Loved the Victory!!! Quick Review

KLF

Great pics, thanks for sharing! Which side of the ship were you on. and did you have an Island view while docked. Thanks again and happy Sailing in the future~~~

Thanks for the great pics!

Is there a pool with a retractable roof?

Yes - the aft pool has it.

We just got back yesterday from our second cruise to nowhere on the Victory. Glad to report that everything was much improved from last year - I know the Victory got a stretch of not so great reviews last summer (and I was one of them.) It's like a completely different ship - the crew is great -smiling, happy, and ready to bend over backwards for you. Entertainment was better, food better - just overall a great trip even though our two days was way too short. Norfolk is such a great port to sail from - quick and easy on and off the ship plus no airfare for us.:D

Probably the only two slight things bad I could say would be that onboard prices have really gone up for drinks and anything in the shops - you can tell that the fuel prices are hitting hard and they are trying to make it up anywhere they can. The other is that I'm still not impressed with Malcolm as a cruise director. He made a few announcements and the only place I ever actually saw him was with a drink in his hand at a couple of bars around the ship. Not that CDs don't deserve some down time, but it seemed odd that we never saw him any other time - even at the shows where we usually see the CD on stage introducing the show - Malcolm did it over the loudspeaker from somewhere else.

A so-so CD certainly won't ruin a cruise, but we had a fantastic CD last year on the Liberty (Karl with a K) and realized how much a great one can add to the whole experience.

Great pics, thanks for sharing! Which side of the ship were you on. and did you have an Island view while docked. Thanks again and happy Sailing in the future~~~

We were on the port side near the bow and the pix I took in Nassau showing the Hilton and the ships were from our balcony. In Nassau we were on the shore side, in Charleston on the side away from the city. In Freeport facing the container port, but the view the other way is only marginally better. We were on deck six. Floorplans of the ship are on the link on my blog.

We were on the port side near the bow and the pix I took in Nassau showing the Hilton and the ships were from our balcony. In Nassau we were on the shore side, in Charleston on the side away from the city. In Freeport facing the container port, but the view the other way is only marginally better. We were on deck six. Floorplans of the ship are on the link on my blog.

Thanks so much We are counting down..........

We just sailed on the Victory from Charleston to Freeport and Nassau on 5/26 and my pictures are on the web at http://www.americansabroad.blogspot.com

Just click on the photo link to Bahamas Cruise to get to the album. There are lots of links, in the text under the photos, to other web sites including Carnival virtual tour videos, ship's info, deck plans, and information on ports and other ships. It was our first cruise and we had a great time.

Ken & Alice

Was the formal/elegant night on Tuesday? I see from the itinerary that's a sea day and don't arrive in port until Wednesday morning.

Glad to hear so many positive things about the Victory. I'm going to try her out next month and am really looking forward to it. Thanks to everyone for posting their experiences.

Thanks for the review. We are sailing on 6/19, my b-day:D , and are also in cabin 7425! Special treat for my birthday. Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much. We are Carnival newbies, having sailed on 4 other lines so far, we are excited to try something new......

Happy to hear about the Victory...we are sailing her next year out of San Juan. We usually drive to our ports, so this will be a bit different for us - but we are excited to sail the Southern Caribbean - and looking forward to sailing on the Victory!

Thanks for posting those great photos. It gets me more anxious for our cruise coming up in September. This would be our first time we have sailed on Carnival.

I am concerned about not over packing due to us coming in 3 days prior to our cruise and the airline is charging for extra luggage. Does the Victory have self service laundry?

I am concerned about not over packing due to us coming in 3 days prior to our cruise and the airline is charging for extra luggage. Does the Victory have self service laundry?

I believe there's a laundry room on every deck. All of the ones I saw were on the Even room side of the ship about midship.

Thank you so much for the review and pics!!! The Hubby and I (kidlets staying home with grand parents) will be going on our first cruise on Carnival Victory Sept 20, 2009 for a 7 night Southern Caribbean Cruise. We have an

8A Balcony Stateroom GTY. When should we find out the exact room we will have? Is there an adult only pool and hot tub? Are there mini-fridges in the rooms to keep drinks cool?

Was the formal/elegant night on Tuesday? I see from the itinerary that's a sea day and don't arrive in port until Wednesday morning.

The "formal" night was on Tuesday, as was the Captain's cocktail reception. The receptions start about 4:30 with free cocktails and hors d'oevres in four different lounges, and the Captain walks from one to another. The ship's photographers are set up at several backdrops along the starboard passageway on Deck 5 to take formal pictures, which are posted for sale the next day. Check Carnival's web site for the new formal night rules - basically coat and tie or blazer and tie for men. I didn't see a tux but there were lots of suits and some military dress uniforms.

Self-service laundries are on every deck.

Thank you so much for the review and pics!!! The Hubby and I (kidlets staying home with grand parents) will be going on our first cruise on Carnival Victory Sept 20, 2009 for a 7 night Southern Caribbean Cruise. We have an

8A Balcony Stateroom GTY. When should we find out the exact room we will have? Is there an adult only pool and hot tub? Are there mini-fridges in the rooms to keep drinks cool?

You should get a "45 day letter" from Carnival with your room number. Deck plans are on the Carnival site. If you know your booking number go on Carnival's web site and find out your room and your dining time and table, or ask your TA.

No fridge in our 6A balcony room but you can get unlimited ice from room service. Bring a sixpack-sized ice chest, or better yet, a folding one, which you can use at the adult pool and 2 hot tubs on Lido as well as ashore.

You should get a "45 day letter" from Carnival with your room number. Deck plans are on the Carnival site. If you know your booking number go on Carnival's web site and find out your room and your dining time and table, or ask your TA.

No fridge in our 6A balcony room but you can get unlimited ice from room service. Bring a sixpack-sized ice chest, or better yet, a folding one, which you can use at the adult pool and 2 hot tubs on Lido as well as ashore.

A 45 day letter does not tell you your room number. We booked less than 60 days out and knew a week after booking our Bl gty. A balcony room is an 8A and up. Vicotry only has fidges in suites.

Thanks for review. Glad you had a great time!

I believe there's a laundry room on every deck. All of the ones I saw were on the Even room side of the ship about midship.

On Deck 7 it was on the odd numbered stateroom side

I looked at the deck plans in my Carnival brochure and I couldn't find the laundry rooms. I am in cabin 1232. Where is the nearest on to me?

For some reason the laundery rooms don't show on the deckplans, the one on deck 7 was near the elevators, midship if I'm remembering correctly. Maybe the one on Deck 1 is in the same location.

Archived