Onboard Alachol.

Dustin

Does anyone know if you can buy alachol in the store onboard and pay the extra corkage fee link with wine and take the alachol back to your room to consume, or is this option just for wine? We are traveling on the Destiny on Oct 31st.

Whenever I've purchased liquor onboard ship, the liquor is delivered to my cabin on the last day. I have never heard of anyone taking liquor from the ship's store to the cabin, other than a purchase on the last evening before returning to port. You are permitted to bring wine onboard and can pay the corkage fee for use in the dining room.

I just returned this week from the "Legend" and there is no wine for sale in the Liquor store that I could see. People were buying "Liquor" (Rum, Scotch, Vodka etc) and prices were good but passengers could not take their purchase with them. More then a few times, I heard the store clerk tell the passengers their purchase would be delivered on last night of Cruise. However, I have heard on one of the other Cruiselines, You can purchase Liquor in their store onboard and they tag on an additional $10.00 so you can consume it in your cabin during the Cruise.

Does anyone know if you can buy alachol in the store onboard and pay the extra corkage fee link with wine and take the alachol back to your room to consume, or is this option just for wine?

Unfortunately, Carnival does not do this. Royal Caribbean does though, for $9.50 per bottle. Not worth it in my book. Buy your alcohol in port, put it in your carry bag. When you come back on the ship, you place your bag in the x-ray machine; when it comes out you pick it up, and instead of going to the table where you are to turn in your liquor, proceed to the elevators. I have never turned in alcohol unless it was a big amount that I wanted to take home.

Archived