Hotel in Venice

unfathomable

We are sailing on the Cloud in October from Venice, and want to spend a couple of nights in Venice first. Can anyone recommend a hotel near the cruise terminal, which we can get to on the water bus from the airport without having to carry our luggage up and down stairs over the canals?

We were in Venice last October on the Whisper. I noticed that the Hilton Stuckey is almost directly across the Canal from where the Whisper was docked. It was rennovated last year and should be in good condition. Hope this helps.

Good afternoon jgibbs,:)

If I could recommend a small boutique hotel that's very close to St. Marks Square. You can take a water taxis directly to the hotel as it is located on one of the canals. There is actually a window/door on the side of the hotel that opens directly onto the canal and you and your luggage can enter this charming little gem called the Locanda Orseolo. It's a family owned and run small boutique hotel with quaint decor and lovely decorated rooms. You can get a lovely room with bath for 150-200 euros including breakfast. The breakfast is awesome as the owner and his wife prepare it for you and serve it too. Try their lemon crepes.....fantastic. The Locanda Orseolo is located about 2 blocks from the main Square of St. Marks. Fabulous location.

This hotel is always rated #1 in Venice on Tripadvisor.com

The money we saved staying at this hotel, allowed us to dine at the wonderful and expensive Hotel Cipriani....highly recommended and only a boat ride away. You can catch the Cipriani hotel's private boat at their launch dock just off St. Mark's Square and walking distance from the Locanda.

Any furthur questions, do not hesitate to ask me.

Enjoy! Venice is a incredibly romantic city.

ScottToronto

• 1 month later...

My wife & I are on this same cruise. We are booked at the Hilton Stuckey for the two nights prior to the cruise. It appears to be close to the docks where the Cloud has been before. They are currently having some excellant specials. I have never been there, but I appears to be a good option.

I am interested in corresponding with fellow cruisers on this trip. My email is lance@rosemore.net . This looks like a great itinerary & we look forward to a great time on our 2nd Silverseas cruise.

Archived