Going through customs on the Mariner in St. Thomas Question

We will be going from Port Canaveral to Coco Cay, then St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and then back to PC.

Will we have to do immigration in St. Thomas and then again when we get back to PC? (because St. Maarten is in between St. Thomas and Port Canaveral) or just the last stop of PC?

I'm sure this is all a very simple process but it seems a little confusing to those of us who haven't had to do immigration in the middle of a trip before:o

You will have to go through immigration in St. Thomas and immigration and customs when you get back to Port Canaveral.

We're going to Coco Cay first. So - is that considered the Bahamas, or is that considered Royal Caribbean property and, if so, does that make it USA? :confused:
Coco Cay is in the Bahamas, RCCl actually leases it but even if they owned it, it will still be in the Bahamas. You will have to go through immigration in St. Thomas.

We had no line when we did this, breezed right though.........but really thought it was a joke. They didn't even really look up just took our sailpass marked a smiley face on it and sent us on our way. We didn't have a shore tour scheduled so we waited till the rush to get off was done and then headed down.

Just for the record, it's actually Immigration, and listen for the announcements and read your Compass to be absolutely sure where to go. There will be two lines, as stated, but they could be in completely different areas than mentioned in previous posts. Once you go through Immigration, you don't have to get off the ship right away - you could go back to your cabin or wherever until your tour time. But I do suggest going earlier rather than later, if you have a tour booked at 11.

Have fun; St.Thomas is amazing. :)

And just for the record, no its not immigration. Its US Customs & Border Protection.

Thanks all, OK, got it, we're going through Border Protection in St. Thomas, and Customs and Border Protection in PC. Now all I need to find out is where and when we get cleared in St. Thomas and how that relates to our 9:15am excursion...:) ... cause I don't want to head somewhere at 7:30am unless I really really have to. :(

You won't know where until the night before - but since it's ALL passengers - it will almost 100% sure be dining room.

The ship knows everyone has to clear - if it's an RCCL excursion - you'll make it - they'll make sure of it.

Thanks all, OK, got it, we're going through Border Protection in St. Thomas, and Customs and Border Protection in PC. Now all I need to find out is where and when we get cleared in St. Thomas and how that relates to our 9:15am excursion...:) ... cause I don't want to head somewhere at 7:30am unless I really really have to. :(

If your previous port of call was a non-US port, they will inform you in advance as to when and where you will have to be to be cleared. Whenever and wherever that is, no one will be allowed off the ship until everyone has appeared. At some point you will hear them paging those who didn't believe that the requirement applied to them.:rolleyes:

Thanks for all the info. I'm sure we will be fine since it is an RCCL excursion, and I don't think that they would schedule it that early if it wasn't going to be do-able. I just hate that "rush/wait-on-line/rush" anxiety

You have to clear immigration because you are coming to a US Port after being in a foreign port....BUT.. it all depends on the order of your ports...IF you do not visit a foreign port first you won't have to clear immigration in St. Thomas....

Thanks for the info :);)

Archived