Any other Scrapbookers!!!

abbyndrewmom

Well I still haven't finished my scrapbook from my cruise in 09 and I leave again Nov 7th. Looks like I won't finish before the next cruise as planed. :rolleyes:

I have about 3 pages left of my 09 cruise to finish before beginning work on the cruise we just finished Saturday. I simply ran out of time. But I *will* finish it before we move on to the 10 cruise! :D

Does anyone else do this? I precollect all kinds of themed cruise papers when I see them because when I need them they are no where to be found! I have a nice pile of Alaska papers for our cruise next summer and I have some really nice ones for our January Exotic Western cruise but not near enough. I better get shopping cause time is flying by. Glad that they sell scrap stuff on the cruises cause I will definitely pounce on them as soon as I get on the ship. I am always interested on where people find cruise themed items. Anybody care to share?

Does anyone else do this? I precollect all kinds of themed cruise papers when I see them because when I need them they are no where to be found! I have a nice pile of Alaska papers for our cruise next summer and I have some really nice ones for our January Exotic Western cruise but not near enough. I better get shopping cause time is flying by. Glad that they sell scrap stuff on the cruises cause I will definitely pounce on them as soon as I get on the ship. I am always interested on where people find cruise themed items. Anybody care to share?

I found this link one time and saved it: http://www.scrapyourtrip.com/cruise.html

Enjoy shopping!

It's incredibly fun to read this thread! I love scrapbooking, but I haven't had time in years. It seems like once my son joined our family, I no longer had time to scrap...which is ironic because he is the BEST reason to scrapbook!! :)

I made Shutterfly books of our last few vacations using their templates. I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out and I love how easy they are.

We're cruising on the Valor in a few weeks, so I need to finish LAST year's vacation book! :)

Hi everyone,

I am a stamper and am getting back into scrapbooking. I have had a blast reading about everybody's experiences and ideas...thank you all for taking the time to post your suggestions ... like many of you I am going to use my upcoming cruise as a deadline to finish a few other projects so that I can focus on my cruise scrapbook when we get back.... what is that saying about good intentions?

Lisa

I can't resist...hello Lisa in Milwaukee from Lisa in Milwaukee! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yes, I "pre-collect" all the time. I like being able to turn to my stash at midnight on a Friday night and find exactly what I need. :) I've used scrapyourtrip.com for a lot of themed paper, and I've also found cruise/travel themed paper at my local "haunts" - Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Big Lots, etc.

I took a different approach for my last cruise and made my all my pages ahead of time! After the cruise it was really fun to just put my pics in without worrying about what to do and how it would look. All I had to do was put in the pics, add some embellishments, and, in no time flat, my scrapbook was done! I think one of the reasons it worked so well is that I've been on a number of cruises, so I knew what kinds of pics I would end up with.

I've also become a big fan of photo pages where you can just stick all the left over pics you didn't use and include them as pages at the end of the scrapbook. That way I don't feel guilty if I don't get absolutely all of the pics into a page.

What a fun thread! I haven't been able to read it all since I just came across it and we leave Saturday for the Eastern Caribbean. I finished my 2005 cruise book in September. I promised myself I would get it done before we cruised again. Just in time - Whew!

Pictures I found lacking from my last trip and plan on taking more of this time - food presentation, my cabin door #, more pics of the ship and less of the scenery with no one in it.

Happy Cruisin' & happy scrappin'!

What a fun thread! I haven't been able to read it all since I just came across it and we leave Saturday for the Eastern Caribbean. I finished my 2005 cruise book in September. I promised myself I would get it done before we cruised again. Just in time - Whew!

Pictures I found lacking from my last trip and plan on taking more of this time - food presentation, my cabin door #, more pics of the ship and less of the scenery with no one in it.

Happy Cruisin' & happy scrappin'!

Welcome!! And please have fun on your tour AND show us some pages when you get home!!!!

Hi Everyone!

What a treat to find this thread. I have been scrapbooking for about 8 years. I have recently started a new business organizing crops. It is a hard business to get started in our city as everyone is so busy with so many activities, but I keep trying.

The first real crop that I ever attended was in 2005 and I took my box of cruise pictures from the year before and told the other ladies there I was going to do my cruise book that weekend. They all laughed at me and I thought they were being rude! I was the newbie, they knew better. It took me a good long while to finish that book (a couple of years) and I still haven't done all the journalling I should have.

But I pulled out the book one day earlier this year and started looking through it with my husband. We did a B2B Eastern/Western Caribbean in 2005 on Carnival Victory. Looking at those pages convinced my husband we should do it again. Yay!

Now we are looking forward to a cruise on Celebrity Equinox this January. They have scrapbooking classes on board as a complimentary activity. Has anyone attended one of these? I was wondering what they are like, and what kind of supplies are included?

