Princess Transatlantic

glf2710

Afternoon chaps!

I'm interested in the transatlantic crossing on the crown Princess in September 09 which leaves southampton and sails to NYC.

The price is pretty amazing and for 18 nights I am seriously tempted. However, someone has told me that a transatlantic crossing is a really bad idea and the sea is likely to be really rough (at any time of year!).

My view is that these cruises just wouldn't happen if that is the case - has anyone any experience or views?

Many thanks:)

Afternoon chaps!

I'm interested in the transatlantic crossing on the crown Princess in September 09 which leaves southampton and sails to NYC.

The price is pretty amazing and for 18 nights I am seriously tempted. However, someone has told me that a transatlantic crossing is a really bad idea and the sea is likely to be really rough (at any time of year!).

My view is that these cruises just wouldn't happen if that is the case - has anyone any experience or views?

Many thanks:)

I'll let you know. We're on the September crossing on the Crown this year.

Pia

P.S. We've done this twice before. Weather has been OK for us both times. Hope we're three times lucky

We've taken several trans-Atlantics, both eastbound and westbound.

We have had smooth seas, and have had rough seas.

There are no guarantees when it comes to weather and sea state.

I did the TA on the Grand Princess last Sept and it was a fantastic cruise. Stops were in Norway, Iceland and Greenland and all were great. We had many rough days including several extremely rough days after leaving Greenland. (30-40 foot seas, 80+ winds) For one day we basically held position with the bow into the waves as it was too rough to do anything else. Missed a port day at the end but this was still a great adventure and my favorite cruise

We are booked on the 2009 September cruise on the Crowne and I am really looking forward to it. We have done 2 previous TAs from Italy to Fort Lauderdale and had a few rough days the first time and only one rough day the second time. We love cruising across the ocean and seeing all the different ports. We have a thread going already on the roll call for this cruise. Check us out and hope to see you join up!

We did a TA from Miami to Rome this April and the water was so smooth, it was like glass. In fact, the sea was rougher when we got to the Med.

Having said that, the Northern TA crossing through in Autumn through Iceland and Greenland can be a bit rough when I did ti several years ago. We had to cancel Greenland. Having said that, it still didn't affect my trip. Will do it again in a heartbeat.

Archived