Any other Scrapbookers!!!

abbyndrewmom

I remember a while back looking through this thread and seeing a lot of scrapbook pages that people have posted. I also remember people posting links to their pages.

So, I don't know if I'm just having a dumb moment or what, but it seems like I've been through this whole thread and I cannot for the life of me find any of these links. I do see a few pages here & there, but I remember seeing a lot more than what I do right now.

I remember really liking a certain persons album very much but I can't think of her name and it's realy bothering me. LOL

Are the links there and I'm just not seeing it or have I really fallen off the deep end?

I finally got all my stuff unpacked and got my pictures taken from my Carnival Inspiration cruise from November 2009.

Here is the link: http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/debra919/Inspiration%20Cruise%20Scrapbook%202009/

Here are some of the highlights (not all):

I had a lot of fun doing this scrapbook--hope you go and look at all of them on the link!

Awesome scrapbook! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Love your mosaic moments! Bought the stuff at booth last year and noticed they are giving 5 classes at CKC Louisville so hoping they do same at Charlotte this year.

Spent day doing pages from Ardastra Gardens last April on cruise to Bahamas.. goregous place.. hidden gem of Nassau...

Great thread. I'd forgotten it was here. I plan to do some sharing later on.

Right now I'm trying to think of what to do for my door ONE week from today on the Carnival Miracle.

How and what do you attach if you want someone to sign future scrapbook pages ? That is what I have in mind. The doors on the Miracle are not magnetic, so I'll have to use sticky tack or something like that I guess.

What wonderful layout ideas. Thanks for this thread.

Great thread. I'd forgotten it was here. I plan to do some sharing later on.

Right now I'm trying to think of what to do for my door ONE week from today on the Carnival Miracle.

How and what do you attach if you want someone to sign future scrapbook pages ? That is what I have in mind. The doors on the Miracle are not magnetic, so I'll have to use sticky tack or something like that I guess.

What wonderful layout ideas. Thanks for this thread.

Would one of those rubber suction cup hooks work?

I just discovered this thread and I'm very excited. I love scrapbooking. I have a question. I've been looking at beautiful paper on ebay and scrapyourtrip and I keep seeing paper where the design takes up the whole page. It's really beautiful but I can't figure out what to do with it. Where do you put your pictures? Can anyone advise me or post a picture of a completed page that you've made?

Thanks.

I've thought the same thing. Where do you put the photos and the jourmaling. Sometimes what I've done is cut those papers and use them as sections on pages, like a strip on the left side or bottom of the page, The thing is if the paper design only looks good as a full page and if you cut it it wont be the same at all. I'll be looking for any solutions people come up with on here too. :)

Really love this book idea, the black pages really make the photos pop, and the white journaling is really nice.

I use to do a lot of scrapbooking but since I discovered book making I now only do that.

It is so easy and so much fun.

Here are a few photos of the book I made of my anniversary cruise.

I used the blog I kept on the trip as text in the book.

I gave the book to my husband for Christmas - he loved it!

IMGP3574.JPG

IMGP3575.JPG

IMGP3576.JPG

IMGP3577.JPG

IMGP3578.JPG

For those interested I made it with Blurb dot com. :D

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked the Carnival Miracle yesterday and it's been fun reminising about our previous cruises! We did the Miracle in '05, then the Caribbean princess, and then the Carnival Glory last year. Although I have't scrapped any of the cruises yet, I do have each cruise in it's own photo album ready and organized. Maybe, just maybe, I can buckle down and get the first Miracle done before we go!

Kathy

I just discovered this thread and I'm very excited. I love scrapbooking. I have a question. I've been looking at beautiful paper on ebay and scrapyourtrip and I keep seeing paper where the design takes up the whole page. It's really beautiful but I can't figure out what to do with it. Where do you put your pictures? Can anyone advise me or post a picture of a completed page that you've made?

Thanks.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but here is an example:

P7100108.jpg

Thanks.

