seafood?

Do they serve much seafood on the vision of the seas mexican riviera? If so what kind and do you all generally consider the seafood fresh as we are on a moving island. Oh one more question is there plenty of produce on cruises? I am admittedly a salad-a-holic and would miss my daily rabbit food;) Thanks to you all in advance!

Is the poorest example of how crab is fixed in Maryland! I am embarrassed that they would call it"Maryland crab", as it is largely filler and there is no Old Bay seasoning in it....

Some menu planner got that one very wrong.:o

I guess I should have figured it would be frozen, most fish is these days. I just sort of had visions for a brief moment of sushi gone wrong he he he. But I am sure it is really good in general. Nothing wrong with frozen. Thanks everyone

Most "Maryland Crab" comes from the Gulf of Mexico and is flown in daily to Baltimore. I would know, I work for the airline that ships thousands of pounds a day from Houston (HOU) and New Orleans (MSY).

This we know is true, thats why the part that makes it 'Maryland' is the Old Bay (which is used on a lot more then just seafood here) and barely any filling on our crab cakes.

I've seen many times crab cakes sent back in restaurants because they were listed as Maryland Crab Cakes but had way to much filles and not enough crab to meet most Marylanders expectations. Heck, those who want to add so much filling, sometimes to the point where you don't even taste the crab, should just call them crab cakes.

On the subject of the Maryland Blue, I hope less and less of them make it to our tables for a few years and they are allowed to grow their population again. Sorry to the fishermen in Maryland who make their living here but I'd rather have some short years then have them disappear. I don't care for O'Malley but he seems to be doing something right in this respect.

Archived