whale watching in icy strait point

jmezmom

I highly recommend them. Good, local people with lots of experience. Only 6 pax on board so you get a more intimate experience. I did 2 tours with them yesterday, had a great time, and saw things the cruise ship tour didn't.

Hi Patrick...you must be posting LIVE from your cruise ship! Awesome man...I'm jealous! But we had our day a couple of weeks ago with FISHES so I'm not complaining toooo much! Our excursion was not quite as nice as the time we had with you last year since Floyd stayed close to the inland. He said it was too early in the season to go to Point Adolphus. We saw fewer and smaller whales but a lot of breaching from one in particular. Eagles were everywhere! Weather was a constant drizzle which made picture taking a challenge. In the end, our group of 6 was well pleased, in spite of the sub par weather. Tell me more from your "not one" but TWO excursions! :rolleyes:

Trudy

We sailed with F.I.S.H.E.S. last Aug. - Floyd was great! Kept following a pod of Humpbacks as they were "bubble feeding". We had a whale surface right NEXT to the boat as another one slightly bumped us going under it. He also has a hydrophone under the water so you can hear the whales singing. AWESOME sound!! If you are taking the morning cruise and you like fresh crab, ask Floyd if he could drop you off at the pier in town instead of going back to the marina and go to "The Office" bar for FRESH cooked Dungeness crab. They drop it into a pot of boiling water right outside and cook it only when ordered; you get a choice of homade potato salad or seafood chowder with it. DH and I each ordered crab and one potato salad and one chowder which we shared. YUMMMM!!:D

Then you can take the leisurely walk back to the old cannery where you came ashore from the ship. Pretty walk!

Hi Patrick...you must be posting LIVE from your cruise ship! Awesome man...I'm jealous! But we had our day a couple of weeks ago with FISHES so I'm not complaining toooo much! Our excursion was not quite as nice as the time we had with you last year since Floyd stayed close to the inland. He said it was too early in the season to go to Point Adolphus. We saw fewer and smaller whales but a lot of breaching from one in particular. Eagles were everywhere! Weather was a constant drizzle which made picture taking a challenge. In the end, our group of 6 was well pleased, in spite of the sub par weather. Tell me more from your "not one" but TWO excursions! :rolleyes:

Trudy

Hi Trudy - It's so nice to hear from you; thanks for posting. Hope you guys are doing well. I thought of you guys and Michele and last year's excursion when we went out with Floyd a few days ago. I will be sure to post more details soon. I'm wiped out from today's NW Fjords excursion in Seward...:D

Archived