A question about checking in

Megedy

This is one of those weird logistics questions that I can't find an answer for on the RCCL website. Can anyone help me with this?

On our upcoming cruise, I will be sharing a room with my mother, a niece and a nephew (cozy!). My sister (their mother) will be in another room with her husband and their other two kids. When we go to check in at the port, would the kids staying with us need to check in with us and would we therefore need to have their documentation? Or would the kids check in with their parents even though they will be in a different room?

It all depends on the booking numbers. If the kids are on your booking number, and therefore you'll have their tickets, they check in with you. But if their booking number is the same as their parents, they will need to check in with them. But, you can avoid all that and just check in together. The main problem will be how they handle the sign and sail cards. But I still think checking in all together will be the best idea.

This is one of those weird logistics questions that I can't find an answer for on the RCCL website. Can anyone help me with this?

On our upcoming cruise, I will be sharing a room with my mother, a niece and a nephew (cozy!). My sister (their mother) will be in another room with her husband and their other two kids. When we go to check in at the port, would the kids staying with us need to check in with us and would we therefore need to have their documentation? Or would the kids check in with their parents even though they will be in a different room?

We are sailing RCCL very soon and kind of have the same issues as you where me, DH and 1 DD are under one reservation # and my other DD is in another room under a different reservation #. I just completed my on-line check in and this was my experience. You select a credit card that will be used for your on board expenses. You then select everyone who will be associated to that credit card, so you can pull up another persons name that is under another reservation #. So after completing the check-in for my family (me, DH and 2 DD's) I was ready to print our Set Sail Pass. On the Set Sail Pass it lists all of our names, plus has 2 different signature lines (one for me and one for DH).

Therefore, your niece and nephew should be checking in w/their parents since they are the ones to sign for them.

Hopefully this helps and answers your question.

This was a great question, and one that I was just wondering about myself. We are getting close to our family cruise in August, and I was wondering the same thing. My grand-daughter will be in the room with me and my DH. My DS, DIL, and grandson will be in the adjoining room.

I was figuring on checking in my grand-daughter when I checked in, just wasn't sure about there being a problem since I am not her parent or her guardian. She'll have her passport, and her parents will be with us - so I am guessing we will not have a problem....

I'll be sure to add this tidbit when I port my review as it may help someone on a future cruise.

Archived