Upper berth on Galaxy?

Trotsky00

Hi all,

Myself and my girlfiend are cruising on the Galaxy on the 22nd of Aug from Rome and we have a cabin with two upper berths. Does anyone have a photo or description of this type of room?

Thanks,

Garry

There are some cabins that in addition to standard bedding (two lower beds- also convert to one queen bed,) have one or two upper berths that pull down from the wall. In the up position they hardly stick out from the wall at all, maybe not at all. If it is only you and your girlfriend, you won't have to worry about them at all. There aren't any cabins on the Galaxy that only have two upper berths. All cabins have at the minimum two lower beds.

There are some cabins that in addition to standard bedding (two lower beds- also convert to one queen bed,) have one or two upper berths that pull down from the wall. In the up position they hardly stick out from the wall at all, maybe not at all. If it is only you and your girlfriend, you won't have to worry about them at all. There aren't any cabins on the Galaxy that only have two upper berths. All cabins have at the minimum two lower beds.

I Fly is absolutely correct and the only thing I would add is when you get to your room the beds may be set up as two singles. If this is the case and you prefer to have one queen, tell your attendent who will adjust it for you. Also, a queen bed on a cruise ship is more like a double in real life.

Enjoy your cruise...

With two upper berths and the singles being made into a queen is you loose shoulder space when walking around the side of the bed.

I've have this layout before and got used to banging my shoulders or bumping my head if I get out of bed too quickly. The beds stick out about 10" from the wall if I remember correctly.

Dave:eek:

With two upper berths and the singles being made into a queen is you loose shoulder space when walking around the side of the bed.

I've have this layout before and got used to banging my shoulders or bumping my head if I get out of bed too quickly. The beds stick out about 10" from the wall if I remember correctly.

Dave:eek:

Dave:

Oh how I remember that, my son and I had one of those rooms and even with the single beds he kept banging his head but then he's 6'6". Thankfully we did not spend much time in the room.

Archived