Carnival Spirit vs. Princess

dbhome

I've been shopping last minute Alaska cruises for this summer and kind of had my heart set on a Princess one-way from Whittier. I just found an even better deal on Carnival Spirit - similar itinerary. Could someone give me the pros and cons of each ship? We are booking an inside cabin which makes the trip affordable for us. We figure it's better to go with the inside cabin than not to go at all.

I've been shopping last minute Alaska cruises for this summer and kind of had my heart set on a Princess one-way from Whittier. I just found an even better deal on Carnival Spirit - similar itinerary. Could someone give me the pros and cons of each ship? We are booking an inside cabin which makes the trip affordable for us. We figure it's better to go with the inside cabin than not to go at all.

I have only sailed on Carnival. We enjoyed it so much we are going again this Sept..You need to look at the portsO'call and see which one fits your needs best..I do know the Spirit goes to beautiful Sitka..:)..I think both lines are comprable as far as food and service..The cabins on Carnival are a little larger...If it is a price issue go with the best deal..

Kelly

You'll have to check out the Princess ships and see if you like them.

Diamond & Sapphire on Saturday sailings, with about 3,000 passengers.

Coral & Island on Monday sailings, with about 2,000 passengers.

I have been on both Carnival Spirit in Alaska May, 2005 and just returned from Alaska on Coral Princess. I personally preferred the Carnival Spirit. On the Spirit we did North bound and on the Coral we did South bound. Either one is a great trip. Both ships are very nice, but I personally found the Spirit better. We sat at the Glacier a lot longer than on the Coral and that was the highlight of the trip for me. Also the naturalist on the Spirit was exceptional and was constantly announcing whale and wildlife sighting over the speakers. On the Coral you couldn't hear them if you were on your balcony without having your tv on the ship channel. If you are getting an inside cabin that wouldn't matter to you as you on deck a lot and could hear more. Which ever you choose it will be a great trip.

I have also sailed both lines to Alaska, I do give an edge to Carnival for Sitka, but I've sailed Glacier Bay many times. So that is a highlight too. Pick one, you'll have a great time on either.

I have only been on Carnival Spirit 2 times. We leave in 10 days for another

Carnival Spirit North bound. :)

We have really enjoyed the Alaska trips. But on port we love is Sitka as I

fell its a real Jewel of a port.

I have no complaints of our Alaska trip.

Have fun!

I have only been on Carnival Spirit 2 times. We leave in 10 days for another

Carnival Spirit North bound. :)

We have really enjoyed the Alaska trips. But on port we love is Sitka as I

fell its a real Jewel of a port.

I have no complaints of our Alaska trip.

Have fun!

Lucky you cruising in 10 days...Have a great trip..We still have 3 months to go!

I have been on the northbound Coral Princess, and it's a beautiful ship with a great itinerary. A number of people here have recommended going on a ship that has 2 glacier-sailing days - in case you miss one of them. (The strongest proponents of that view are the ones whose ships missed the only glacier on the itinerary.) Only you can decide if you prefer 4 ports and 1 glacier day on Carnival (College Fjord) vs. 3 ports and 2 glacier days on Princess (College Fjord and Glacier Bay). This year I'll be on HAL Veendam going to 4 ports and 1 glacier (Hubbard).

**If you have your heart set on Princess - then go with Princess.

we are leaving on july 27th southbound on the coral princess and this is our 4th princess cruise, but 1st time to alaska. any suggestions while we're on board viewing the glaciers? we have a balcony. thanks!

we are leaving on july 27th southbound on the coral princess and this is our 4th princess cruise, but 1st time to alaska. any suggestions while we're on board viewing the glaciers? we have a balcony. thanks!

GET out on deck, at least part of your sailing time. And necessary, if you have a starboard balcony?? If a port side, enjoy your looks on the way in, but then bundle up and get out of the cabin. :)

Archived