After traditionally scrapping the first 6 cruises, I decided to do the most recent one digitally. I bought the Creative Memories software during a recent sale, so I figured I'd give it a try. Wow! It's so easy! And the pages, at least on the screen, look great! I'm going to print them (all 23 pages) and then embellish them with some stickers.

I'll report back after that's done!

After traditionally scrapping the first 6 cruises, I decided to do the most recent one digitally. I bought the Creative Memories software during a recent sale, so I figured I'd give it a try. Wow! It's so easy! And the pages, at least on the screen, look great! I'm going to print them (all 23 pages) and then embellish them with some stickers.

I hope you'll share some pictures here! :D

A lady at my Stampin Up! scrapbook club had two digital pages that she had done for the first time.. they looked awesome but I just like using my stuff.. plus she was describing all the steps she had to take (easy, but a lot for that layout) and I guess I'm too old:rolleyes: but I just can't get my head around it.. plus I have a "store" in my scrap room that needs to have its inventory reduced:eek:

A lady at my Stampin Up! scrapbook club had two digital pages that she had done for the first time.. they looked awesome but I just like using my stuff.. plus she was describing all the steps she had to take (easy, but a lot for that layout) and I guess I'm too old:rolleyes: but I just can't get my head around it.. plus I have a "store" in my scrap room that needs to have its inventory reduced:eek:

OOOH a Stampin' Up! person :) I used to be a demonstrator. :)

I *love* working with paper. I don't know--other than maybe a whimsy--but I couldn't see myself digital scrapbooking as the way to do this hobby. I honor those that do that over not doing anything, but I'm a hands-on kinda person :)

After I get home in a couple weeks, I'll share some pictures of my Inspiration cruise last November. Then it's on to my Carnival Dream cruise from September!

Now we are looking forward to a cruise on Celebrity Equinox this January. They have scrapbooking classes on board as a complimentary activity. Has anyone attended one of these? I was wondering what they are like, and what kind of supplies are included?

I went on a cruise in 2005 on RCCL Radiance. I attended just one day of a complimentary scrap class. They had some scraps of paper and a few diecuts, stencils, markers, scissors, etc. But not much to work with. Now scrapbooking as a whole has evolved alot in the last 5 years and I would say they may have evolved their onboard class with it - but if you are an experienced scrapper, spend the time doing something you can't do at home. The only other reason to go would be to meet some other scrappers on the ship.

Hi Everyone!

I just got off the Equinox on Oct 18 (Holy Land 13-night cruise). They offered six scrapbooking classes; four on port days and two on sea days. I attended the last class which was on the last sea day. There was an event in the room prior to the class which ran over so class time was lost due to having to set up tables, etc. The instructor handed out three Story Tellers Club Memories at Sea packs (Steamer Trunk, Travel, and Captured Moments). Evidently, two of the packs had been provided at earlier classes. I did not begin any of the projects during the remainder of the class time but took them with me. I don't know what else was handed out at previous classes but the three packs I received were well worth my time and effort.

I just got off the Equinox on Oct 18 (Holy Land 13-night cruise). They offered six scrapbooking classes; four on port days and two on sea days. I attended the last class which was on the last sea day. There was an event in the room prior to the class which ran over so class time was lost due to having to set up tables, etc. The instructor handed out three Story Tellers Club Memories at Sea packs (Steamer Trunk, Travel, and Captured Moments). Evidently, two of the packs had been provided at earlier classes. I did not begin any of the projects during the remainder of the class time but took them with me. I don't know what else was handed out at previous classes but the three packs I received were well worth my time and effort.

Thanks for the info! Seems kind of funny that they would run the class on port days, when most people would be off the ship taking photos to scrapbook later on. So it seems like it might be worthwhile to try to get to as many of them as you can to at least get the packages. What kind of supplies are in the packs?

Thanks for taking the time to respond. :)

Agree it's odd to have this on port days.. I belong to Storyteller's Club (joined for the tote and notebook!) and their kits are nice but very "nondimensional" i.e. mostly cut outs etc. but the paper quality is good so I too am curious what is in kits Celebrity has.. we are on Summit next June and have sea days (2-1/2-3) so hoping they do it then to check it out!

I totally agree that it was odd to have classes on port days. (But then to me there were many other oddly scheduled activities on this cruise.) As I did not attend the port day classes, I can't say for certain whether they actually took place or if anyone showed up. I'm going by what was listed in the daily program. Three of the port day classes were scheduled for the late afternoon, 4 & 5 p.m., well before the departure times of 7 and 10 p.m. One class was 9:30 a.m. with arrival in Alexandria scheduled for 10:30. This cruise was very port intensive. Most days we were not even back to the ship by 4 or 5.

I scanned the layout pages of the kits. They didn't come out too great but perhaps you can get an idea of what they look like. The kits contain many cutouts, some ribbon, tags, paper, etc. To me the steamer trunk is particularly interesting, but instead of putting the "trunk" together, I'll use the pieces for scrapbooking.

