Misty Fjords Sea Plane Tour

BIG4YA

No one has ever missed their ship after an Island Wings flight! When we made our reservations with them last year, they knew exactly what our ship's schedule was. You will have a FANTASTIC trip!!

We just flew with Island Wings last week. Their dock is a 5 or so minute drive from the cruise ship docks so you shouldn't have any problems. They are a very well-run operation and are well aware of the ship schedules but it wouldn't hurt to mention that you have to be back before 4PM just to be sure.

Actually, when you booked, it was ABSOLUTELY necessary, you mentioned your timing???? IF so, then have faith in their scheduling, and go with their recommendations.

Droste -

Where did you post your review?

I'd be interested is seeing if your trip was as enjoyable as ours. I'm sure it was..

EDIT - Forget it, I found it. I'll take a read a little later. Thanks

This is "piling on," but we four flew with Michelle from Island Wings last week, and it was fine. Small operation. Shona who will respond to your email also drove the van to pick us up at the dock (Amsterdam). Michelle owns a 1959 DH Beaver which looks brand new. She spends 60-70 K per year on maintenance. Good choice.

:p Oh Yes...we booked a helicopter tour in Juneau so I have "air travel" on the brain! Thanks for pointing that out! I have a reservation with Michelle and they assured us they will have us back to the dock on time! Thanks!

Kathy

Coconet - you realize that Island Wings flies float airplanes not helicopters?:confused: We flew with Michelle May 28th and had a wonderful experience. She is the best!:)

We just flew with Misty Fjords Air and was extremely pleased with the service and the flight. The plane was new, the pilot was very experienced and informative, flew different paths to and from, overal fantastic experience. I would highly recommend Dave and his crew.

I booked with the cruiseline and had a fabulous tour, I sat at the front next the pilot, and the view was incredible. The boat cruise back to port was also fantastic, and seeing a brown bear with two cubs was the icing on the cake.

Island Wings has an opening on the day we will be in port. I really want to do this tour it sounds so wonderful but I am nervous about flying in a small plane. I am always a little nervous even in a large jet while taking off but after 5 minutes in the air I am fine. Can someone tell me who had the same feelings I did what you thought after you got into the air. I just feel like I am going to miss out on alot if I don't do this trip. Thanks for your info.

Island Wings has an opening on the day we will be in port. I really want to do this tour it sounds so wonderful but I am nervous about flying in a small plane. I am always a little nervous even in a large jet while taking off but after 5 minutes in the air I am fine. Can someone tell me who had the same feelings I did what you thought after you got into the air. I just feel like I am going to miss out on alot if I don't do this trip. Thanks for your info.

My wife was concerned also, (about the small plane, landing, etc.) She absolutely loved it. Michelle is great, and IMO, this is a must do excursion.

Have fun,

Barry

I flew with Michele last week with my DW and two friends. The takeoff was so smooth that we did not believe it when we left the water and when we landed it was sooooo smooth. I have a fear of heights and once in a while I would get flustered but sucked it in and lived through the flight - it was well worth it. Michele is a great pilot and showed us so much. We landed in a partially frozen lake and it was beautiful.

Their dock is real close to the port and we walked back to the Zaandam in dock 4.

I have a choice of going with the following companies: Southeastern Aviation (8am or 10am), Family Air (not sure of available time), Carlin Air (8am), and possible SeaWind (10am). Any thoughts? Island Air is not available.

We went with SeaWind Aviation in 2006 and it was WONDERFUL! Both Steve and Leslie are very nice and very knowledgable about the area. Steve put us down in a beautiful lake and we got to get out and take pictures. He had Satellite radio on the headphones and we listened to The Rolling Stones while buzzing by mountain goats. It was one of the highlights of our trip!

I flew with Michele last week with my DW and two friends. The takeoff was so smooth that we did not believe it when we left the water and when we landed it was sooooo smooth. I have a fear of heights and once in a while I would get flustered but sucked it in and lived through the flight - it was well worth it. Michele is a great pilot and showed us so much. We landed in a partially frozen lake and it was beautiful.

Their dock is real close to the port and we walked back to the Zaandam in dock 4.

Did you do the 2 hour tour for $229 or the extended version deeper into the fjords to the glacier (for $360)?

Thanks!

Did you do the 2 hour tour for $229 or the extended version deeper into the fjords to the glacier (for $360)?

Thanks!

We did the two hour tour - $229 per person was enough money. We did enjoy it and we had also gone to Glacier Bay on the Zaandam so we did not see a need for more glaciers.

We are also booked with Island Wings in July. We were scheduled to do the Misty Fjords tour, then changed to their Anan Creek tour to hopefully get to see the bears catching salmon in the river. I guess we were lucky since the government restricts the number of visitors so it doesn't get out of control. I think this will be the highlight of our cruise.

Archived