ok here goes...

loewin

hi all! me and fiance will be taking our first cruise ever this october as a honeymoon :D. i've been doing a lot of research and looking at the port of call boards but there are some questions i have not been able to get answered.

i don't know if it is appropriate to ask but i cannot find exact prices on carnival excursions. i've googled, searched this site, other sites, carnival site... but i can't find anything with a specific price. see we are paying for wedding and honeymoon on our own and we need to have a strict budget. this will be so much easier to do if i could have SOME kind of figure. i am asking in this forum because since we will be so new to cruising i think it will just be easier for us to book thru the cruise line. i understand prices do change, but something is better than nothing.

some of the excursions of interest to us are:

cayman pirate adventure

tulum ruins

in belize either the private island or zoo and city tour

gumbalimba

if any of you remember how much it cost you to book these thru the ship, could you please pass that info along? also, if you have a suggestion for something better to do instead of the choices above, please speak up!:)

and last, if there is anything specific you could suggest about the above places, like the best attire, shoes, snacks/drinks to bring, what is available there...

sorry if its too much to ask lol... i just want to be prepared:o.

thanks!

To get the exact prices for Carnival excursions:

If you are registered with Carnival, login, select my profile. If your cruise is listed, select it view cruise details, Plan activities, Reserve shore excursions. You will see all the prices.

If you arent registered, register then follow above.

If your cruise is not listed, select add Booking #, and add it.

I ran into the same problem when I booked. I'm getting set for my first cruise next week. What I did was go to the carnival site and go to my reservation. On that page there's a link for planning activities. Click on that and pretend to book the excursion. It should show you not only the prices but also the times that are available. I'm not sure but I believe you have to pay when you make the reservation for the excursion. Being our first cruise we're going to just wing it lol. You can also go to a desk on the ship to make reservations for excursions but some fill up and won't be available. If I remember what my PVP said the excursions lock in 90 days out.

Welcome to cruise critic and best wishes to you and your hubby-to-be!!:D

If you register on the carnival site, you can find your reservation and go to "book excursions"...it will give you a list of choices for each port and in the details are the prices...

Did you book with Carnival directly or througha travel agent? You can call direct to Carnival and find out about excursions also, but I don't use a TA so someone else will add to this I am sure....:D

HTH and have fun!!!

You should get on the ports of call board. There is a lot of information on excursions that would help you a great deal. Tulum is a very long day, and you need to wear comfortable shoes. There is a lot of walking at Tulum, and not a lot of shade. It is still fairly hot in Mexico in October. Some excursions include snacks, but it's always best to bring packaged snacks and lots of water with you. The Belize zoo is a great excursion. The zoo trail is basically gravel, so sandals are not advised. Wear comfortable shorts and shirts on both excursions. Also take bug repellent on the Belize zoo excusion or you will be sorry you didn't bring it with you. Hope this helps you a bit, but as I stated earlier, you will find a great deal more information on the ports of call board. Congratulations and have a great honeymoon cruise!

cayman pirate adventure

tulum ruins

gumbalimba thanks!

The pricing key is:

$ is $20-49

$$ is $50-99

$$$ is $100-149

$$$$ is $150 and up

ah, guys thanks so much. that is the problem, i havn't booked yet.:o when looking thru the carnival site, i click on the excursions, then the info, but only the $ symbol is displayed. i'm going to go thru a travel agent, but there is a slight hold up at the moment. i guess i just wanted the pricing before hand so that i can pay ahead for everything, including all the tips and such.

thanks for the info!