It truly is a challenge to scrap patterned paper when the paper itself seems like it should stand alone. Debra's layout certainly gives you an idea of what to do. Don't get locked into having all your pics the standard 4x6. Make them smaller by just reducing the whole picture or focusing in on what is important in the picture and using that portion only. Again, Debra has done that. I like layouts that have smaller pictures which sit next to each other and run right across the centre of a double page layout, or down the side, at the bottom on one side, at the top of the other, etc. etc. It's not easy to think out of the box sometimes. Are you familiar with www.splitcoaststampers.com? It's a website for stampers, cardmakers and scrapbookers and you might have some inspiration there. Another website that is super good for inspiration is www.pagemaps.com. Becky Fleck has sketches for layouts and then also shows a layout using the sketch. Lots of the scrapbook magazines are online for ideas as well. Unfortunately, sometimes the papers only allow a single photo or you lose the impact of the paper. Another idea is to use those really special papers for your intro page where you may just have a title or some journalling. I do a lot of journallying for my layouts on the computer and not as much that is hand written. If you print your journaling on vellum paper and affix with brads (for example), then the background paper shows thru. You can also print a picture on vellum if you wish. Hope this helps.

Sandy :)

It truly is a challenge to scrap patterned paper when the paper itself seems like it should stand alone. Debra's layout certainly gives you an idea of what to do. Don't get locked into having all your pics the standard 4x6. Make them smaller by just reducing the whole picture or focusing in on what is important in the picture and using that portion only. Again, Debra has done that. I like layouts that have smaller pictures which sit next to each other and run right across the centre of a double page layout, or down the side, at the bottom on one side, at the top of the other, etc. etc. It's not easy to think out of the box sometimes. Are you familiar with www.splitcoaststampers.com? It's a website for stampers, cardmakers and scrapbookers and you might have some inspiration there. Another website that is super good for inspiration is www.pagemaps.com. Becky Fleck has sketches for layouts and then also shows a layout using the sketch. Lots of the scrapbook magazines are online for ideas as well. Unfortunately, sometimes the papers only allow a single photo or you lose the impact of the paper. Another idea is to use those really special papers for your intro page where you may just have a title or some journalling. I do a lot of journallying for my layouts on the computer and not as much that is hand written. If you print your journaling on vellum paper and affix with brads (for example), then the background paper shows thru. You can also print a picture on vellum if you wish. Hope this helps.

Sandy, et al,

I am on SCS; I used to be a Stampin' Up! lady many moons ago (and did quite well, actually); however, the point of this post is to say that I just LOVE your ideas and now I cannot wait to get home and try some of my own things using your suggestions. I am in Club SEI and got some absolutely gorgeous papers/cardstocks in October and haven't used them because I didn't know how, but now I think I do. :)

Thanks again... I love this thread here--so many great ideas and so much creativity!

I love these pages.. I'm in Quick Quotes club and they have unique papers that I have used for scrapping and also Basic Grey an Scenic Route... I do use a lot of patterns but then combine with solids that pick up the minor colors in the prints instead of the big one.. I do paper around my pictures. Even though I sort of sell stampin up I don't use their paper for scrapping bec. it's too expensive! I used a Basic Grey line for 4 pages on Ardastra gardens that were black/lime/bright yellow and turquoise.. If I can remember I will post a picture...

...still wanting to go on a scrap cruise! divine combination of my two favorite past times..:)

Check the RCCL Cruise Compass for Scrapbooking Classes. There should be one each day around 11 or 1:30. There will be free kits for different days and kits ofr sale. The cruise staff will have paper, punches, pens, scisssors and other supplies so you can crate one or two pages. A few even give lessons and provide finished pages.

The Oasis/Allure have a separate room for scrapbooking so there were 2 or 3 per day. For the firt 3 days of the cruise, I had the room to my self and used the cutting machine to make addon for my project.

Sandy, et al,

I am on SCS; I used to be a Stampin' Up! lady many moons ago (and did quite well, actually); however, the point of this post is to say that I just LOVE your ideas and now I cannot wait to get home and try some of my own things using your suggestions. I am in Club SEI and got some absolutely gorgeous papers/cardstocks in October and haven't used them because I didn't know how, but now I think I do. :)

Thanks again... I love this thread here--so many great ideas and so much creativity!

Don't you find, Debra, that the personalities of scrapbookers are such that they are always willing to share ideas and offer encouragement? Maybe we are just nurturers at heart. I specifically know of two LSS that failed and the reason why, IMHO, was because the owner only saw it as a business and had about as much warmth as a ice cube. Neither paid any attention when a customer walked into the door. It was obvious these two women were not meant to have this type of business.

