Princess Alaska Cruisetour

sltb47

While in Denali which theater is recommended, Cabin Nite or Music of Denali Dinner Theater? Also has anyone done the Three Rivers Tour as an alternative to riding the motorcoach from Talkeetna to the Mt. McKinley Princess Lodge? If so did you do the one offered by Princess or with Mahay's?

Thanks,

Sandy

My last Cruisetour, I rode the bus to the McKinley Lodge, so I can’t be sure, but…

Having just booked the Three Rivers Tour for this July, I think the Mahay tour and the Princess tour are one and the same. They have the same departure time from Talkeetna, and Mahay advertises that you can disembark at the McK Princess Lodge.

This wasn't something that we would probably have purchased, but Princess comped us on it, so we figured we'd go since it was free. Turned out that we had a great time! The wait staff put on a musical based on the history of the area. They wear their historical garb while serving dinner. Dinner was pretty good, not world-beating, but pretty good. I'd certainly recommend it as a fun way to have a meal at the lodge.

Archived