Sydney Westin

Off Shore

Has anyone stayed at the Westin Hotel in Sydney?

Many thanks

Off Shore we have stayed there several times and it would be one of our most favourite hotels - no views but elegant, comfy rooms, impeccable service and centrally located, hard to pinpoint but we just love the ambience of the place - the negatives being not cheap, lousy pool area - depends on what you are looking for........

Jane

MY wife suggested that we also consider the Four Seasons in Sydney?

Any ideas?

Many thanks

I have stayed at the Four Seasons many times - usually for conferences. Its well located but definately not my favorite place (probably as I associate it with work:( ). I love the Park Hyatt - top $$$ but you can't beat the views. My best friend raves about the Inercontinental. There are loads of options in Sydney.

I also agree with Jane although it is years since we have stayed at the Four Seasons and then it was in need of refurbishment but have read several good reports - someone else maybe able to comment, and the Park Hyatt looks amazing (and very expensive) - I think it depends on what you want and your budget - as a treat a year or two ago we stayed in a Corner Club Room in the Intercontinental - absolutely wonderful - stunning views of the Harbour great club room etc - if you use Priceline then with Sydney when bidding for a 5* the Sydney Harbour Marriott seems to be the only hotel that you will win (not to be confused with the other Mariott in Sydney which is a 4* and is located more city centre) - but with Priceline you can't take that as a given - if you want to be in the city centre (as opposed to Circular Quay) the Swisshotel is also nice and I stayed at the Sheraton on the Park a few weeks ago and they seemed to have refurbished the rooms which were nice.......

I've sayed at the Westin twice and it is lovely. I concur with all the above comments from Cass Cruise. It is not on the water and so doesn't have harbour views but that is the only thing it has going against it.

• 1 year later...

Archived