Pearl Cruisers

NW Pacific

Anyone just of the Pearl let us know how it was, there were so many complaints when the Alaska season started wondering if they have been resolved. Did you notice 2.0 freestyle, I am still confused with 2.0 if you can order "anytime omlettes" for breakast? Were the new "service stations" in the buffet implemented? If so, how were they? thanks

I don't have any answers for you but am interested in knowing the answers to your questions. We were at the Aquarium today and saw the Pearl leaving at 4:45! We were so excited to see her taking off. Can't wait to sail on her in a couple months.

service stations have existed on the newer ships like Pearl for a long time. Yes, omlettes are available, even before 2.0.

Most, not all of the reviews that i have seen posted over the past 3-4 weeks have been good. Some complaints, but mostly good.

We were on the Pearl May 4th. We had a wonderful time. The food was good, the staff were friendly, the show I saw was good. We were on VACATION. We had a wonderful time. Alaska was awesome; the ports were great. We saw so many things we would never have seen by staying at home and worrying about taking this cruise. I feel like a Stepford wife now.:cool:

I have been reading some really informative reviews of the Pearl. I love when recent passengers are willing to share the info and shed light on what to expect. Having sailed numerous times with NCL, among other ships, I see the difference from ship to ship and line to line and even week to week. I love reading the Freestyle Dailies, however, I have had past guests send them to me and then the following week, the actual activities DO change and spa specials are different. I, like you, enjoy the POSSIBILITY and read and ask questions to learn: the premise of Cruise Critic. I hope you find your answer to the 2.0.

Sailed on the Pearl 5/18-25 and had a terrific time onboard! Staff were always very pleasant and cheerful even though they were working harder than usual due to the buffet self-service being shutdown on our cruise. Food and entertainment was also very good quality, just an excellent cruise coupled with perfect weather in port:)

Anyone just of the Pearl let us know how it was, there were so many complaints when the Alaska season started wondering if they have been resolved. Did you notice 2.0 freestyle, I am still confused with 2.0 if you can order "anytime omlettes" for breakast? Were the new "service stations" in the buffet implemented? If so, how were they? thanks

I was on the Pearl May 18-25, and though freestyle 2.0 wasn't in place, and there was a residual Noro alert, everything was even more than I imagined! I think having the NCL staff serve food in the buffet was a blessing, because it kept me from overeating; that being said, the dinner in the Summer Palace and specialty restaurants like La Cucina and Mambo's were outstanding!

Service from the wait help to room stewards was first rate, and I truly felt like an honored guest from every staff person bar none.

The Alaskan weather was wonderful! Even in normally rainy Ketchikan we had a beautiful sunshine-washed day. Too bad our port of call there was so short!

I hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise, and I look forward to reading your post!

Archived