Benefits of Buckets

TERMITEJR

Yeah, you don't have to keep getting up to buy more or wait for someone to come along to take your order.

I think it may be a little cheaper but for me, who cares. I never really did a comparison but figure I will buy them anyway so I might as well get 4 at one time. :)

Don't really know that they were a whole lot cheaper but that's the route we always went. We also carry a small baggie of rock salt and sprinkle over the ice. Keeps them nice an cold till you're ready for them. Which isn't long but in that kare a bee in heat them babies can get warm fast. Ughh

They had them on the Valor a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember the exact cost each way but we were buying the 16 oz. Miller Lites in the bucket and they came out to around 35 cents cheaper per beer with the bucket. We do it mainly for convenience.

Don't really know that they were a whole lot cheaper but that's the route we always went. We also carry a small baggie of rock salt and sprinkle over the ice. Keeps them nice an cold till you're ready for them. Which isn't long but in that kare a bee in heat them babies can get warm fast. Ughh

With my luck I would be the one pulled aside with the baggie full of little white rocks, lol. Trust me sir (security) its only salt to help keep my beers cold ;) Good tip though, I never though of that.

I hope they still have the buckets, I enjoyed them but agree the ice melts fast on the lido deck :)

Buckets of beer is gone.

At least that was what I was hearing everyone complaining about on the Liberty and Triumph. I don't drink it/

Probably someones better (or bitter) half trying to save some $$ :D

We aren't talking about beer, we are talking about buckets. ;)

Oh...ok....the benefits of said buckets...got'cha...carry on.:cool: :p

I thought talk of beer was strictly verboten here at CC central.

Buckets are perfectly acceptable as a topic of discussion. Otherwise, this thread would have gone poof quite a while ago.:D :D

but remember the buck...buck-fifty you are saving by buying a bucket you will spend on a tip if you order it through room service......but I still do it because nothing like a cold beer being kept in your cabin.......the room steward will keep ice in it for you also...............

Not to worry, it is actually an inside joke amongst the beer thread regulars.

Sorta OT here Duckie...do you know if they have buckets big enough to hold a 7 litre (or is it 10?) bottle of Asbach Uralt?

Sorta OT here Duckie...do you know if they have buckets big enough to hold a 7 litre (or is it 10?) bottle of Asbach Uralt?

Prolly not, would that even fit into the mini-bar fridge? Guess you'll have to drink fast or share. :D

Prolly not, would that even fit into the mini-bar fridge? Guess you'll have to drink fast or share. :D

No Sir it would not. The bottle sitting on the floor comes to just above my knees and is about as big around as a large coffee can. It's a fine beverage that I was thinking about putting in a beer bucket.

Archived