Questions about currency on the ship and on the Islands?

Let's Get Away

I changed some USD for the tahitian currency so I had change to get on the bus Sunday Morning to go to the market in Papeete. (We had arrived saturday evening). We also had coffee and a croissant across the Harbor looking at the Star Flyer and knowing that we were going to get on it later....

We used our Tahitian money for little things....just have some, not much.

Have a wonderful sailing.

Thanks for the info Sophie! A couple of questions.....was it easy to catch Le Truck early on Sunday & what time & hotel. I want to go in and get some flowers at Le Marche as we are arriving on a Sat. night also & staying at the Sofitel. Also, what time did they let you board on Sunday?

Thanks

Mike

I changed my USD at the hotel, Just enough to take the Truck to town.

You pick it up across the hotel (Sofitel), cross the road and at the cirlcle yoy will see the sign. Get to town early. The market closes at 9AM.

You may board after 4PM.

I wish I could be there again. Have a wonderful sailing.

Sophie

Thanks Sophie! Last trip we didn't exchange much money either...seemed just about everyone took Dollars & we actually got better return than the posted exchange. Beware of the ATM's in town. Everyone we talked to, including us got shortchanged.

One final question....maybe:D Have been trying to rent a car for Huahine & everyone online seems to be booked. Were there any rentals around the pier that you noticed? Have been able to reserve for Papeete & Moorea, but no luck there.

Thanks again!

Mike

Archived