NCL and financial problems?

llynn1013

So speaking of financial issues, did the Apollo investment mean a change in ownership? I've just been waiting for recent financial results and they haven't appeared as a press release. Why?

Thank you in advance.

yes sort of. There is a new board of directors dominated by Apollo...Genting remains as a major share holder.

So does that mean results will not be made public?

I think they will still be made public although I didn't understand why they had to before now. I think it might have had something to do with a public offering that was filed but never activated(off the shelf)...

My favorite fairy tale was Princess and the Pea; I can feel anything in the bed! My favorite accessory was a tiara. Maybe, I should try Princess? Would I have to wear my gown and slippers? Do they allow smoking?:D

It would depend if you are wanting to wear your dressy slippers or the bedroom style, you know, all fuzzy . . . Or how 'bout flip flops? :p

Sorry I went OT!

You know I don't understand why if a cruise line discontinues a run its such a big deal. The seventh most popular route for American Air was one time NY to Buffalo...they don't fly it any more. NCL may or may not discontinue Hawaii. It is just one run. Hawaii can do more than anyone to allow this to continue by just permitting gambling but they won't(its their right not to). If you can't give people what they want on vacation they will just go somewhere else.Didn't NCL use to travel from Galveston or was it Houston? But for some reason NCL has been made to rise or fall on Hawaii and they just isn't true. The new in cruising place is Europe....no American jobs there

You know I don't understand why if a cruise line discontinues a run its such a big deal. The seventh most popular route for American Air was one time NY to Buffalo...they don't fly it any more. NCL may or may not discontinue Hawaii. It is just one run. Hawaii can do more than anyone to allow this to continue by just permitting gambling but they won't(its their right not to). If you can't give people what they want on vacation they will just go somewhere else.Didn't NCL use to travel from Galveston or was it Houston? But for some reason NCL has been made to rise or fall on Hawaii and they just isn't true. The new in cruising place is Europe....no American jobs there
As usual you make good points; yes, they did sail out of Houston, I hope, in the future they will do this again now that the new port is being or has been built. So far, there are no plans to do this, at least not at the minute. It was a great port for those living in the mid and southwest. The only problem the ports became pretty boring after a couple of sailings. If they could figure a way to head to the west side of Florida via Grand cayman or Jamaica it might be a great itinerary. No, I am not a lover of Jamaica but it would be something new for some of those living near the Texas area.

Nita

OUCH! Some things are not allowed-not the posters fault. For instance I'm not allowed to discuss my means of booking a cruise.

Yes, that was harsh and I apologize. It's just annoying.

It's the same as if you were to come on and post something like this:

There is a TA out there that is really disreputable..I know this first hand and have ALL the insdie scoop on what they've done, but I can't tell you.

It's no different than this:

In all fairness to AAA, I have first hand experience with them and have had alot of positive interactions. I also know the finer details of the reason why they sell away from NCL and as there is truth to past posts on this issue.

what good is it?

Yes, that was harsh and I apologize. It's just annoying.

It's the same as if you were to come on and post something like this:

There is a TA out there that is really disreputable..I know this first hand and have ALL the insdie scoop on what they've done, but I can't tell you.

It's no different than this:

what good is it?

Tried posting it and my comments were deleted by the moderator.

AAA goes by just that, three capital A's, not Triple A.

Not sure of the reason for that snippy little remark. Of course you are right it is called AAA. However, it has been referred to by the masses as Triple A probably longer than you have been around.

Just saying.

Tried posting it and my comments were deleted by the moderator.

again, my apologies. :)

Of course you are right it is called AAA. However, it has been referred to by the masses as Triple A probably longer than you have been around.

Just saying.

LOL..I agree. We never call it A A A

We've always called it Triple A

When they answer the phone, they call it Triple A too. I think they'd know the name of their own employer. ;)

If you call it A A A, it sounds like you have a stutter and want Alcoholics Anonymous.

So did I. The note I got left little doubt that "even if I didn't name them" I'm not to do it.

Seriously, I'm a bit concerned that I could be in trouble for even saying this.

You could very well be, but you aren't alone. I replied on a post that I got a great deal from an online TA. The post was removed and I was sent a note which said that I was "encouraging people to ask me who it was". No kidding. I was shocked as I really try to be careful. What I don't understand is that there are some posts that actually name TA's outright and yet they get to stay.

You could very well be, but you aren't alone. I replied on a post that I got a great deal from an online TA. The post was removed and I was sent a note which said that I was "encouraging people to ask me who it was". No kidding. I was shocked as I really try to be careful. What I don't understand is that there are some posts that actually name TA's outright and yet they get to stay.

Actually though, to me it's not a huge deal. This is CC's board-- they can make whatever rules they choose.

Actually though, to me it's not a huge deal. This is CC's board-- they can make whatever rules they choose.

Oh I agree completely. I have no problem with their rules. I was just stunned as I THOUGHT I was carefully following the rules. :D

Not sure of the reason for that snippy little remark. Of course you are right it is called AAA. However, it has been referred to by the masses as Triple A probably longer than you have been around.

Just saying.

Wow..too bad that we can not voice over our words! Snippy was not what I was aiming at. I remember when I was in grade school the safety patrol's were sponsered by Triple A and I think that was on a national level. They use to where bright orange belts that crossed their chest and pinned to the belts was a steel, silver badge that had three red A's standing for AAA, not the Words Triple A. I even ran across these badges in an antique store. In addition, my local branch had an antique sign in the front of their office and it was AAA, not Triple A. Get a business card from anyone that works for them, selling insurance, membership or travel and the business cards have AAA, not Triple A. For spelling purpose, I go by how the company brands themself and that is AAA as far as how to pronounce I say Triple A, not AAA..

So is it OK to still use NCL or do we have to type En Cee El?:confused:

Sea Hound:D <-- is just stirring the pot!

With that spelling you probably just triggered a flag on some computer in the offices of homeland security ;). You may now be on a watch list LOL

With that spelling you probably just triggered a flag on some computer in the offices of homeland security ;). You may now be on a watch list LOL

I've been watched before!;) To quote the old USAF officer's training manual: "Non-commissioned officers are devious and bear considerable watching."

Sea Hound:D

I've been watched before!;) To quote the old USAF officer's training manual: "Non-commissioned officers are devious and bear considerable watching."

Sea Hound:D

Yes but these guys can have you put on a do not fly list! I don't know where you live but hopefully it's near a cruise port ;)

All of this is quite unsettling to a first time NCL Cruiser. There should be financial facts. Is NCL sound or not? Should I cancel my our November 9 day on the Jewel or not? We booked directly through NCL. I almost booked on RCCL or CCL, but after reviewing the NCL site and a couple that is very close to us came back from an NCL Pearl cruise with glowing reports, we decided to try NCL despite all of the SNIPING and CRITICISM from complainers on the blogs. Did I make a mistake? We are easy to please, we just want to get away from the rat race for a few days. One more thing, we purchased NCL's insurance. ??????

AAA has steered people away from NCL since at least the middle 90's from my personal experience. NCL is still around even with AAA scaring people away. I am a member of AAA, but it disgusts me to see their practice of only recommending RCI and Carnival owned lines continuing to this day. Maybe cruise lines have to pay some kind of fee to be on 'good' terms with AAA. I would not let AAA influence my decision though as it seems to be some kind of payoff situation.

Archived