PG post-cruise options (for a flight back to Japan)

Greetings from Osaka, Japan. My husband and I have only cruised on Japanese ships so our Sept. 20 PG cruise will be our first that starts away from home. We had trouble finding information on the cruise until we found CC which is simply amazing. CC has made us even more excited about the cruise and we can hardly wait for September.

There is something we'd like you to help us with and it is about post-cruise options. On the disembarkation day (Sept. 28, Sunday), we will take a midnight plane back to Tokyo and we are wondering what is the best way to spend time till then. Going home for us means going back to work and we don't want to be too exhausted then.

The Regent site says that information on tour and transfer options is given during the cruise, but we want to know before then so that we can make plans. Maybe we should make a hotel reservation for a day use. I read on CC that there is a tour going to Paul Gauguin Museum. We want to know what other tour and transfer options are. Won't you help us?

Hi from Canada, and hope you enjoy the Paul Gauguin.

If you are not booking your air through Regent, you don't get the pre-flight package included on disembarkation day. But I believe you can purchase it. I believe I've read that on this board. It includes lunch on the ship, an optional bus tour of Tahiti (including the museum), then transfer to a day-room at the Radisson until about 6 p.m. Optionally you can just go straight to the hotel without the tour, and lie around the (very nice) pool or walk on the beach.

Talk to you travel agent about how to book this, not sure if you can do it on board, since it involves the hotel room which you might have to arrange in advance.

Thank you, Scb, for correcting me. Yes, we are getting off the ship on 27th, and then taking the 1:30 plane (on 28th) back home.

Our travel agent has booked the cruise and flights for us separately since Regent does not offer air-included package from Japan. And that's about all the TA can do for us. So we are on our own looking for info and arranging things, but it can be fun and we learn in the process.

Wendy the Wanderer, thank you for your message. Lying around a nice pool and walking on the beach is a splendid way to end our vacation. We will book a post-cruise stay at Raddison and also try and find a way to lengthen our stay there for another few hours.

I have hoped for a Tahitian cruise on PG for years. I can harly believe it's happening soon.

You'll have a great time I'm sure, it's an amazing place.

Perhaps you can phone Regent direct and find out about booking that disembarkation package. Or perhaps someone here will chime in and explain how to do so, or that it's available for booking after you board.

I will contact Regent direct.

It was at this CC that I also learned that one can request shore excursions online. I got my reservation ID by asking Regent by mail and they were most helpful. (How my travel agent could not provide me with it while they did make the reservation, remains a mystery. I've found that it is not easy planning foreign trips using Japanese agents unless the trip is to a very poplular destionation. )

Wendy the Wanderer, I enjoy reading your posts on this board. Istanbul viewed from the Bosphorus is my favorite sight of all.

Archived