Booking through the ship is fine, but you might consider a company called shoretrips dot com (sorry, we can't give exact websites here). They have great tours with fewer people and are a little cheaper on average than the cruiseline. Even if you don't use them, you will at least have a general idea as to the costs of excursions, etc. We used them on our honeymoon and had a wonderful experience! (Fewer people than the cruise ship groups and more personalized.)

hi all! me and fiance will be taking our first cruise ever this october as a honeymoon :D. i've been doing a lot of research and looking at the port of call boards but there are some questions i have not been able to get answered.

i don't know if it is appropriate to ask but i cannot find exact prices on carnival excursions. i've googled, searched this site, other sites, carnival site... but i can't find anything with a specific price. see we are paying for wedding and honeymoon on our own and we need to have a strict budget. this will be so much easier to do if i could have SOME kind of figure. i am asking in this forum because since we will be so new to cruising i think it will just be easier for us to book thru the cruise line. i understand prices do change, but something is better than nothing.

cayman pirate adventure

tulum ruins

gumbalimba

if any of you remember how much it cost you to book these thru the ship, could you please pass that info along? also, if you have a suggestion for something better to do instead of the choices above, please speak up!:)

and last, if there is anything specific you could suggest about the above places, like the best attire, shoes, snacks/drinks to bring, what is available there...

sorry if its too much to ask lol... i just want to be prepared:o.

thanks!

I highly recommend taking a private excursion to Tulum with Edventures. We had a group of 10 people (all met on the CC board) and we had an absolute blast. They picked us up at the dock and took us directly to the ruins. After exploring the ruins, Ed fitted us with snorkeling gear and then we went on two snorkeling dives. They made reservations for dinner for us while we were at the second dive. They are fantastic. They provided everything (gear and refreshments) and they included a birthday cake for one in our party. We paid half up front and the rest at the end of the day. It cost me $70, but I was a single person. I believe that the others did not pay $70/pp, but I am not 100% sure. Of course dinner was an extra cost.

The pirate encounter is a lot of fun. I thought it was going to be stupid, but I really enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed the pirate that is dressed like Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean. This costs about $35.

When booking a Carnival excursion, yes, you have to pay while booking it online...you will be prompted to enter your credit card info...I prefer the lines that will take your online reservation, but charge your ship account when you actually sail...

Also you can only book shore excursions online during the window of 120 days to 7 days out. I cannot get exact prices yet for my Alaska cruise next summer or even my Jan 09 3 day get away yet. Thanks miami for the $ legend.

Tom in Long Beach

Yes, I was just going to mention that as it gets about 120 days out that's the only way to see "exact" dollar amounts. I am booked and when I look up my trip on carnival's website, all I see is $. I like to pre-plan also but I have to wait about 200 more days to find out prices :( .

Private excursions are normally better and with fewer people. When I did my Alaska cruise I had booked through Dolly Varden and did some amazing excursions for less than half what it would of cost through the cruise line. I have never booked through the cruise line. Go to the port of call area on this board and search there for peoples recomendations. Have a great Honeymoon and marriage. Don't forget that at the coffee specialty area on the ship they have fantastic chocolate covered strawberries 5 for 3$. Great with champagne.

Just so you know: if your private excursion doesn't get back in time, you will be out of luck to get back on the boat. Because of this, DH and I always do shore excursions through the cruise line. We had a flat tire once and were late coming back, but the ship waited for us. And, Carnival did charge us as soon as we booked shore excursions, which was annoying!

I thought Carnival charged you when you booked - but then when you board and look at your online account the amount has been credited back and then re-charged on your S&S card? Or am I remembering wrong?

Just so you know: if your private excursion doesn't get back in time, you will be out of luck to get back on the boat. Because of this, DH and I always do shore excursions through the cruise line. We had a flat tire once and were late coming back, but the ship waited for us. And, Carnival did charge us as soon as we booked shore excursions, which was annoying!

yeah, that is what i'm afraid of happening. it'll be our first cruise, i'd hate to have that happen lol.

thanks again guys!

yeah, that is what i'm afraid of happening. it'll be our first cruise, i'd hate to have that happen lol.

thanks again guys!

If I was doing Tulum and having to go from Cozumel I would book through the cruise line. If I am staying on the Island I just make sure I am back to the ship area in plenty of time. The companies that other cruisers are recommending know what time the ships are leaving and make sure you are back in plenty of time. I am not afraid of being left because I am watching the clock and am not getting drunk and not paying attention.

Archived