Anyone else hearing that starting 7/1 C&A Sav Certs will no longer be allowed w/NC

It's a sort of "thank you for sailing with us, here's $50 towards your next cruise" certificate. I've had a couple but never booked in time to use them. They seem to send them out randomly about 3 weeks after a cruise

I just got one this week, dated May 20/08, thanking me for our Legend cruise taken last Nov. It good for bookings between May 27 to July 26. Would have used it for our Radiance cruise taken earlier this month and booked at the beginning of last Feb. if it had been sent sooner.

It also had $25US off per cabin coupon for a 5 night or shorter cruise.

So, whats the point of doing Next Cruise now? It seems like its more of a hassle than its worth. I don't see how come you can't get OBC for saying "hey, I'll book with you in the future" and use your C&A coupons that are because you have stayed loyal. :(

Just upsetting because I know there will be a C&A coupon and I won't get to use it (because it won't come out til later this year) and it was a Next Cruise cert. that we used. And to think I was gonna do another NC cert. when we were on the Mariner so we could book Oasis.. bah!

So, whats the point of doing Next Cruise now? It seems like its more of a hassle than its worth. I don't see how come you can't get OBC for saying "hey, I'll book with you in the future" and use your C&A coupons that are because you have stayed loyal. :(

Exactly. In fact, if you have another "offer" you can apply, there is a point in refusing to use NextCruise. RCCL counts on people getting all enthused about booking while they're on the ship which is why NextCruise incentives exist in the first place. If they start seeing a drop in NextCruise bookings, perhaps they will see how stupid this is. People may just as well go home and book with another cruiseline.

What about residency and senior discounts? Are they considered offers? And what about the RCCL Visa certificates? Has that been confirmed that it is a separate and combinable thing?

Good question............are residency and senior discounts benefits for living in a certain state and being OLD!!:(

I would think that the Visa points would be a benefit.............but I could be wrong again.

Sorry, it's the credit card company that provides the benefit, just like it is when you get a credit card that gives you 3% back on gas no matter what brand of gas you buy or a percentage off for eating out at any restaurant.

Thanks for correcting me. The more I thought about it after I posted it.........I figured I was out in left field with my answer. :o I thought too long and could not come back and edit.

Good question............are residency and senior discounts benefits for living in a certain state and being OLD!!:(

I would think that the Visa points would be a benefit.............but I could be wrong again.

I would say the Visa Certificates would be a benefit and therefore combinable, while the Senior and or residency discounts would be an offer and not combinable with any other offer:(

Exactly. In fact, if you have another "offer" you can apply, there is a point in refusing to use NextCruise. RCCL counts on people getting all enthused about booking while they're on the ship which is why NextCruise incentives exist in the first place. If they start seeing a drop in NextCruise bookings, perhaps they will see how stupid this is. People may just as well go home and book with another cruiseline.

Well, I know I won't be doing next cruise again. If they come out with C&A on both of my cruises, thats $175 that I won't be eligible to get. They have been having residency discounts on other Mex Riv cruises for my state, so if they do that as well.. well, that could potentially be a few hundred dollars as well. All this for a measly $100 OBC. All I can say is, if they aren't going to reward loyalty, I'm not going to be loyal.

I would say the Visa Certificates would be a benefit and therefore combinable, while the Senior and or residency discounts would be an offer and not combinable with any other offer:(

I agree with that.

Oh well, I guess getting old doesn't have it's benefits anymore!:p but I agree......it most probably is an offer.

Archived