Anyone else hearing that starting 7/1 C&A Sav Certs will no longer be allowed w/NC

Linda I'm not sure where it is going either..........and I don't understand WHY.....(not that they asked me:) ) Let's just say they have made some interesting decisions lately with a lot of things........I'm all for the free enterprise system and making profit........but I've shaken my head on a few things lately.........if they are true of course.:D

So true! I want to wish everyone good luck with their future bookings. This is still not going to stop me from cruising:D. And I do appreciate everyone sharing their experience with bookings.

Happy Cruising

I will say this.......don't give up.........about 6 months ago (I know things are changing daily) we had a coupond denied. My TA called RC and talked to a supervisor........while technically they had every right under their rules to deny the coupon.......the supervisor agreed that loyal customers should not be denied $150 and applied the credit himself.......

I guess I have a good TA that went to bat for us........of course this may change like I said.......times aren't what they were economically even 6 months ago........but it never hurts to go to the next step, if you have the tiime and inclination to do so......all they can say is no.

You can still use your stockholder credit and your rcl Visa reward certificates for OBC:) as of right now any ways:D

I would hope that they wouldn't stop combining these as they are from 2 different entities RCL and Bank of America.

Just got an email from the coupon dept...............emailed them my "Thank you" coupon yesterday and asked to have them applied to 2 of my cruises(which had been booked with NCs)..heres what they said..:mad:

Dear Guest,

Thank you for using our online Coupon Redemption Center!

We have received your Royal Caribbean International coupon as submitted.

We were unable to apply the coupon to this reservation for the following reason:

Coupon is not combinable with other coupons and /or onboard credit offers. We reflect that a coupon and / or an onboard

Credit has already been added to this reservation.

Please refer to the terms and conditions listed on the coupon for further information.

We reserve the right to inspect and examine any original coupon for verification. We reserve the right to disallow any credit for inappropriately duplicative submissions and those submissions which are inconsistent with the terms and conditions of the coupon.

Thank you and best regards,

Royal Caribbean International

I just got the same response. So much for the "Thank You"

I just today transfered an existing booking to another cruise. The existing booking had OBC attached to it and I just received a "Thank You" cert which I asked to have applied to this booking. Having read this thread, I don't fancy my chances but I'll let you know.

I would hope that they wouldn't stop combining these as they are from 2 different entities RCL and Bank of America.

I sure hope you are right about this. Remember..........

When you cash in your Visa points for an OBC............who is supplying the money for the OBC on a ship............RCI??? I'm sure BofA isn't, but I could be wrong.

When you request Shareholder Benefits.............who is supplying the money for the OBC on a ship.........RCI!!

When you receive an OBC for booking a NC or a real cruise..........who is supplying the money for the OBC on a ship.............RCI!!

Maybe I'm looking at this wrong...............but it looks like it's all coming down to saving the company $$$$$.

When you cash in your Visa points for an OBC............who is supplying the money for the OBC on a ship............RCI??? I'm sure BofA isn't, but I could be wrong.

When you request Shareholder Benefits.............who is supplying the money for the OBC on a ship.........RCI!!

When you receive an OBC for booking a NC or a real cruise..........who is supplying the money for the OBC on a ship.............RCI!!

Maybe I'm looking at this wrong...............but it looks like it's all coming down to saving the company $$$$$.

Bingo!:) I think you hit it on the head Miss Patti.

I just today transfered an existing booking to another cruise. The existing booking had OBC attached to it and I just received a "Thank You" cert which I asked to have applied to this booking. Having read this thread, I don't fancy my chances but I'll let you know.

Thats exactly what I did ,Sheila..........transferred one cruise to another........then got the coupon and well,you know the rest........its history....:rolleyes:

Sorry, it's the credit card company that provides the benefit, just like it is when you get a credit card that gives you 3% back on gas no matter what brand of gas you buy or a percentage off for eating out at any restaurant.

I emailed C&A asking about these rumors, here is a copy of the email I received back from them

RE: Onboard Credit and Other Offers

Dear Simon:

Thank you for your e-mail. We regret any misinformation that you may have received. While some of the information you are hearing is correct, most of it is not. It has always been that membership coupons are not combinable with any other offer. It is true that Royal Caribbean International will start enforcing this rule on July 1, 2008.

In the interest of clarification, we want to provide the following information. Any special "offer" is not combinable with another "offer." However, any "offer" is combinable with any "benefit." Additionally, any "benefit" is combinable with any other "benefit." Please see the following list of offers and benefits.

"Offers" include: Onboard credit for booking onboard

Membership Coupons

"Benefits" include: Balcony and Suite Discounts for Platinum and Diamond members

Onboard Credit for Shareholders

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office at 800-526-9723.

Simon, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Chelle Hanson

Crown & Anchor Society

So it would appear that OBC's for booking onboard, ie from next cruise bookings, will be lost if a C&A savings coupon is applied.

