Dinner Attire Questions

JessiMommy

[quote name='tbrown']My husband does not wear a tie PERIOD. ...

Now I don't agree with short shorts, tank tops, swimsuits. If you wouldn't wear it in a nice restaurant in you home town don't wear it on the ship.
[/QUOTE]
So basically you think dropping the standards to what you think it should be is acceptable, but dropping it any further is over the line.

The more formal crowd feels the same way. It's just that what they think is acceptable on formal nights is what the cruise line itself says is acceptable for formal nights.

Along the same lines as my earlier post - I find humor in various people and this includes their manner of dress...

If someone comes in for formal night in a swimsuit - I would LOVE THAT... wow, what a character! It does not lessen my experience... we enjoy ourselves anyway... ("Maitre 'd, please show that man to the door" ... hey, that would be entertaining to watch also... hmmmmmmm)

So... people.... don't get so hung up on making everyone else stand in a perfectly straight line...lol... that would be boring:D (for my own amusement purposes only...;) )

... to quote an SNL skit... "Don't be a Stiffly Stifferson"...:cool: .... OK... who can name that madman...?

Tom

[quote name='Earthworm Jim']So basically you think dropping the standards to what you think it should be is acceptable, but dropping it any further is over the line.

The more formal crowd feels the same way. It's just that what they think is acceptable on formal nights is what the cruise line itself says is acceptable for formal nights.[/QUOTE]
Never said that they should be kicked out of the dining area. I just said that I didn't agree with it. Again just my opinion but as I have said before you are not to have those on these boards.

And I also didn't say that nobody else works for there money I am saying that when you pay my bills then tell me what I can and can not wear to dinner as long as it is descent.

Also to answer another post it isn't a weight issue on why my husband doesn't wear a tie and no I didn't push the issue on our wedding either he did wear a BOLO (I think someone was so kind enough to correct me on when I couldn't think of the right name)

As far as saying what we want and not being keeping our post here that I will agree with.

Give me wal-mart class over the snobs anyday. JUST MY OPINION

I went on my cruise for relaxation not to entertain the people sitting at out dinner table. Thank god they were laid back more then what I am reading on this board

All that anyone is asking here is that you show some RESPECT for your host, yourself and your fellow passengers by dressing as requested. :rolleyes: Most of us work, most of us pay for our own cruises. That doesn't mean you can throw your limitations and expectations to the wind when you get aboard ship. Sometimes you have to fall in line with what's right.

[quote name='dtredy2go']. AND no we won't go to the Lido deck for dinner because I don't want to miss the Lobster and Filet.[/QUOTE]
That is exactly how I put it to my husband who is the "Lobster-lover" & "Anti-Dresser" of the family. Choice 1...wear a suit and eat lobster or... Choice 2...no suit and eat buffet on formal nights. Altho, I like dressing up..it doesn't matter which we do. I just want him to be comfortable.
#5 cruise is coming up and he has never NOT wore a dark suit and tie. I do let him change after dinner which many "frown" on. But..baby steps!!!

[quote name='hstrybuf']All that anyone is asking here is that you show some RESPECT for your host, yourself and your fellow passengers by dressing as requested. :rolleyes: [/QUOTE]

I don't think people with the "I paid for it..You're not paying my bills" attitude have any respect for themselves. You need that first before you can show it to others.

[quote name='Flintstone']...wear a suit and eat lobster...[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't dare order lobster when wearing a suit. I can't eat lobster at all gracefully. I make a mess and then my suit would look worse than anybody else in the dining room, no matter how they were dressed.

I have to leave the lobster to the less clumbsy folks, at least until I am somewhere where I can eat it while wearing jeans and a t-shirt.:)

Thanks for reminding me, everyone!

Tomorrow I have to go to Walmart to get my new sweatpants and sweatshirts for [b]formal [/b]night. Don't worry, I'll wear a different color on each night with matching flip flops. DH will substitute his sweatshirts for Hooters t-shirts!

I hope we're at your table, don't you? If not, please drop by to say hello!

Can't wait! :eek:

[quote name='madelinerose']Thanks for reminding me, everyone!

Tomorrow I have to go to Walmart to get my new sweatpants and sweatshirts for [b]formal [/b]night. Don't worry, I'll wear a different color on each night with matching flip flops. DH will substitute his sweatshirts for Hooters t-shirts!

I hope we're at your table, don't you? If not, please drop by to say hello!

Can't wait! :eek:[/QUOTE]

We are LOAO!!!!

Chris and Melissa
Who are going to get matching sweats!

Archived