Booked Solstice Dec 7 - Suite - AFRAID

My husband booked our family on the Solstice for Dec 7. :eek: I'm already concerned as my husband never books the vacations - I usually research and book them.

I'm reading now that this will only be the 2nd time the ship has sailed - okay I'm a bit afraid - should I be.

He booked the family suite which is HUGE.

I called and they told me this room 8108 actually has a 155 sq ft BALCONY and the room is 575 sq. ft and it's at the front of the boat. Okay now all I can think is titanic. What really blows my mind is that they are pretty much giving this room away for nothing. We went on a cat 8 185 sq ft balcony room on carnival last year and paid more.

Okay are we the guinea pigs here. Why are they giving this away.

My husband booked our family on the Solstice for Dec 7. :eek: I'm already concerned as my husband never books the vacations - I usually research and book them.

I'm reading now that this will only be the 2nd time the ship has sailed - okay I'm a bit afraid - should I be.

I called and they told me this room 8108 actually has a 155 sq ft BALCONY and the room is 575 sq. ft and it's at the front of the boat. Okay now all I can think is titanic. What really blows my mind is that they are pretty much giving this room away for nothing. We went on a cat 8 185 sq ft balcony room on carnival last year and paid more.

Celebrity announced last week that the Solstice would launch on Nov. 23 as opposed to its previous date of Dec. 14. They added three new sailings and it appears you benefited from good pricing due to them adding three new cruises. The ship is apparently ahead of schedule at the dockyard. This is great news for you IMHO.

I think that you're fortunate to be in the Family Suite, it looks to be a great cabin and all the better if you were able to snag it at the incredible rates that they offered for these cruises.

As for the space -- enjoy it!

The prices seem to be bargains as they had last minute adds (there are threads all over this board discussing it).

You have a primo cabin and if it's a steal, by all means ENJOY IT and congratulate your husband on being quick off of the trigger in booking it.

My husband booked our family on the Solstice for Dec 7.

There are a lot of us that are taking advantage of the good prices. We're on that sailing with you and there is a nice roll call started for it with a lot of really nice posters. I hope you'll come over an join us. Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=783709

I'm looking forward to meeting you and your DH.:D

Garry

By all means, be very very afraid. The sailing is bound to be a disaster!!! Oh, and when you cancel, can you please just transfer the cabin reservation to my name?? :)

Seriously, it will be the 3rd revenue sailing, and they sold cabins at those great rates to fill up the ship on very short notice. Come along and have fun....no need at all to fret (unless it's about how many pair of shoes to pack!).

Come along and enjoy the fun!

T

Don't worry.....be happy you got such a great deal! Come on over to the Solstice Roll call and have some fun yapping and planning with us! Joining the fun will enhance your cruise anticipation experience:D !

Look forward to hearing from you!

Judy

By the way you have noticed that this cabin only has ONE bathroom - not really an innovation when all the RCCL Family suites have 2. One would think they could learn from each other.

You can swim, right?

Trust me. When you get back, you'll be bragging to all of your friends how you went on a brand new ship, on its third sailing, and got the deal of a lifetime. You'd pay twice as much (at least) to be on the maiden voyage, so get excited, you've earned it!

Archived