Advice on waitlisted dining on Caribbean Princess.

AnneandArt

I am traveling with my husband and four teenage kids. We are currently waitlisted for the early dining and want to try to get a spot. I have been told that is better if you want to see the shows. I have been told that we should go see the maitre d' when we get settled on the ship. Should we be rushing to do this? Should we slip him some $$?? Anyone have any experience with this situation. I hear that anytime dining is not fun with 6 people as you usually have to wait longer than a smaller group.

I am traveling with my husband and four teenage kids. We are currently waitlisted for the early dining and want to try to get a spot. I have been told that is better if you want to see the shows. I have been told that we should go see the maitre d' when we get settled on the ship. Should we be rushing to do this? Should we slip him some $$?? Anyone have any experience with this situation. I hear that anytime dining is not fun with 6 people as you usually have to wait longer than a smaller group.

Already answered in your other thread....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=788318

If you can't get traditional dining (early), you can ask the MD to set up an early, standing reservation in Anytime Dining. They have a small number of reservations that they can give out. If you request early enough, you are likely to get one. That is your best best.

On another note, I've been waitlisted twice for early seating and both times I had to take anytime. My group never had to wait in line. We walked to the dining room and were seated immediately. So, you may be worried for nothing if you like eating early. (we went at 6:00pm and got in quickly)

I'm waitlisted again for my next cruise in October and really don't have much hope of getting traditional dining. I'll be happy anyway because I'll be on a cruise!

We were on the May 26th sailing of the CB. Full ship. We were a party of 8 and never waitied. We went to the dining room at all different times during the cruise and got right in. Love anytime! :)

Archived