if you have to chose the best cruise director from royalcaribbean who would it be

Just got back from the Freedom and I must say Richard Spacey is absolutely hilarious, multi talented, friendly and the best I have experienced in 40+ cruises. He has so much fun being a cruise director and making your voyage so memorable....he gets a huge mega vote from me, my husband and my 27 year old son & his girlfriend!!

If I had to give a 2nd place it would be Graham Seymour. SOmeone mentioned on this thread that he was annoying....never, he was polished and hilarious, never miss his early AM TV program....soooo funny!!

Just got off the Freedom of the Seas and, yes, loved Richard Spacey. But MY favorite, and my BF's fave as well, is absolutely, without question, Mike Szwajkowski of Adventure of the Seas. He's as energetic as Spacey, but seems more genuine. We absolutely loved him and are seriously considering booking next year (2010) on AOS to sail with him again. (Unfortunately, Captain Tommy has changed ships! Darn!)

THE BEST!

Don't know where Spacey is going now. He reported during the farewell show on FOS that he was leaving the ship. He didn't report if he was changing ships or leave RCI. It's a MYSTERY!

On our 3 Royal Caribbean cruises we've had Bobbi Brown twice and John Blair once. Bobbi was great, so he get my vote. John was a nationalist who really couldn't give two figs for anyone else, other than the Americans, onboard. Now, there's no-one more proud of their Nation than myself and I don't for a minute think there is anything wrong with being a nationalist but in his position he alienated almost every other nationality on the ship. It was commented on a few times during the course of the cruise and not only by non-American guests.

Another vote for Dan Whitney from the Grandeur of the Seas. Keeps you entertained, laughing and informed. He does not seem to take himself too seriously and always likes to stop and talk to the passengers.

I'll also vote for Dan - he was one of the best I've had on any line!

Karen Mayberry?? Is she still around? I thought she was absolutely horrible when she was on Jewel...

She was on the Jewel again for last Fall's repositioning cruise out of Boston and most everyone seemed to enjoy her work, her outgoing personality and professionalism. Everyone's taste is different and I doubt that there is any cruise director out there (with perhaps some very rare exceptions) that has unanimous approval from the cruising audience, but we have never been disappointed in learning that Karen would be our CD.:)

Just got back from the Freedom and I must say Richard Spacey is absolutely hilarious, multi talented, friendly and the best I have experienced in 40+ cruises. He has so much fun being a cruise director and making your voyage so memorable....he gets a huge mega vote from me, my husband and my 27 year old son & his girlfriend!!

If I had to give a 2nd place it would be Graham Seymour. SOmeone mentioned on this thread that he was annoying....never, he was polished and hilarious, never miss his early AM TV program....soooo funny!!

We went on our 1st cruise in 2006(RCI Navigator of the Seas). Our CD was Graham Seymour, he was superb! Extremely funny, approachable and a superb host. When we bought his DVD he had a photo with the kids and also remarked that i looked like his DAD!! Being our 1st cruise we didn't know what to expect but glad we chose RCI and had Graham as our Cruise Director.

I've seen some of the comments from the other forum users and get the impression he's well liked across the board. To those of you that didn't like him I can understand where your coming from as he can be an aquired taste with his mad sense of humour.

If your out there Graham, thanks for the brilliant entertainment and if your wondering i do still look like your Dad but my wife thinks i look more like you!!:D

I have to throw a shout out for Kirk Detweiller. He made our cruise on the Radiance last year. This guy never rests!

A close second would be Ken Rush.

I guess we missed something sailing with Ricky Mathews for 16 days...he wasn't involved with many activities during our 4 cruises. Just didn't trip our trigger.

After 11 cruises my vote for the best CD is any one who could keep the annoying Bingo/ Shopping Excursions/ Art(?) Auctions/ Belly Flop Contest/ etc. announcements to the bare minimum and could find some new and original routines. Heard some of the same jokes on different ships by different CDs.