Carnival Spirit/Exotic Mexan Riviera excursions

Hi all,

We just booked a cruise, for my DH, myself, and DD and DS, and we will be heading out on the Spirit on March 2, 09 to Acapulco, Ixtapa, and Manzanilla. Any suggestions on excursions? We were thinking of going on the Dolphin excursion, but besides that any suggestions would really help. My DD and DS will be 8 and 10.

Thanks so much!

We are going in January....We still dont have any plans yet..I just looked at the Carnival site and it looks like they made alot of changes to the excursions .....i will probably figure it out and look again in the next few months...

We spent the day on the Ixtapa stop at La perla Restaurant at Playa La Ropa beach. The water was great. I stayed in all day. They serve food, drinks and cigars. This is in Zihuatanejo. It is truly the most beautiful place. In Manzanillo we took the tour to the ruins. It was very interesting, but a very long day. Bus ride nearly did my poor DH in. Acapulco was the scariest port as the children will run and jump on the van or car you are in to get you to purchase things from them. They ripped my friend off for $200.00 because she forgot to close her purse. We got a van outside the dock area and he stayed with us all day. It was during football playoffs, so we basically bar hopped our way across acapulco. Next time I would do a shore excursion or not get off the ship. Very scary port if you aren't with a group.

Candi

We did the cliff divers in Acapulco. We went at night, and it was very nice.

My sister went horseback riding in Zihuantenajo. She said it was very nice, but she is at a higher level than the tourist horses. :rolleyes:

That's all I can help you with

I was sick (not noro), and DH played golf. :)

Pat

.... Acapulco was the scariest port as the children will run and jump on the van or car you are in to get you to purchase things from them. They ripped my friend off for $200.00 because she forgot to close her purse. We got a van outside the dock area and he stayed with us all day. It was during football playoffs, so we basically bar hopped our way across acapulco. Next time I would do a shore excursion or not get off the ship. Very scary port if you aren't with a group.

Candi

we didnt like acapulco either. met up with friends who were already there and had a car. got pulled over and forced to stop in the middle of the lane on a one lane in each direction hillside road, the one just opposite the cliff divers. had to pay cash to get our licenses back. after we were on our way we went to the restaurant that provides the great views of the cliff diving and were ripped off by the staff there charging us for 5 more drinks the we ordered or received. Then we tried a flea market type place were we found ever the haggled prices much more then the little mall place at the dock. at that point we decided just to return to the ship. we had a blast doing the water slide all by ourselves. i don't know that i would care to get off the ship in acapulco ever should a future itinerary land us there.

take if for what its wort, its just one guys opinion. ymmv

overall didn't care much for any of the ports but loved the ship, the people on the ship and our time spent there (the ship).

Archived