All I want is.....

cruise kitty

I agree 100%. We have cruised to Alaska and Mexico on both Celebrity and Princess 6 times in the past few years. Went on the Dawn twice, plus the Pacific, Sapphire, and Mercury. Booked on the Star to Mexico this October. We would do more cruises out of San Francisco if they would put some newer ships on the runs. May even consider doing some out of San Diego, which is easy to fly into if they would add some newer ships. Cruiselines don't realized how much business they might get if they upgaded the ships they offer. Especially like ones that do a round trip, so we don't have any air to deal with, suspect other folks would like this too. :)

I wouldn't mind if all of X's M-class ships sailed from here at all and they wouldn't have to change a thing for me! :D

I am so grateful for this thread! It got me to look at Splendor more seriously, and I found that I could do a seven-day cruise next April on a brand-new ship, out of my home-port, solo (in one of their 1A cabins that have much better deals for solos) for $850 + fuel surcharge = about $900. Obviously, if I sail double-occupancy, it would be even cheaper per person. That is a tough deal to pass up... I wasn't planning to book my next cruise till I did my B2B in November, but this is pretty tempting...

ME TOO !!! more from SF ,

i wonder why they dont do the long hawaii cruises from SF like they do from la and san diego ? i wish i wish !!!!!!!

I wish too... unfortunately SF does not seem to want to attract the ship traffic. Their high costs, old terminals are not condusive to attracting cruise lines. If is the only port I know where we were required to have three tug boats dock us........ must have a "tug boat captain feather bedding" program.

I wish there were more cruises from the East Coast -- whether they are new or old ships. Lots of us East Coasters hate to fly anymore. I can't understand why the only cruises to the Carribbean are so limited to just a few months out of the year; or just a couple of New England cruises. And why did X cancel cruises to Bermuda? There are lots of great ports X could choose from: New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Norfolk, etc. The population is greater in these areas than San Francisco and/or Los Angeles.

I agree 100%. We have cruised to Alaska and Mexico on both Celebrity and Princess 6 times in the past few years. Went on the Dawn twice, plus the Pacific, Sapphire, and Mercury. Booked on the Star to Mexico this October. We would do more cruises out of San Francisco if they would put some newer ships on the runs. May even consider doing some out of San Diego, which is easy to fly into if they would add some newer ships. Cruiselines don't realized how much business they might get if they upgaded the ships they offer. Especially like ones that do a round trip, so we don't have any air to deal with, suspect other folks would like this too. :)

I've done mex riv on almost every ship that goes and the worst by far was the Star. I do NOT reccommend that ship at all. The beds are a complete joke and the food is NOT good. I've cruised 11 times now on all different lines and ships, and seriously that was the worse ship ever. I did like the 8 night itinerary they had, but that's it. Honestly, I'd switch to the Carnival Pride over the Star in a heartbeat. It's bad.

I am always on the lookout for SF cruises - it sure makes a difference when you don't have to plan $ or time for flying. I love the ships, food, relaxation and go for the cruising, not so much the ports anymore - Mexico 3 times, Alaska 3 times - but all those were RTs out of SF and were fantastic! There is nothing like sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge - it is a thrilling feeling, and I am not one to get mushy about stuff like that!

The rare SF roundtrip cruises on Celebrity, like 11-14 day Alaskas or the 10 day Riviera cruises are always sold out by Bay Area folks, or those who find this a great opportunity to have a great cruise and visit a world-class city on the same vacation. It may not be a huge market like LA or SD, but there is definitely a demand.

I love Infinity and just booked a Panama Canal cruise on 4/26/09 from Ft. Lauderdale that ends in SF! That's the only one, though, couldn't find one that starts in SF to Ft. L. for a back to back. So, next best thing - book the San Diego to Ft. L. on 4/12/09. Hey, the flight's alot shorter now, SF to San Diego! :rolleyes:

I'm all for SF cruises - Cruise lines, are you listening? Tap the Bay Area and Northern CA market plus the world-wide tourist draw we already get!

Archived