JVC Everio model GZMG330

Hi,

My wife and I are going on a 14 day Alaskan cruise (our first Alaskan experience) in July on the Tahitian Princess.

We are considering getting a digital video camera for this cruise. I am looking at a JVC Everio model GZMG330 which has a 30 GB hard drive and is currently on sale at Best Buy with the DVD share station for $499. That way each day or so you can create a DVD and clear up hard drive space for the next day.

We currently have two regular digital cameras which we would still take but given we will be seeing many dynamic scenes (glaciers, scenery as we move, wildlife hopefully, etc) it seems like this is the perfect place for digital video.

If anyone has any experience with this type camera or other digital camcorders, opinions are welcome.

Have a great next cruise.

I see 30 people have checked out this thread but no one has left any comments, which I thought was interesting. Anyway I still am looking for others who have this camcorder or a similar hard drive camcoder to get your opinions.

I'm also interested in opinions of using a digital camcorder in Alaska as opposed to just taking still pictures.

Thanks again.

Hi

I purchased this camera in March for our last cruise and loved it. The zoom is one of the better ones that I have tried and the ease to put on DVD is great. I actually travel with my laptop for that purpose. It has the option to take video and also still pictures,again with ease. It is lightweight and the hard drive is large to record alot..and like you,will be using it on my upcoming Alaska cruise!!

Mel.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the JVC Everio GZMG130 camcorder --- have owned for over a year and love it! It is the third camcorder I have owned and consider it to be the best (prior ones were a Canon and a Casio).

I also purchased the JVC DVD burner and it works great, although it is not a tiny or lightweight unit.

The $499 price sounds like a deal to me!

Archived