What are the chances of my waitlist clearing?!

Scrapchick

DH and I finally decided we DO want to do the Thanksgiving sailing on the Sapphire out of LA in November... We just got off the Sapphire at Easter and loved it.

Imagine our horror at finding out we are waitlisted for a cabin!!! Looks like we dawdled too long...

We are apparently #5 in the line for a mini suite... We have to have this cabin as we travel with our 7 year old and need the foldout sofa bed for her.

Not sure if it makes any difference but DH has 16 cruises with Princess and I have 15...

Our TA is optimistic, given that the cruise is 5 months away. Last year we did the same sailing but there were more ships and itineraries to choose from. This year pickings are slim.

Do you think we stand a chance of getting on board??

DH and I finally decided we DO want to do the Thanksgiving sailing on the Sapphire out of LA in November... We just got off the Sapphire at Easter and loved it.

Imagine our horror at finding out we are waitlisted for a cabin!!! Looks like we dawdled too long...

We are apparently #5 in the line for a mini suite... We have to have this cabin as we travel with our 7 year old and need the foldout sofa bed for her.

Not sure if it makes any difference but DH has 16 cruises with Princess and I have 15...

Our TA is optimistic, given that the cruise is 5 months away. Last year we did the same sailing but there were more ships and itineraries to choose from. This year pickings are slim.

Do you think we stand a chance of getting on board??

I would say at #5 you will have no problem, it is a long way off and lots of changes will happen. :)

I have to agree with Colo, There are usually cabins that open after final payment is due and at #5 I think you will get in. Doesn't have anything to do with how many cruises--it's who is next in line. Enjoy!:p

I too think you should be fine, although it is nice that you have so many cruises, I doubt that that would come into play.

I mean if I was ahead of a seasoned cruiser on a waitlist and was bumped purely because they had more cruises with me, I'd be pretty upset.

First come, first served is how it should be.

But I really do hope you get on, my one and only cruise was on the Sapphire and I can see how you'd want to be back on her! :)

Our cruise has had all cabins "waitlisted" for the past 4-6 weeks. Final payment is tomorrow, and in the last couple of days, quite a few cabins have opened in just about every category.

The odds are definitely in your favor

A friend of mine cancelled hers today on the Sapphire for Thanksgiving Cruise, wow, what a coincidence that someone would be posting about needing a cabin and my friend is cancelling one at the same time. I sure hope you get it.

With the economy like it is and fuel going up daily I'm sure you won't have a problem getting on.

Enjoy:)

Exactly. A guy on our Greek Island cruise was 35th on the list for a balcony, he just got one. Lots of cancellations starting to happen to cruises that were previously sold out.

Archived