E-docs and booking with a TA - leaving in 9 days

I have never traveled on Royal Carribean and I have a feeling I know the answer to this question but I thought I would get some quick confirmation from everyone.

I booked this past Sunday for a 6/14/08 cruise. I finally received an email confirmation from the TA yesterday after pestering them. Do I need some type of ticket? I assume yes but I wasn't sure. I did complete the online checkin at RCCL already and had no problems. I know I need to print that confirmation and bring it with me but is there anything else I need?

I cannot fathom not having a ticket even if it is just an eticket like you get when you book a plane ticket. I emailed my TA yesterday and no response yet.

This was a new TA for me and rest assured, I will NEVER use them again. There is somehting to be said about sticking with the same agent even it there is a small difference in $.

We were e-mailed this past Monday by our travel agent with the link to our eDocs. Our cruise is July 17th.

We did book it a while ago, so I'm not sure if RCI has had a chance to put yours together yet since you booked on Sunday. It'll arrive. I think (and I'm sure there are those that know better than I do (that's not a bad thing)) all you need is the Set Sail Pass Thing-y (not sure of the name) that you fill out on the RCI website.

No worries. Have a great cruise.

Make sure you have your edocs or the set sail pass or you won't be allowed in the building. I somehow misplaced my set sail pass and the guard asked for something that showed I was booked on the cruise. Luckily I printed out the edocs so I was able to get through.

I am hoping my agent sends something. I sail 7/7/08 and this is my first cruise so I would like something for a souveneir.

You'll have your charge card bill as your souvenier after the cruise. Most cruises are now all e-ticket, some cruise lines charge more if you want paper docs.

Call your TA and ask the if they ordered paper tickets or e-tickets only and ask when you can expect your luggage tags and shore excursion booklet. That is what a TA is for - call him or her for info.

I printed off the online check in and also a copy of the booking with the booking # (didnt need the reservation, but had it just in case).

All you need is the online print off of the first page. I booked 4 days before my cruise. Quit worrying. I booked so late I wasnt even on the manifest and couldnt get the porter to take my bag until I checked in. You have nadda to worry about.

PS I see someone said to call your TA, if you are less than 30 days before your cruise, they wouldnt mail paper tickets, which have to come from RCL. You will get an eDoc at most, I didnt even get that. Sorry, I see you wanted to keep it for a souvenier, but you booked too late to get paper tickets.

PS guys the OP says he is leaving in 9 days, the TA aint going to send paper docs at this late date.

Make sure you have your edocs or the set sail pass or you won't be allowed in the building. I somehow misplaced my set sail pass and the guard asked for something that showed I was booked on the cruise. Luckily I printed out the edocs so I was able to get through.

There were people who booked even later than me who booked too late to get to print online set sail pass. I barely made it as they were cutting that off at 5 pm the day I booked. Had I waited another day to book, I also would have been too late to sign up for M&M (my Dad had been in the hospital and I couldnt book until he was discharged).

Just a copy of the booking reservation is all some had, dont lets get the OP scared. OP relax, you might not get the paper ticket you want, but you will be fine with the printed set sail pass and the porter place will have luggage tags.

I printed off the online check in and also a copy of the booking with the booking # (didnt need the reservation, but had it just in case).

All you need is the online print off of the first page. I booked 4 days before my cruise. Quit worrying. I booked so late I wasnt even on the manifest and couldnt get the porter to take my bag until I checked in. You have nadda to worry about.

PS I see someone said to call your TA, if you are less than 30 days before your cruise, they wouldnt mail paper tickets, which have to come from RCL. You will get an eDoc at most, I didnt even get that. Sorry, I see you wanted to keep it for a souvenier, but you booked too late to get paper tickets.

Actually if you are less than 30 days they will mail paper docs. I booked a cruise on three weeks before sail date and received paper docs in plenty of time before the cruise.

Actually if you are less than 30 days they will mail paper docs. I booked a cruise on three weeks before sail date and received paper docs in plenty of time before the cruise.

OP is leaving in 9 days though. I guess it doesnt hurt to ask, but 9 days before you leave, its unlikely RCL is going to mail snail mail docs.

OP is leaving in 9 days though. I guess it doesnt hurt to ask, but 9 days before you leave, its unlikely RCL is going to mail snail mail docs.

That may be true but you can still request and receive paper docs with if booking within 30 days and that was what I was referring to in your statement.

That may be true but you can still request and receive paper docs with if booking within 30 days and that was what I was referring to in your statement.

OK, I should have been more specific instead of generalizing. Point taken. I wasnt meaning there is a 30 day rule, just that its almost time for the OPs cruise...

I want to thank everyone for putting my mind at ease. I have emailed the TA several times...no response. I will NEVER EVER use them again( that is not because I didn't get an e-ticket but because they don't respond to emails). I have no e-tickets but thanks to you guys, I am not worrying. I will print the check in thing you fill out with RC online and bring that plus my TA's confirmation of payment (was hard enough to even get that).

7 days to go!

Archived