1z641ut.jpg

14bny41.jpg

24w690g.jpg

Those look exactly like the monthly kits in their "kit club" ex. that so far we've had no travel related ones... much much nicer than anything I've seen on other cruise lines.. IMHO not that great for a more advanced scrapper but if you are playing catch up with some photos you can't decide whether to spend a lot of time on they are perfect...

Those look exactly like the monthly kits in their "kit club" ex. that so far we've had no travel related ones... much much nicer than anything I've seen on other cruise lines.. IMHO not that great for a more advanced scrapper but if you are playing catch up with some photos you can't decide whether to spend a lot of time on they are perfect...

I agree. I am not one to use a lot of theme type paper embellishments. I prefer to use paper and embellishments that I really love, rather than just anything that goes along with a theme. However, I am not one to pass up free supplies! LOL.

I'm also a traditional scrapper - with Creative Memories for years. After resisting for quite a while, this year I've done my first digital projects.

After spending the year scanning and organizing my Grandmother and Great-Grandmother's photo collections - I made a digital book of some of the favorites - I will be printing over a dozen copies as gifts for Christmas for the family. This is a project I would never have gotten done traditionaly.

My second project, also with CM software, was creating a family calendar. The top of each month is an 8x8 scrapbook page, featuring heritage pictures. The bottom of the page has the calendar, with all of the family's important dates added as well as the traditional holidays. Again, printing multiple copies, this is not something I would have done traditionaly.

I'll never leave my hands on projects - I just love working with the paper and pictures, etc..... but for the right project it's nice to have a very high quality, user friendly, digital option.

Hello fellow scrapbookers! Im sooo glad i stumbled onto this thread this morning. Wow, very nice tips, i will be using quite a few of them! I LOVE scrapbooking and cardmaking, also stamping. Have a buddy and we get together for cropping every month and also do card classes. So awesome.

DH and I will be going on our first ever cruise on Dec 6. Going on the Carnival Triumph from NOLA to Progreso, then to Cozumel. I get excited just thinking of all the scrapbooking to be done after the trip itself!!

A couple of questions: Does anyone know if they do any make and takes or classes on this ship? Or even page kits i can buy onboard?

Next, someone mentioned they put a sheet of cardstock on their cabin door and asked everyone to sign it. I think this is a great idea!! Has anyone else seen this done? Do a lot of people tend to sign them? Should u attach a pen or something somehow? Im thinking of doing this. Any suggestions or thoughts would be great.

On that subject, do any of you do other door decorations?

I was thinking of doing a 12x12 cardstock and decorate it with a pic of us, our 1st cruise, etc. Was thinking of making it a porthole or the life ring, or something.

Again, any suggestions?

Have fun on all your cruises!! TIA.

Hello fellow scrapbookers! Im sooo glad i stumbled onto this thread this morning. Wow, very nice tips, i will be using quite a few of them! I LOVE scrapbooking and cardmaking, also stamping. Have a buddy and we get together for cropping every month and also do card classes. So awesome.

DH and I will be going on our first ever cruise on Dec 6. Going on the Carnival Triumph from NOLA to Progreso, then to Cozumel. I get excited just thinking of all the scrapbooking to be done after the trip itself!!

A couple of questions: Does anyone know if they do any make and takes or classes on this ship? Or even page kits i can buy onboard?

Next, someone mentioned they put a sheet of cardstock on their cabin door and asked everyone to sign it. I think this is a great idea!! Has anyone else seen this done? Do a lot of people tend to sign them? Should u attach a pen or something somehow? Im thinking of doing this. Any suggestions or thoughts would be great.

On that subject, do any of you do other door decorations?

I was thinking of doing a 12x12 cardstock and decorate it with a pic of us, our 1st cruise, etc. Was thinking of making it a porthole or the life ring, or something.

Again, any suggestions?

Have fun on all your cruises!! TIA.

I do the decorated 12x12 pages and stick 'em on the door (with Handi Tak). I just puncture a hole in the side (1/4" punch would work, too... nothing smaller for me) and tie a shoelace with a knot in the back and then tie the shoelace around the pen. In 3 cruises I did this, the pen never walked away.

A LOT of people sign them. Sometimes they ARE kids, though, so you just never know what you're gonna get.

I did one for every day. It's fun to change them and have something specific to the day on the sheet... like "DAY AT SEA" or "COZUMEL!" or what have you.

I *love* the idea of a porthole!! I have a Silhouette SD cutter and actually have the template for a porthole... I might have to try that for our September cruise on Carnival Valor.

Welcome and I hope you share your pages with us. I am waiting to get home to take some pictures from our Inspiration cruise last year that I have finished (the book is now done; I have 3 pages to insert into the book). Now I am working on our Carnvial Dream trip from September!

I am sure you are going to LOVE cruising!! Have fun!!

P.S., They DO sell page kits (and sometimes albums) on the ships (at least on Carnival). Watch for them--they don't always come out on the first day. You'll find them in the Photo Gallery area.

Archived