have some questions about the Coral Princess. It seems to me that when I

was researching last year I came across a really comprehensive thread about

Coral complete with deck descriptions, photos, etc. Anyone know where I

can fine that thread?

I'm particularly interested in knowing if Caribe balconies are 1/2 and 1/2 and

do the mini-suites have tubs?

Thanks alot!

TBIRD

I just got off the Coral and was on her for 16 days and frankly in my opinion she is the best ship of the fleet. have been on her 5 times and the Coral/Island are some of the best ships afloat. And yes all mini's have tubs. To me she is just the right size, 1950 passengers.

Marilyn

Marilyn and all, I'm glad to read you think the Coral is so great. We're booked twice on it: once in August to Alaska and again in March to Panama Canal. Same ship wasn't planned, that was just the way our ball bounced. I can't wait. I wonder if there's a bad cruise ship?

Marilyn and all, I'm glad to read you think the Coral is so great. We're booked twice on it: once in August to Alaska and again in March to Panama Canal. Same ship wasn't planned, that was just the way our ball bounced. I can't wait. I wonder if there's a bad cruise ship?

I am really not sure if there is a bad cruiseship or should I say a cruiseline, but I do know that in my opinion the Coral ranks right up there for a nice size ship.

Marilyn

I am really not sure if there is a bad cruiseship or should I say a cruiseline, but I do know that in my opinion the Coral ranks right up there for a nice size ship.

Marilyn

I agree with Marilyn that the Coral is a fantastic ship. We were on the 2 night sailing from SF to Vancouver last month. This happened to be our 25th cruise and our 9th with Princess. This is by far the nicest ship we have sailed on in the Princess fleet. I also love the ships that are just right around 2000 pax. The Crown, IMHO, is just too big with lines for everything and not enough room in the showrooms to seat even a third of the passengers. There were many activities set up in smaller lounges on the Crown that we missed as there were no seats available unless you held them an hour ahead of time.

On our particular sailing on the Coral, there were never any crowds and the ship is so easy to navigate. Because we were only on a 2 nighter, I think a lot of the activities had wound down (the ship originally set sail from Ft Lauderdale and when half the pax disembarked in SF, it allowed Princess to fill those rooms with new pax). I would have liked a little music at the pool area in back...but still had a great time.

The ship is very clean and we were able to book a mini on the Dolphin Deck for a song. It ended up being cheaper than a balcony on the Caribe so went for it...but can honestly say that the balcony rooms have more than enough room for 2. The differences I saw between the balconies on the Caribe (our friends booked a balcony on the Caribe) and the minis on the Dolphin: the seating area for the minis with the extra TV and the bathroom had a tub /shower combo. Other than that...the rooms were identical (from what I observed). I think the balconies on the Caribe might have been a bit deeper....both had enough room to seat six.

I have a sailing booked on the Star with Princess, but think I am going to change that to book one that is either on the Coral or the Island (the sister ship to the Coral) as I really did love that ship. The only one I would compare it to is the Celebrity Infinity.

We were on the Coral for our Panama cruise last year and we loved it. We were in Dolphin 715, a minisuite. It does have a bathtub. Also, the best place I found for viewing the canal transit was aft on Dolphin deck. We had an excellent view of the locks in operation and I got some fantastic pictures. It was just a few steps away from our cabin and you get the best view of the canal either at the stern or the bow. We were on the stern and hardly anyone was out there. It was a great cruise on a beautiful ship.

Archived