Toonjie's AOS Review

Almost! DW is 9.5 cm dialated and doing wonderfully, the midwives are bragging about how well she is doing! She'll start pushing any minute now!

First, congratulations. Second, how many wives would allow their husbands to be on the internet when they are almost ready to pop? :eek:

I can hear the conversation now "hang on honey, I'm almost done posting but CC is slow this morning":D !

Again, congratulations.

Hey Toonjie,

Congratulations!!!! Wishing you all nothing but the best!!!!!

Health and Happiness to all!! :D

Thanks!

Here are some initial pics. (I'll try to get some nice portraits soon)

IMG_7034.jpg

IMG_7031.jpg

IMG_7035.jpg

IMG_7037.jpg

IMG_7039.jpg

Thanks!

IMG_7037.jpg

IMG_7039.jpg

GREAT pics--everyone looks happy--I see he was barely in the first one--I did remove a few rather than have them reposting for each message--hope everyone has a great night & you get to bring him home over the weekend..

congratulations to you & your wife, much happiness and great health, your baby is beautiful!

Just wanted to say I loved your AOS reviews and the pictures are also breathtaking, makes me want to go sooner!

I held a room at Intercontinental for $255 but not i'm thinking I should switch to Marriott! have you been to intercontinental?

congratulations to you & your wife, much happiness and great health, your baby is beautiful!

Just wanted to say I loved your AOS reviews and the pictures are also breathtaking, makes me want to go sooner!

I held a room at Intercontinental for $255 but not i'm thinking I should switch to Marriott! have you been to intercontinental?

Thanks so much! I haven't stayed there, but I quickly checked out the outside and the pool area is fantastic. Our IT guy at work stayed there and loved it. From what I've read, I'd rank the Priceline resorts: 1. Marriott 2. Intercontinental 3. El San Juan 4. Caribe Hilton 5. Condado Plaza

The intercontinental is also on Isla Verde Beach, which is arguably the best in San Juan.

• 2 weeks later...

i've been doing some research on the different ports of call and i would love any feedback you have to offer...

Barbados- catamaran and sea turtles

st. lucia- Reduit Beach (beach that the sandals resort is on)

Antigua- Dickinson Bay, Jumby bay, Half moon bay, or Runaway Bay???

st. Maarten- been there the past 2 years did orient beach and dawn beach...planning to go to anguilla (or st. barts)- what made you pick shoal bay? it seems to be far from the ferry dock. did you compare it with maundys bay and rendezvous bay?

st. croix- sandy point, cane bay, or davis bay?

obviously i'm a beach bum!!! and just some background info...my favorite beach in the world (that i've been to so far) is trunk bay, st. john!!! im all about picture perfect!!

Toonjie, What did you think about Chris Sawyer’s Dive Shop?

Thanks,

Kerry

I really like them! I have been diving with them on cruises since 1995 and have never had a bad experience. They cater to the cruiser out of their Red Hook shop by having a 9:00am departure time. Their boats are not over-crowded and the divemasters and captains I've had have all been extremely friendly and helpful. From their Red Hook shop, Chris Sawyer usually does a lot of the sights off St. Johns, especially since they handle the diving for Caneel Bay Resort, (so you know they are good!) So, I highly recommend them. Let me know if you have any other questions.

First, congratulations. Second, how many wives would allow their husbands to be on the internet when they are almost ready to pop? :eek:

I can hear the conversation now "hang on honey, I'm almost done posting but CC is slow this morning":D !

Again, congratulations.

Just wanted to let you know that your post cracked up my wife now that she is recovered! She didn't realize how much time I had while she was in a meditative state in the shower.

i've been doing some research on the different ports of call and i would love any feedback you have to offer...

Barbados- catamaran and sea turtles

st. lucia- Reduit Beach (beach that the sandals resort is on)

Antigua- Dickinson Bay, Jumby bay, Half moon bay, or Runaway Bay???

st. Maarten- been there the past 2 years did orient beach and dawn beach...planning to go to anguilla (or st. barts)- what made you pick shoal bay? it seems to be far from the ferry dock. did you compare it with maundys bay and rendezvous bay?

st. croix- sandy point, cane bay, or davis bay?

obviously i'm a beach bum!!! and just some background info...my favorite beach in the world (that i've been to so far) is trunk bay, st. john!!! im all about picture perfect!!

Ugh!!! Sorry it's taken so long to get a reply, I answered this the other day and it went poof in cyberspace! So here goes again:

1. Barbados: I haven't done that tour, is it a ship's of private tour? I would ask on the Barbados board and see if anyone has done it. There are some very helpful Bajans on the board, like Applemac, that can tell you anything you want about the various beaches. If you really like beaches, then I would definitely try Crane's Beach, it is supposed to be one of the top 10 in the world and that is the one in my report that we didn't have time to get to. Also Accra Beach is really nice, that's where we went the year before.

2. St Lucia: This question I can help you with the most since DW and I spent a week at Reduit Beach on a land-based vacation. Reduit is a very nice beach, really gorgeous, but I wouldn't go there on a cruise unless you have seen St. Lucia extensively. The reason why is the drive north from Castries to Reduit is not as scenic as heading south and hitting one of the beaches there. If you want something more uniquely St. Lucian, you can hit one of the black-sand beaches to the south or hit Jalousie Plantation Resort, like we did, that way you have some great sightseeing on the way to the beach. Do you like to snorkel? There is no snorkeling at Reduit so a lot of the decision depends on what you like to do at the beach.

3. Antigua: All those beaches are great, I guess Jumby Bay would be the best, but the question is, do you want to spend the money to go by boat to a private island? Since you are going to Anguilla, which is even nicer, I would just go with one of your other choices besides Jumby. Base which one you go to on what you want to do or a restaurant you want to try, they are all beautiful beaches.

4. St. Maarten: Do not go to St. Barts, see that part of my review where the "drop top chicks" did it and it took a lot longer to get there than advertised. We chose Shoal Bay Beach because it consistently got the top marks as the best beach on the island and the taxi driver we had and everyone we talked to said the same thing. I was very tempted to do Maundy because of seeing Cap Juluca, one of the best resorts in the world, but I knew food and drinks would be a lot more expensive there. Uncle Ernies was really the thing that convinced me to go with Shoal Bay, $2 Pina Coladas and fairly cheap good food balanced out the extra expense of going over for the day.

5. St. Croix: I haven't been since I was a kid (4 or so) when my mom worked for the Peace Corps and we stayed there for 3 weeks. I'm glad to see the ships are heading back and hopefully the infrastructure will be there to handle it and problems with crime will be over. I would just hit the that board once the AOS starts going and see what the feedback is.

Well, hope this helps, let me know any more questions.

• 1 month later...

Toonjie-- Thank you for your wonderful review and congratulations on your beautiful baby! :)

I tried to private message you, but it says the administrator has disabled private messaging! I was hoping to get the menus from you if that's possible...let me know and I will share my e-mail.

I see we're cruising at the same time in December! I was wondering what your thoughts are for our formal nights since it is over New Year's....do you think they'll make the formal night Wednesday instead of Tuesday? My main question is with this holiday, when is the best time going to be to try Portofinos, if you have any opinion. My parents are reluctant to try it, so I know they won't miss a formal night since they enjoy the dining room so much...I'm hoping to find an off-night to get them to go.

I'm sure you have your hands full, but let me know your thoughts when you get a chance!

Archived