Glory Western Itinerary ?

I was wondering the same thing. I sent an email to Carnival and asked them if this was a permanent change. I'll let ya know if I hear anything. I guess it's not really a big deal if they switch the order, but inquiring minds want to know where and when they're going:) .

We were on the Glory on the 17th but I am not sure if this was a permanent change or not. Our letter just stated they want to provide some information about our itinerary for this cruise. We didn't get the letter until we were onboard. Be interesting to see what the ones coming in this Saturday say.

I noticed a few weeks back that they had switched the port days for Belize and Roatan and am wondering if this is something they have continued and will continue to do. Or was it a one time thing? Thank you...

First I would also like to know that answer, but I see your sailing the same time as me, come join our roll call, small group, but great people so far.

Helen

From what we were told (I sailed May 17) it will be a permanent thing. The glory won't be going to both ports for too much longer but they are keeping the days switched until the end of that run. It gives you more time in each port

I have searched and cannot find the revised itinerary (and Heaven forbid Carnival should put it on their web site). Doe some one have it? I understand that Belize and Roatan got switched, but what are the new times? Thanks.

From what we were told (I sailed May 17) it will be a permanent thing. The glory won't be going to both ports for too much longer but they are keeping the days switched until the end of that run. It gives you more time in each port

What do you mean by "not too much longer"? We're going on the western in Nov and I wish they would switch back to the original itinerary before the hurricane. I prefer Nassau over Freeport if we have to go to the Bahamas, and Roatan wasn't my original choice either. I know the pier in Costa Maya should be done soon so I've had a feeling we were going to see a change in the itinerary in the next couple of months. I know it's scheduled to change by Dec, but was curious if they'd change it earlier once the pier is done.

I have searched and cannot find the revised itinerary (and Heaven forbid Carnival should put it on their web site). Doe some one have it? I understand that Belize and Roatan got switched, but what are the new times? Thanks.

It's in my review from the 5/17 sailing, I think.

If not, check the capers I posted in webshots...

http://travel.webshots.com/album/563617012WZXJYm

It gave us about 1-1/2 hours more in Roatan. Same length of time in Belize only we arrived later than what was originally shown on the itinerary (and stayed later).

Independent excursion operators will be aware of the changes but it wouldn't hurt to contact them. They probably know the port schedule better than people here.

I noticed a few weeks back that they had switched the port days for Belize and Roatan and am wondering if this is something they have continued and will continue to do. Or was it a one time thing? Thank you...

It probably had to do with Arthur. Switching the ports around as to not hit a tropical storm, or possible hurricane. I did notice that this week on Tuesday, Glory was in Rotan. According to the schedule it should have been cozumel on Monday, Belieze on Tuesday, and rotan on Wednesday. But because of Arthur, it was switched totally. Rotan, Belieze, and then Cozumel. It was for the safety of the passengers and crew.

What do you mean by "not too much longer"? We're going on the western in Nov and I wish they would switch back to the original itinerary before the hurricane. I prefer Nassau over Freeport if we have to go to the Bahamas, and Roatan wasn't my original choice either. I know the pier in Costa Maya should be done soon so I've had a feeling we were going to see a change in the itinerary in the next couple of months. I know it's scheduled to change by Dec, but was curious if they'd change it earlier once the pier is done.

glory starts going back to costa Maya on the December 13 sailing. And if you check the itenary, everyother western cruise is Freeport, and every other Nassau. Our's went to Freeport, but we would have prefered Nassau.

when it takes Costa Maya back, Rotan will be dropped.

It probably had to do with Arthur. Switching the ports around as to not hit a tropical storm, or possible hurricane. I did notice that this week on Tuesday, Glory was in Rotan. According to the schedule it should have been cozumel on Monday, Belieze on Tuesday, and rotan on Wednesday. But because of Arthur, it was switched totally. Rotan, Belieze, and then Cozumel. It was for the safety of the passengers and crew.

But they first switched it on our sailing, on 5/17. No tropical storms (there was a storm one night but that wasn't why they switched it), so it wasn't a safety issue.

As has been noted, we believe after the first sailing of this itinerary on 5/3, they realized they could switch the ports and gain time in Roatan without losing time at any of the other ports.

I fully approved the switch. More time in port is a good thing, imo.

I guess that I will check as time gets a little closer. I would like to book some excursions and was not sure which date to tell cave tubing company that we will be in Belize. If anyone gets a more permanant answer, please post....... Thanks again....

The operators will know. We'd booked with Major Tom in Belize and with Diana & Cinthia in Roatan. We weren't aware of the schedule change until we were sitting in the terminal.

They know the port schedule. They know when the ships are supposed to arrive and sail. If you book something, they'll know if it's changed.

If there is one ship scheduled to arrive on a certain day, they'll know if it's going to come in a day earlier or later.

Diana was standing there when we arrived in Roatan a day early. Major Tom was standing there at the dock when we got off the tender, a day late.

I guess that I will check as time gets a little closer. I would like to book some excursions and was not sure which date to tell cave tubing company that we will be in Belize. If anyone gets a more permanant answer, please post....... Thanks again....

I think they only mixed it up the last western cruise but the group that is out there right now and coming home on Saturday is the next one to have done the Western. Hopefully someone will post from that group. I am on the next We sail 3 weeks from tomorrow on Western and are curious as well!!!

Holly :D

Not sure if this helps or not... if you are using two more popular cave tubing companies (MT & CT dot com) I read that both companies are following the changes and will still be there even if the days are switched.

Yes, that itinerary went on for a while.

The first "new" Western itinerary was 5/3/08. It was Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Freeport.

Then she sailed the Eastern itinerary on 5/10 and alternates with the Western.

When we checked in on 5/17, we were handed a notice stating that the itinerary was changing and would be Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, Freeport.

No "official" explanation was given.

The 5/31 sailing returns in the morning. If it's still Coz/Roatan/Belize/Freeport then I'd assume it's a permanent change. Well, you know what I mean. No itinerary is "permanent" is it?

The 12/13/08 sailing replaces Roatan with Costa Maya.

I haven't been but hear it's beautiful. But so is Roatan.

Archived