Possible to make a 2pm flight in Seattle after disembarkation?

alaskafan2

I'm taking the Alaskan cruise on the Star Aug. 23-30. The itinerary says we dock back in Seattle at 8am. I assume an 11:47 flight is out of the question, but is a 2:10 flight OK?

I've read that sometimes it can take a while to get off the ship, even if you have express disembarkation, but I figure everyone has to be off by noon by the latest so that the embarkation of the next group can begin.

2:10 will be absolutely no problem but I would be tempted to take the 11:47 flight. If you let them know you have an 'early' flight you should easily make that flight too. There will be plenty of taxis or shuttles willing to take you to the airport and it isn't that long of a trip. Security at SEA-TAC looks overwhelming but moves quickly.

Take the early flight!!! We had a 2:00 flight and sat at the airport from 9:00 until 2:00. Do the express self debarkation - line up at 7:00 am and you will be fine!!! I just got off the Star in Seattle Saturday.

stick with the 2:10....you may may the earlier flights. but if the ship is late getting the "all clear" to start embarking or you run into lines at sea-tac..you won't make it.

the problem is more the long lines at sea-tac and getting through security to make your flight. plus the airport-area traffic is some of the worse any where.

when we did that, they didn't start letting people off until almost 9am..the lines, off the ship, went from the dock building all the way up, at a crawl. once you got past the luggage area, you had long lines for taxis and shuttles.

add to that, you have to be checked in (for the flight) 2 hours before.

disembarking is not that bad, just hard of those trying to make early flights:D

Are you in a suite? We were off the ship in no time with VIP disembark. We met the concierge at 0830 and were off the ship and at the airport via taxi by 0905. There was a long line with all of the people carrying their luggage that snaked through the 7th floor. I don't know how long it took them to get off the ship and to the airport. I was almost wishing I had booked an earlier flight, but if I had we would probably have ended up being late!

I'm in a mini-suite, so I think that other than having 'suite' in the name, it's considered a regular cabin when it comes to suite perks.

After looking at the flights again, we realized the 11:47 flight is not direct and costs more than the 2:10 flight. So we'll stick with the 2:10 flight. Thanks for everyone's responses!

Now we have to figure out what to do for the extra time. So another question, when is the latest you can get off the ship ?:)

We cruised from Seattle last year and had a 12:10 flight out. We were off the ship and at the airport before 9AM!!! ugh.... we could not even check in until 10:30. We had wished we had a nice breakfast before leaving the ship.

This year we have the same flight but will NOT feel we need to hurry to disembark to be at the airport. Then again the lines at the airport to go through security were the biggest I have ever seen!

I have made many flights out of Seattle. There have been many times that the security lines have been backed up for over an hour, and then again only 10 minutes wait. Please go for the later flight. If you walk off with your luggage it will be miserable, So many do it today. Take your time... There are 3 ships all arriving in Seattle at the same time and there can be crowds at the airport.:)

It now looks like we're switching from 11:50 am to 11:50pm! All the earlier flights are significantly more expensive - especially when you're looking at 4 tickets.

So we will have more than enough time to disembark and enjoy Seattle! Not looking forward to the red eye to Boston (with a stop in Chicago).

- Anna

If I had that long to spend, I'd rent a car and spend the afternoon sightseeing in Seattle. That way, you've got the trunk to store your luggage in, and you can pick and choose the places that interest you. We rented from Thrifty (going to the ship instead of leaving) and it worked very smoothly. They've got a location not far from the pier, and I think they have a counter right at the NCL pier now.

We also made friends on the ship who were staying overnight in Seattle and taking a Gray Line tour before heading to the airport the next day. I forget what sites their tour included, but that would be another option.

Got off the Pearl at 7:15 AM using self debark and were in the airport and through security by 8:25AM. Also, we took a town car for $35 instead of a cab which cost $36 and change on the way to the pier.

Just wanted to mention that NCL has the "bags" program. We used this when we were on the Pearl on the May 4th sailing.

If you are using one of the airlines they have listed and have a flight between noon and 11 pm, I believe, you can, for $16 per person, put your luggage out the night before debarking and never see it again until your destination airport.

The cruiseline checks you in for your flight, prints your boarding pass, which they deliver to your room a day or two before you get off and they look after the luggage. This was the best $16 I've ever spent.

I bought some souveniers so ended up with an extra dufflebag, so with the "bags" program you are allowed to check 2 bags per person. This beat having to handle 2 suitcases and a carryon each, especially for my elderly mother.

When you arrive at the airport you go directly to the security line, no check in or waiting at the ticket counter. We had breakfast, walked off the ship with our carryons, grabbed a taxi and were still at the airport and through security and sitting at our gate by 9:45 for a 12:35 flight.

This service is really great for people who have very late flights. You can go sightseeing on your own using taxi's or public transit and not have to worry about your luggage.

Ours arrived at our destination with no problems, and we even had a connection.

They will "kick you off" mid to late morning. Besides, who wants to just hang out now that the cruise is over. If you have a 2or 3pm flight, you will not have that much time if you leave at 9 to 10am. Get bags, get car, check bags, stand in security line, potty time, something to eat, wander through airport.. Bingo - time to go.

As to the evening flight. Yes, rent a car downtown and see some sights and drive yourself to the airport. do late dinner, get on plane and sleep.

I would think you could make the earlier flight if you wanted. We did the bag program for $16 where our bags were sent and checked during the night...well worth the money. We slept in, had breakfast and were still off the ship at 10am. I can honestly say NCL has the easiest debarkation process I have ever experienced.

Not sure if anyone here is into wine...but if you get stuck at SEATAC, try out the little wine bar just inside the secure area. It is fantastic. We did 2 different flights of local wines and it made the last day of vacation a lot of fun. I don't remember the name...but it is something like vino or Vin...

I was in the last group to get off the Star last week. We were all off at

10:00am. They kept making the announcement: "Everyone HAS to get off now or customs will hold your bags." We enjoyed a nice breakfast and a last quiet walk around the ship before we disembarked. No stress to get off quickly.

The next cruise starts embarkation at 11:30

Oh, gosh, we never ordered from room service. I looked at it a couple of times so you'd think I'd remember. There were salads. Must have been some sandwiches. Don't remember burgers. I thought it was basic and boring, except for the eggs. Our room was right under the buffet so we just ran upstairs and grazed anytime we got hungry. I think I saw the menu posted somewhere. I'll look.

I'm taking the Alaskan cruise on the Star Aug. 23-30. The itinerary says we dock back in Seattle at 8am. I assume an 11:47 flight is out of the question, but is a 2:10 flight OK?

I've read that sometimes it can take a while to get off the ship, even if you have express disembarkation, but I figure everyone has to be off by noon by the latest so that the embarkation of the next group can begin.

I also am on the Star - July 5th - Alaska. We are on the 11:57 flight departing Seattle to Newark. We are going to use the BAGS program that NCL offers. Shouldn't be a problem getting to our flight on time. We will have our boarding passes and our luggage will already be at the airport. Can't beat it for $16 per person.

Archived