Taxi question for Budapest

CincyAL

NYfeds,

Thank you for the thread. I was just reading an article about travelers being ripped off from unreputable taxi companies. Especially when people have requested cabs thru hotels, the taxi's share a piece of the pool with the hotel, and can be outlandish in cost.

From Zona Taxi's website, it looks like the patron will be well taken care of.

I have used the airport shuttle bus to get to my hotel and also Zona Taxi. Both are fine. Do not try to hail a taxi on the street,you must call Zona taxi or get it at the airport. It is the only taxi service that is authorized by the airport.Do NOT use any other taxi service.

How about taxi service from the train station? We will be arriving from another city in Hungary and going to our ship, the Vantage Discovery,:confused:from there. Are the taxis which will most likely be out in front of the station O.K. to take?

we will be in Budapest end of Oct and have booked our transfer airport to hotel with Viator.com as we prepay it with US dollars and have a voucher, will be met by a guide w/our name and don't have to worry about having foreign currency right away. They also do train transfers and have a lot of tours listed on their website too.

Zona Taxi and the Shuttle Bus have adjoining booths in the arrival hall at the airport. You go to the left side of the booth,pay, get a voucher and then proceed to your taxi. Do not go outside to get a cab.You must pay at the Zona booth. We have used both the Zona taxi and the shuttle bus and they were both fine.There is also an ATM to get your florints in the arrival hall at the opposite end from the Zona booth.

I'm sorry,I don't remember if they take credit cards.

I do remember that we paid the shuttle bus in cash and they took Euros.It was only 19 euros for both of us.We also paid the Zona Taxi in cash using forints and that was 4500 forints for both of us.We had some left over Euros from a prior trip and we got Forints at the ATM when we arrived in Budapest.

Just returned from Avalon Artistry (Bucharest to Budapest). Took Zona taxi from Kempinski Hotel (Budapest) to the airport. Price was $4000 Forints. Only took 20 minutes at 7:00am to get from the city to the airport. When taking a taxi from your hotel to the airport you should request it the night before thru the concierge. Will post a complete trip report in the coming days.

Archived