Frankfurt transfer

world~citizen

A 45 minute connection thru CDG would have me very concerned.:eek:

I just heard from my TA (one who handles a lot of CC group cruises). They weren't any more happy with my 45 min. connection in CDG than I was. When I emailed asking who to contact should we miss our connection, she said that 45 min in CDG was unreasonable and that she'd be talking with her Manager. We now have had our outbound flight changed to North West DTW to AMS and KLM AMS to BCN with a 1 hour 10 min. layover. This is a good day! :D

2P.P1

I checked Lufthansa website yesterday and I see the flight times for November from Frankfurt to Vancouver have changed slightly.

We will now arrive in Frankfurt at 11am and fly out at 1230 so we should have enought time to get to the next gate.

Thanks! :D

So far, our FRA connection has stayed the same. Who knows what the future will bring. :confused:

2P.P1

The future brought a discontinued flight from FRA to DTW. :( I only found out about it after reading another thread that said you should keep watch on all your flights. My TA now has us on KLM connecting in Amsterdam. I'm getting dizzy! :p

2P.P1

Good luck and I feel your pain!!! I just had my 12/31 flight cancelled and changed to 1/1. Missing a day in Barcelona...:rolleyes:

I would not be a happy camper if they changed the days. Flight times, airlines, connection cities are bad enough, just don't screw with my days. :eek:

2P.P1

Greetings -- I was on a Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt last September with a connecting Lufthansa flight to Rome thru the Holland America air/sea program.

My boarding tickets from JFK included the boarding pass for Frankfurt to Rome flight complete with gate assugnments.

Weeks earlier, I went to the internet and located layouts on the airport in general and in particular the three terminals in Frankfurt that Lufthansa used historically; I also went to Flightstats and checked out all the recent flight, terminal and gate information stats for my two flights. Armed with this I felt pretty confident.

However, in arriving at Franfurt, while still airborne, the captain indicated that the gate assignments had been changed. He didn't know the new ones. Fortrunately, this flight arrived half hour early, because I found the arrival and departure boards in Frankfurt were down because of a computer crash. Furthermore, we went through customs and immigration, there, and the clock ticked on!

I took a chance, based on my research, and headed to the terminal where they had departed over the previous three weeks, two terminals away from where we arrived from JFK, and found the new gate, about 10 gates away from that designated on my preprinted boarding pass.

Other passengers made out well, also, because when we boarded the connecting flight, the plane had to off-load the baggage at the last minute, because a woman from India had not boarded, and her bagage had. We took off an hour late!

The moral is to get all the information about your terminals and hope all goes as expected.

Zorrosuncle

Frankfurt is always a bit of a maze, last time we went we were connecting on a Lufthansa Cityline flight to Florance and the gate information was not posted anywhere on the monitors. It was kinda wierd, but we just asked someone and they directed us to the right area.

I took a chance, based on my research, and headed to the terminal where they had departed over the previous three weeks, two terminals away from where we arrived from JFK, and found the new gate, about 10 gates away from that designated on my preprinted boarding pass.

Somewhere I missed the part where you looked at the display board indicating exactly where your flight was departing from.

That generally trumps the pre-printed BP......:)

Somewhere I missed the part where you looked at the display board indicating exactly where your flight was departing from.

That generally trumps the pre-printed BP......:)

The display boards were down; I had to make an educated guess as to which terminal and the proximity oif the gates. This was based on prior internet research on flightstats.com

Z U

Archived