Suite no 716 Silver Shadow

cruzadict

I have been offered this suite for our cruise next year on the Shadow. Has anyone stayed in this suite - is the position good and what is the white blocked out section opposite this room on the deck plans please? We normally book a mid ship veranda but this position will save us £500, which will pay for our hotel in Dubai for a few nights!!

Many thanks

We were in 621, next door to the white space, for 60 days. The only time we noticed any noise was when they were loading "stuff" from the elevator & there were loud bangs. Never at night, however. Being across from it, you wouldn't even hear that. There are regulators on the door so you don't hear constant closing. (if only they would put these softeners on all doors since people don't tend to close doors gently!) I can't imagine that you would have a problem with noise. Enjoy!

I have not stayed in 716, however we stayed in the suite next to the "white space" on deck 8. It is a crew stairwell and housekeeping storage area. The housekeeping staff would get their carts ready in the morning and we could very clearly hear glasses clanking, talking and laughing. The other annoyance was the sound that the steel stairs would make. They seemed to vibrate/echo with every step. That bothered us mainly in the morning and late at night.

I would not stay in that suite again.

Having said that, I agree with the others. You should be perfectly happy across the hall.

Archived