if you have to chose the best cruise director from royalcaribbean who would it be

Just FYI - Chris Northey was the cruise director on Monarch for our cruise that started 7/14/08. He had been on Monarch for about 2 months at that point, but was leaving Monarch on 7/18/08. I don't know who replaced him on Monarch.

BIG DADDY AKA JOHANNY O IS ON KNOW HE EMAIL LAST WEEK CHRIS IS ON VACATION

Just FYI - Chris Northey was the cruise director on Monarch for our cruise that started 7/14/08. He had been on Monarch for about 2 months at that point, but was leaving Monarch on 7/18/08. I don't know who replaced him on Monarch.

Yes, Chris Northey is not the CD on Sovereign right now - Casey Pelter is. Does anyone know where Casey is going after Sovereign gets sent to Spain?

I have sailed with James Andrews twice (Freedom and Liberty). He was a delight. Very funny, quick witted, and he has a great Australian accent! Clo was our CD on the Jewel in March. She was also enjoyable. I was looking forward to Richard Spacey, but I guess he is going on vacation and Ken Rush will be the CD on our Freedom cruise in 2 weeks (though I have read good things about him as well!) Overall, I would vote for James Andrews. Clo is no longer a CD with RCI I guess - according to the RCI Productions site. The only 2 female cruise directors are Carly Boileau and Karen Maybury. You can find a list of CD's (although they do not include which ship they are on) by visiting the productions site (http://www.royalcaribbeanproductions.com/). From there, select "TEAM" from the menu bar at the top. There is a drop down box in which you can choose to only view the CD's.

I am not sure that website is the ultimate source of information concerning CDs on Royal Caribbean, especially if it indicates that Carly Boileau and Karen Mayberry are the only female CDs in the company. They neglected to include Mercedes LaFuentes who was the CD onboard the Legend of the Seas sailings out of Santo Domingo last winter. My recollection is that Clo O'Connor, after taking a lengthy maternity leave was back on the Jewel of the Seas while Bobby Brown was on vacation. Someone else has now taken Bobby's place (he and Clo are among my favorite CDs), but Clo may still be filling in on other ships from time to time. Someone else may know the details.

I am not sure that website is the ultimate source of information concerning CDs on Royal Caribbean, especially if it indicates that Carly Boileau and Karen Mayberry are the only female CDs in the company. They neglected to include Mercedes LaFuentes who was the CD onboard the Legend of the Seas sailings out of Santo Domingo last winter. My recollection is that Clo O'Connor, after taking a lengthy maternity leave was back on the Jewel of the Seas while Bobby Brown was on vacation. Someone else has now taken Bobby's place (he and Clo are among my favorite CDs), but Clo may still be filling in on other ships from time to time. Someone else may know the details.

CLO O CONNOR WILL ON THE BRIILLIANCE OF THE SEA ENDING OF SEP

That's good to know! When I came across the site, I did not know that all the CD's were not listed and I was disappointed to see that several of them who have wonderful reviews were not there! Thanks for the clarification. I'm happy to hear that Clo has or will be returning!

Our vote goes to Clo O'Connor.

Might not be a large vote in the overall scale of things as this was our first cruise, Jewel Baltics Aug. 2007. But it was special as it celebrated our 30th anniversary. We don't usually do this sort of holiday, usually hiring a country cottage and making our own vacation. We don't want someone imposing themselves on our holiday enjoyment. This was just what Clo was about. If you wanted to be close to your CD she made herself available and friendly which was very visable. If not she still took time to acknowledge you as individuals. At the Captains welcome party she could see we were nervous and took time to make us welcome and commented on our formal wear and how we had taken time to make ourselves fit in.

A very classy dresser herself on every public occassion

She is a natural performer with a great comic timing and added value to the evenings entertainment. Always about and friendly during the cruise.

If, when we cruise again then Hi Clo for us

Honestly, I don't think I've ever had a bad CD on RCI. But for me it's a toss up between Marc Walker and Dennis Sciortino.

Oh Marc Walker - I thought he was so darn cute - I just looked at the RCCL Productions website when I got home and was happy to see he was still with RCCL!!! I also loved James Andrews on my Liberty cruise last week - he was a lot of fun!

Adventure of the Seas

Peter Benfield (5/2008)

Brilliance of the Seas

Bill Brunkhorst (Confirmed 4-14-08)

Empress Of the Seas

OUT OF FLEET

Enchantment of the Seas

Marc Walker (Confirmed 5/12/2008)

Explorer of the Seas

Mike Hunnerup (As of 4/11/2008)

Freedom of the Seas

Richard Spacey (3/30/2008)

Grandeur of the Seas

Simon Baker (still on as of 5/1/08)

Independence of the Seas

Graham Seymour( confirmed 5/31/2008 )

Jewel of the Seas

Bobby Brown (Starting 4/15/08)

Bobby to move to Legend Fall 08 (Per Bobby Brown)

Legend of the Seas

Mercedes LaFuente (Confirmed 2/2008)

Liberty of the Seas

Allan Brooks (updated 4/28/2008)

Majesty of the Seas

Jimmy Rhodes (Confirmed 4/4/2008)

Mariner of the Seas

Drew Devine (Confirmed 3/2008)

Monarch of the Seas

dennis sciortino (updated 5 /2008))

Navigator Of The Seas

Kieron Buffery (STARTING 4/4/2008)

Radiance of the Seas

Kirk Detweiler (Confirmed 3/23)

Rhapsody of the Seas

Keith Williams (As of 5/23/2008)

Serenade of the Seas

Carly Boileau (confirmed Dec 1, 2007)

Sovereign of the Seas

Chris Northey (Confirmed 4/14/08)

Splendour of the Seas

Jill Tasker (confirmed 4/2008)

Vision of the Seas

John Blair (Confirmed 3/23/2008)

Voyager of the Seas

Leo Papa (Starting 4/6/2008

As of last week - James Andrews was on Liberty.... :)

Matt Baker followed closely by Becky Thompson.

Matt is with NCL now but started with RCCL. He is so talented and plays great jazzy harmonica. He is the very best "entertainer" CD we have ever had.

Have not had Richard Spacey (in 25 cruises) but can't wait until I do. I have seen videos of him on YouTube and he looks like he is as much fun as Matt Baker.

It's hard to narrow it to one. We've loved Carly Boileau and Marc Walker. Graham Seymour and Ken Rush would be the next step down. The only one we didn't care for was Dennis Sciortino, who seemed to think that louder is happier. I don't love it when the cruise director is berating the crowd for not being up-beat enough.

Richard Spacey gets my vote.

Years ago there was one better IMO his name was Jeff Avery. He is no longer with RCL or any other cruise line but he will always be the one I compare all others too.

Do you mean Jeff Arpin? We had him on Explorer, and agree that he's one of the very best! He used to post on CC under the screen name jaypa. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/member.php?u=186837 and here's his website: http://www.countryclubcruises.net/