Navigator Question

We were on the Navigator in 2007 and are considering a cruise in early 2009. Has anyone sailed on her recently and can let me know how the carpeting and other soft goods are looking? The Voyager and Mariner are scheduled for dry dock -- I haven't heard about anything on the books for the Navigator.

The Navigator gets really mixed reviews -- we happen to enjoy the intimacy -- even the vibration (if it occurs) doesn't bother us. All of the little issues she has had in the past year are not a concern -- just don't want to book a cruise right before a dry dock.

Thanks.;)

Travelcat 2

We have a group of us going on the March 11th cruise.

Would you be looking at that one??

Heard reports that the ship is in very good shape.

Sure hope so when we go.

We were on Navigator in late November, and it was going into drydock the next week. The hotel director said they were going to be doing some extensive work at that point, but the soft goods were good even then.

I know the boutiques lost their contract at the first of the year, and I think I've heard a couple of complaints about what the new people are stocking (pricewise) but by early next year that could all change again.

We are booked on that March 11 cruise that JimB is on, can you come along?

I was on that ship about a month ago - and it looked good to me. It was the best cruise for me (of 40 or so others). I have booked another cruise on the Navigator next year - in the same suite. I liked it that much. (Nothing is perfect, but this was close.) Back to your question - the ship looks very new. I know it is not new - so they must take good care of her.

Thanks so much for the information. We just booked the February 23rd cruise (the one in March sounds great -- but, it's a birthday cruise so it has to be done in February;) ).

We're so glad to hear that the ship is as beautiful as the last time we sailed. There is just something about the Navigator . . . just love it!

:D Travelcat

Archived