In a quandry

She-Ra!

Help! What should we do?

We are booked to go on Aurora in December on the Winter Wonderland cruise. This looks like a lovely itinerary taking in the Xmas markets in Hamburg, Copenhagen, etc. It's a good price, great itinerary, lovely ship and a fab pre-Christmas treat.

So our problem? We fell in love in April. Not with each other (that happened 25 years ago) LOL, but with Ventura. We were on the maiden and despite one or two minor niggles (to be expected on a maiden) we had the most wonderful time on this exceptional ship. The bars, the crew, the deck space, the cocktails, don't know where to begin really, all exceeded our expectations. And now we have a chance to switch to a Caribbean cruise on Ventura in December instead of the European cruise on Aurora.

We love both ships, quite fancy both itineraries. What would you do?

Amanda

I'd take the most cost effective one--Or--take 2 cruises!

Oh no! That's just too bloomin' logical :D !

They are both a good price, but do we want hot or cold in December, that's the question :confused: (Well one of them ;) )

Amanda

Well, personally, I'd make it even harder on myself by falling in love with a third ship and itinerary for the same timeframe. :D

Try to think of it this way -- you'll have a fabulous time either way, so whichever one you choose will be just right.

Caro

Well, personally, I'd make it even harder on myself by falling in love with a third ship and itinerary for the same timeframe. :D

Try to think of it this way -- you'll have a fabulous time either way, so whichever one you choose will be just right.

Caro

LOL! Thanks Caro, that puts it into perspective and made me smile ;)

Life can't be bad if that's all we have to worry about, eh?

Amanda

Help! What should we do?

We are booked to go on Aurora in December on the Winter Wonderland cruise. This looks like a lovely itinerary taking in the Xmas markets in Hamburg, Copenhagen, etc. It's a good price, great itinerary, lovely ship and a fab pre-Christmas treat.

So our problem? We fell in love in April. Not with each other (that happened 25 years ago) LOL, but with Ventura. We were on the maiden and despite one or two minor niggles (to be expected on a maiden) we had the most wonderful time on this exceptional ship. The bars, the crew, the deck space, the cocktails, don't know where to begin really, all exceeded our expectations. And now we have a chance to switch to a Caribbean cruise on Ventura in December instead of the European cruise on Aurora.

Amanda

Don't know anything about P&O. We tend to cruise the lines we're familiar with. Are they newer type ships? Let me know so maybe I'll one day consider one of their cruises.

Laurie

Well, for me, it would have to be the hot-weather cruise. I can get plenty of cold weather right here in Nebraska in December!

It's why we've never been to Europe; don't want to go while it's cold, can't stand to leave our home on the lake (it's like living at a resort!) in the summer.

Don't know anything about P&O. We tend to cruise the lines we're familiar with. Are they newer type ships? Let me know so maybe I'll one day consider one of their cruises.

Laurie

Hi Laurie,

P&O tends to cater for the UK market mostly and it's great for us as we can usually get a round trip from Southampton without having to fly. Having read some of the posts on here, I think it's a lot more formal than most of you are used to and the dress codes on formal nights (1 or 2 a week) tend to be upheld for the whole evening, both in the restaurants and in most of the bars. We quite like this, although I wouldn't want to do this every night, and am looking forward to a freestyle cruise on Norwegian Jade next month. There's also the formal afternoon tea, a bit like you'd get on the Cunard ships. That's fun, but generally only manage to do it once in a cruise. There is only so much nice food a person can eat without bursting ;)

As for the ships, Ventura is brand new and we were on the maiden in April this year. What an absolutely fab ship! I think it's the same basic design as the big Princess ships, but obviously the finish is different. They have a Cirque Ventura up on deck 19, where everyone can have a go at bungee trampolining way up above the waves! That was awesome and people of all ages were having a go (even me, lol). They were also doing other circus-y things like tight rope walking, trapeze and juggling. If you can put up with us Brits, it's worth a go if you get a chance.

Amanda

If it was me, living in South Louisiana, where we never see snow and mow our lawns 12 months out of the year, I would go on the Winterland Cruise in a hearbeat.

Hi Lady Cruiser, we live in the UK, so also don't see much snow, but don't see much sunshine either, LOL! So it's a tough decision ;)

Amanda

Archived