A couple of times, I have sent messages to posters on SCS and always got a lovely and helpful response from them. It is an amazing resource that never fails to give me inspiration.

I also find that scrapbooking/stamping/card making, etc. unites us crafters around the world.

Don't you find, Debra, that the personalities of scrapbookers are such that they are always willing to share ideas and offer encouragement? Maybe we are just nurturers at heart. I specifically know of two LSS that failed and the reason why, IMHO, was because the owner only saw it as a business and had about as much warmth as a ice cube. Neither paid any attention when a customer walked into the door. It was obvious these two women were not meant to have this type of business.

A couple of times, I have sent messages to posters on SCS and always got a lovely and helpful response from them. It is an amazing resource that never fails to give me inspiration.

I also find that scrapbooking/stamping/card making, etc. unites us crafters around the world.

I TOTALLY AGREE! I also am a needleworker and like that "comeraderie" feeling you get when you get in a stitching shop or a scrapbook store. There is a stitching shop 2 hrs. away from here. I've gone there a couple times and they were so indifferent to me that I won't go back.

Same with scrapbook stores. I have been to Utah and those people are so warm and friendly...

Love that feeling!

Debra.....I have a question for you. Just wondering if you ever go into DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival? If yes, is the city so congested that roads and tourist venues are very crowded? Our DS is working in Washington for a year so I thought end of March/beginning of April would be a good time to visit when the trees are in blossom. Spring always seems to come there first it seems. Because I'm scheduled for MCL repair surgery early mid April, DH thinks we would be foolish to head down there and should wait till fall. Also March can be deceiving so it's always possible for a sudden major winter storm to hit through SW Ontario and NY and Pennsylvania states. I just think it would be the prettiest time to visit. Of course, we would mainly be there to visit DS and not necessarily tourist attractions as we have done those before. As well, I want to hook up with cruise friends who live in NJ. Any thoughts or advice?

Debra.....I have a question for you. Just wondering if you ever go into DC for the Cherry Blossom Festival? If yes, is the city so congested that roads and tourist venues are very crowded? Our DS is working in Washington for a year so I thought end of March/beginning of April would be a good time to visit when the trees are in blossom. Spring always seems to come there first it seems. Because I'm scheduled for MCL repair surgery early mid April, DH thinks we would be foolish to head down there and should wait till fall. Also March can be deceiving so it's always possible for a sudden major winter storm to hit through SW Ontario and NY and Pennsylvania states. I just think it would be the prettiest time to visit. Of course, we would mainly be there to visit DS and not necessarily tourist attractions as we have done those before. As well, I want to hook up with cruise friends who live in NJ. Any thoughts or advice?

Sandy,

I have yet to go to Cherry Blossom Festival, so I'm afraid I wouldn't be of much help. I *do* know that the cherry blossoms are around the area of the Jefferson Memorial, which is on the river... not quite as near as some of the other attractions. Keep me posted what you decide--fall or spring. Summer is unbearably hot in DC.

I would love to hook up with some cruise scrapbookers--wouldn't that be fun??? :D

Sandy,

I have yet to go to Cherry Blossom Festival, so I'm afraid I wouldn't be of much help. I *do* know that the cherry blossoms are around the area of the Jefferson Memorial, which is on the river... not quite as near as some of the other attractions. Keep me posted what you decide--fall or spring. Summer is unbearably hot in DC.

I would love to hook up with some cruise scrapbookers--wouldn't that be fun??? :D

Thanks, Debra. I have no desire to head to DC in the summer so spring or fall it will have to be.

I think it would be a blast to meet up with cruise scrapbookers. Getting together with others who love to both cruise and scrapbook would certain entail lots of good converation. :D Time wise, how far away are you from Washington? Have you ever gone on a scrapbooking retreat? They are a lot of fun.

Whereever I travel to, I always check out if there is a LSS or Rubber Stamping store en route to visit. My DH is very accommodating. :) There is so much product out there these days, that I can always find something new to tempt me but only buy what I can't find at home as I try to support LSS and RSS here.

Well, I have a sympathy card to make, so best get off the computer and get my creative hat on. Have a good day.

Archived