Riviera Deck Suites on the Crown, Caribbean or Emerald

Miramar

We were looking at booking one of the PH suites on either the Crown, Caribbean or Emerald on the Riviera deck, but I had read in the past that people complained of noise from the Lido deck above. These suites (R401-R417) are directly under the Neptune Reef pool and a part of the Calypso pool. For people who have had suites (or even other balcony cabins) in this area-- was the noise of chairs scraping above the only noise you heard? Or did you also hear noise such as MUTS, people laughing/talking loudly etc from above? Approx what time at night did the noise stop-- if at all?

Thanks

A CC family from our caribbean cruise last summer was upgraded to Riveria 411. It was a lovely suite (they had our CC roll call members for tea one afternoon). They said the noise from the scraping of deck chairs as well as the walking was terrible. Someone gave them some earplugs and they ended up talking to the staff who roped off an area after midnight or something.

We were looking at booking one of the PH suites on either the Crown, Caribbean or Emerald on the Riviera deck, but I had read in the past that people complained of noise from the Lido deck above. These suites (R401-R417) are directly under the Neptune Reef pool and a part of the Calypso pool. For people who have had suites (or even other balcony cabins) in this area-- was the noise of chairs scraping above the only noise you heard? Or did you also hear noise such as MUTS, people laughing/talking loudly etc from above? Approx what time at night did the noise stop-- if at all?

Thanks

Try for an aft suite instead. :)

I have to admit that in the early morning I was disturbed by the chairs scraping, and in the evening, by children running along the deck above. So this year, when we are on CB again, I have booked a cabin on Aloha deck and asked NOT to be upgraded.

We were on the 3/21 cruise on the Crown in R411. Loved the suite, spacious and right across from the entrance to elevators. Yes, we did hear scraping of chairs on occasion and folks walking sometimes. It really was not that bad and we were on the spring break cruise over Easter--there were a lot of kids on this cruise. Did not notice kids running above and also did not notice noise after midnight. Early morning you did hear chairs being moved as they were cleaning the deck above. Did not notice noise in the cabin only when on the balcony, would choose this cabin again and loved the Crown. You will have probably notice a lot more ship motion in an aft cabin.:)

Yes, an aft cabin is really not a viable option for us. We prefer to be midship, as we feel less motion. Also, none of us care for the view or sound of the wake off the back of the ship. Just trying to figure out if the Riviera deck will have chair or people noise from above most of the day and night-- we may be better off booking 2 cabins on a different deck if that is the case. Thx

We were on the Star a few years ago, no Riviera deck but we had a balcony room under the pool area. It wasnt bad at night, but every morning at 4 or 5 you could hear the deck crew moving stuff around.

We were on the 3/21/08 Crown sailing as well. We were in R410 which is on the port side. Never had any problems with noise from above while inside the room at all! It was our honeymoon cruise so you can imagine how upset I was when I read all the warnings about the pool, chairs scraping, music, people walking, etc. I was surprised that it was actually very quiet. The only time we heard any noise was when we were out on the balcony. Then, and only then, could we hear people walking around and maybe an occasional chair being moved. It wasn't unpleasant in the least bit. I would recommend this suite to anyone. It was spacious, quiet and in the perfect location midship. You're right across from both the elevators and stairs. And it is only one flight of steps up to the pools, bars, buffet and pizza!

Yes, an aft cabin is really not a viable option for us. We prefer to be midship, as we feel less motion. Also, none of us care for the view or sound of the wake off the back of the ship. Just trying to figure out if the Riviera deck will have chair or people noise from above most of the day and night-- we may be better off booking 2 cabins on a different deck if that is the case. Thx

Then get one in the 500-700 range. ;)

I don't think these particular ships have suites in the 500 range-- it seems it's either midship Riviera 400s or on the extreme aft overlooking the wake-- or a few very far forward. If there was an option for booking a suite in the 500 range we'd take it.

I don't think these particular ships have suites in the 500 range-- it seems it's either midship Riviera 400s or on the extreme aft overlooking the wake-- or a few very far forward. If there was an option for booking a suite in the 500 range we'd take it.

I forgot you were looking for a suite, IMHO I after reading all the issues about the noise I would not book one and I for sure would not book a forward one due to wind issues. I guess that pretty much narrows you down to the 400's on Riviera deck then. Good luck. :)

We were on the CB in R415. Beautiful room and we were upgraded here from a mini-suite. I should have kept my very sort after mini-suite as in the three days we were on this cruise (it was one of the short ones replacing the dry dock time for the CB) we slept about 5 hours due to the noise, both chairs and tables scraping, children running & people just walking and the crew rearranging the deck chairs/tables in the early morning. Forget about trying to get a nap in - it just is too noisy. We tend to go to bed after midnight and get up by 7 AM and still felt it was too noisy during those hours.

Good luck with whatever you choose but if I had paid for this suite I would have been furious and written a letter to Princess. What were they thinking of putting these under this deck, very poor planning on Princess' part.

Archived