Other discounts are "benefits" and can be combined. Looks like this Next cruise, with the low deposit maybe causing some problems for them, with regard to people booking a cruise using next cruise when a C&A savings certificate has been issued.

:mad:

I emailed C&A asking about these rumors, here is a copy of the email I received back from them

RE: Onboard Credit and Other Offers

Dear Simon:

Thank you for your e-mail. We regret any misinformation that you may have received. While some of the information you are hearing is correct, most of it is not. It has always been that membership coupons are not combinable with any other offer. It is true that Royal Caribbean International will start enforcing this rule on July 1, 2008.

In the interest of clarification, we want to provide the following information. Any special "offer" is not combinable with another "offer." However, any "offer" is combinable with any "benefit." Additionally, any "benefit" is combinable with any other "benefit." Please see the following list of offers and benefits.

Membership Coupons

"Benefits" include: Balcony and Suite Discounts for Platinum and Diamond members

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office at 800-526-9723.

Simon, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Chelle Hanson

Crown & Anchor Society

So it would appear that OBC's for booking onboard, ie from next cruise bookings, will be lost if a C&A savings coupon is applied.

Other discounts are "benefits" and can be combined. Looks like this Next cruise, with the low deposit maybe causing some problems for them, with regard to people booking a cruise using next cruise when a C&A savings certificate has been issued.

:mad:

Thanks Simon for the clarification. Would you mind posting your email so we can see what this is in response to.

Thanks.

Here's the original email

To: <crownandanchor@rccl.com>

Subject: Loyalty and other discounts

Dear Sir/Madam I email hoping that you can clarify a situation for me, I am reading on several cruise discussion boards, that after July 1st 2008, RCI will no longer accept mutiple discounts when booking cruises.

This has been quoted as meaning that if, a next cruise option is booked onboard ship, then only the next cruise OBC will be allowed, C&A balcony discounts, stockholders discounts and C&A saving certificates cannot be used as well as the OBC.

If this "1 discount" rule is actually happening, then I would imagine that C&A will stop issuing saving certificates for balcony cabins to Platinum and Diamond Members, as they cannot be used with with the balcony discount.

This also brings the question to mind of Stockholders, I would imagine, that a lot of RCCL stock holders are regular cruisers on RCCL lines, so are probably members of the loyalty programs of both RCI and Celebrity. Does this mean that they also will forfeit one of the discounts?

This is a quite worrying situation, so I would appreciate you either confiming or denying this rumor, if indeed, a rumor is what it is Thanks in advance

Simon

Took me a couple of times,but I get it now.................thanks and thanks for posting your name........NOW I understand your screen name too:p

makes sense doesn't it, when you know my name and see my location:D :D

Here's the original email

To: <crownandanchor@rccl.com>

Subject: Loyalty and other discounts

Dear Sir/Madam I email hoping that you can clarify a situation for me, I am reading on several cruise discussion boards, that after July 1st 2008, RCI will no longer accept mutiple discounts when booking cruises.

This has been quoted as meaning that if, a next cruise option is booked onboard ship, then only the next cruise OBC will be allowed, C&A balcony discounts, stockholders discounts and C&A saving certificates cannot be used as well as the OBC.

If this "1 discount" rule is actually happening, then I would imagine that C&A will stop issuing saving certificates for balcony cabins to Platinum and Diamond Members, as they cannot be used with with the balcony discount.

This also brings the question to mind of Stockholders, I would imagine, that a lot of RCCL stock holders are regular cruisers on RCCL lines, so are probably members of the loyalty programs of both RCI and Celebrity. Does this mean that they also will forfeit one of the discounts?

This is a quite worrying situation, so I would appreciate you either confiming or denying this rumor, if indeed, a rumor is what it is Thanks in advance

Simon

Thanks so much Simon. Wanted this to put this info in our files so next time we are have any questions we can reference this.

Job well done.

Thanks for the clarification..........I had to read it a few times, but think I understand it........thanks for posting your response.

ok, what's a thank you certificate?

It's a sort of "thank you for sailing with us, here's $50 towards your next cruise" certificate. I've had a couple but never booked in time to use them. They seem to send them out randomly about 3 weeks after a cruise

It's a sort of "thank you for sailing with us, here's $50 towards your next cruise" certificate. I've had a couple but never booked in time to use them. They seem to send them out randomly about 3 weeks after a cruise

Some people seem to be able to get these applied even though they have already booked a cruise, or the certificate is past the date. Posters even insist, 'call back and ask someone else!'

Twice, I have been told I cannot use these for each of these reasons, but I'd like RC to enforce their rules consistently. It seems they are trying to do this so we can't fault them for that.

Any special "offer" is not combinable with another "offer." However, any "offer" is combinable with any "benefit." Additionally, any "benefit" is combinable with any other "benefit." Please see the following list of offers and benefits.

Membership Coupons

What about residency and senior discounts? Are they considered offers? And what about the RCCL Visa certificates? Has that been confirmed that it is a separate and combinable thing?

Archived