Blarney Castle and Kinsale

Hi,

Could you please tell me if it is possible to do Blarney castle and Kinsale on your own? I understand Kinsale is a 40 minute bus ride. We are there from 8am to 6 PM? Thanks for your help.:o :o :o

Hi,

Could you please tell me if it is possible to do Blarney castle and Kinsale on your own? I understand Kinsale is a 40 minute bus ride. We are there from 8am to 6 PM? Thanks for your help.:o :o :o

We need a bit more information than that!

Where are you coming in? (Cobh, I guess). What day of the week? Is it a tender port or do you berth alongside (as you'll have more time in practice if it is the latter).

When you say "Blarney Castle" do you mean kiss the stone and go, or see the whole castle and grounds? When you say Kinsale do you want to go to see Old Kinslale Head or just the town of Kinsale?

Hi,

We are going into COBH. We are not being tendered.

I was thinking about seeing the Blarney Castle and the town of Kinsale. Which would you recommend? It is a Monday when we arrive.

Is the town of Kinsale better than Old Kinslale Head?

Thanks for your help.:o

With a rental car, it's doable. Meaning you would have to be off your ship first thing. Not doable with any bus, since too much time is wasted, waiting.

What is your interest in Kinsale?? The fort and haunted castle barely make the trip worthwhile with such a short time?? Overnight allows you the above day trips and the ability to get some fantastic traditional Irish music at night.

Although it has huge historical significance with the sinking of RMS Luisitania, I don't think it is worth going all that way for a day - although if you're in the area for a few days then the detour probably is. There is now a golf course on the head itself.

Blarney has a lovely house as well as the castle, which is certainly worth seeing.

Kinsale is nice too.

The other option is to go to Cork for the day, having looked round Cobh first. There is an interesting museum on nautical matters in the old railway station there.

It is a gorgeous part of Ireland, and a day is no-where near enough!

I highly recommend Butlers buses for private tours. We, along with several others we met here on Cruise Critic, arranged a private tour with them and had a wonderful time. We went to Kinsale, Blarney Castle, Blarney Woolen Mills, saw a lot of beautiful countryside, and even had time for a pint of Guinness in a pub. It was an outstanding day.

Archived