I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

@ Trakk

Just look at my post over yours there is all the info about Copenhagen Plaza that you need.

But i have to add a little bit more.

Taxi from Copenhagen Plaza to the airport is around 200-250 dkk but look at the info about the train to the airport in my post to Joy2theWorld.

The only limo service i know is Copenhagen Limousine Service.

http://www.cphlimo.com/

Hi Danish Viking

We're travelling with my in-laws and arriving quite late on Fri 3rd Sept. We're staying at the Marriott and wondered if you had any suggestions for Sat a.m for Breakfast & local area.

Many thanks

We will be arriving in Copenhagen on the DCL in June and will be attempting to do Copenhagen on our own. I'd love to see Kronborg Castle, Fredensborg Palace and Frederiksborg Castle. Would that be too ambitious to do it without a tour guide in one day? We are in port from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. The train schedule and routes look fine to me, but it's hard to know unless you have done it before. If anyone has any thoughts on the matter, please share. Thanks.

@ JazzieB

I am not an expert on brunch in Copenhagen but here is a list of brunch places in central Copenhagen.

http://ibyen.dk/resultater/?type=restaurant&genreCheck=3321#side=&type=restaurant&area=1&omraade=1000-1499&genre=&genreCheck=3321

@ rolyjp

If i was you i would focus on Fredensborg and Kronborg for 2 reasons.

1) You can´t see enough of the castles if you are doing all 3.

2) There is a heavy renovation of the S-train line to Hillerød.

There will be busses from Svanemøllen Station in northern Copenhagen to Hillerød from 5th of June to 8th of August.

Some of the line will open up from Svanemøllen to Lyngby so there will be busses from Lyngby to Hillerød from 8th of August to 26th of September.

There will be direct busses to and from Hillerød and Farum on another S-train line but the travel time will be alot longer.

If you decide on going to Kronborg and Fredensborg you simply just take the Öresund train from Copenhagen Central Station to Helsingør where the castle is located.

You can take the train to Helsingør from Østerport station that is located closest to the cruiseships at XX:06, XX:26 and XX:46.

You´ll get back to Copenhagen from Helsingør at XX:15 XX:35 and XX:55.

THe travel time is 38 minutes.

The simple way of getting to and from Fredensborg is just to take the Lokalbanen train.

The train departs at XX:48 from Helsingør and back again from Fredensborg at XX:39.

The trip takes 18 minutes.

Just to see the scale of the construction on Nordbanen to Hillerød you can see it here.

http://www.bane.dk/db/filarkiv/6597/ny_Oversigtskort%2032%20Broer_nordbanen.pdf

Danish Viking,

How much time will it now take from Copenhagen to Hillerod, since there will be busses from Svanemøllen Station to Hillerød, or Lyngby to Hillerød (rather than a direct S-train the entire way)?

Thanks!

The fastest way is to take the train to Farum where extra busses is driving between Farum on line A and H and Birkerød and Hillerød on Line E.

But it will still be around 20-30 minutes longer in travel time.

But the new schedule is not revealed yet

But to be precise

There are busses on all the line between Svanemøllen and Hillerød from 5th of June og 8th of August.

But this line is around 30 kilometers long so it´s a long bus trip.

From 8th of August some of the line is ready and the train will be able to go all the way to Lyngby.

So from 8th of August to 26th of September there will only be busses from Lyngby to Hillerød.

We will be in Copenhagen (on HAL Maasdam) on August 1 from 8-5. My daughters (ages 7 and 9) have friends they went to school with for 2 years that just moved back to Lund, Sweden. Would it be easy for them to get over to Copenhagen to meet us and where would be a good place to meet: easy for both of our families to get to and kid friendly.

Thanks!

I would allow 8-10 hours to do both Frederiksborg and Kronborg included travel time to and from Copenhagen.

The CPH card covers entrance to Frederiksborg slot and the small ferry on the castle lake.

But it will not give any discounts or free entrance on Kronborg Slot.

The CPH Card cost 459 dkk for 72hours and 229 for 24 hours.

The trip to the castle will cost 125 + 60 in entrance at frederiksborg = 185 dkk

The trip with public transportation to from the airport to the hotel cost 34,5 and 23 from the hotel to the pier.

So already now the card has saved you for 242,5 dkk.

The last 216,5 kroners you can safe here.

http://www.e-pages.dk/woco/6/

You can safe some money by purchasing the card at the airport instead of paying to send it home to you.

Is there a place to purchase the CPH card near the cruise ship piers?

Where can the 10 ticket transit card be purchased? Can two adults share one card?

I am arriving on a cruise ship and will be in Copenhagen 2 full days. I've previously visited Copenhagen and driven around Denmark. I would like to get off the beaten tourist track. Do you have any suggestions? What are your favorite hidden spots?

@travelite: look at post 1392 and 1393 in this thread, there is the answer to sharing discount cards (PS: the answer is yes, and even the stampings themselves can be shared). The cards can be bought at all staffed train stations and at selected shops, tobacco stores etc, e.g. 7-eleven. The 10 trip cards come in several versions: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and all (9) zones, the most common being the 2 and 3 zones cards. For travel within city limits (but NOT to the airport), it's always 2 zones. To the airport, it's 3 zones.

Dragør is a nice place, and a bit off the beaten track.

@travelite: look at post 1392 and 1393 in this thread, there is the answer to sharing discount cards (PS: the answer is yes, and even the stampings themselves can be shared). The cards can be bought at all staffed train stations and at selected shops, tobacco stores etc, e.g. 7-eleven. The 10 trip cards come in several versions: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and all (9) zones, the most common being the 2 and 3 zones cards. For travel within city limits (but NOT to the airport), it's always 2 zones. To the airport, it's 3 zones.

Dragør is a nice place, and a bit off the beaten track.

Thank you for forwarding this information.

Do you happen to know the current price for the 10 ticket 2 zone card?

How many zones is it to Dragor?

Is there a location in the cruise ship pier area to purchase this card. I did see a train station several years ago, but didn't notice if it was staffed.

@ travelite

The current price for the 2 zone card is 135 dkk.

Dragør is 3 zones away so you just stamp the card 3 times in each direction.

If you want to travel for a little bit over 30 minutes i would recommend a visit to Køge were i live. :)

Køge can offer alot of small antique shops, and a big market square that is open every wednesday and saturday and also some nice cafés both at the market square and at the harbour.

@ Alison1466

The train from Lund to Copenhagen goes on a sunday at XX:17 XX:39 and XX:57 and the traffic starts at 06:17 and the travel time is 1 hour.

You could meet under the big watch at the central station in Copenhagen (København H) and go to Tivoli that is just located next door.

@ travelite

The current price for the 2 zone card is 135 dkk.

Dragør is 3 zones away so you just stamp the card 3 times in each direction.

If you want to travel for a little bit over 30 minutes i would recommend a visit to Køge were i live. :)

Køge can offer alot of small antique shops, and a big market square that is open every wednesday and saturday and also some nice cafés both at the market square and at the harbour.

@ Alison1466

The train from Lund to Copenhagen goes on a sunday at XX:17 XX:39 and XX:57 and the traffic starts at 06:17 and the travel time is 1 hour.

You could meet under the big watch at the central station in Copenhagen (København H) and go to Tivoli that is just located next door.[/quote

Thank you for the 10 ticket information.

Is there a place to purchase the Copenhagen Card near the cruise ship pier?

I think for us, the Copenhagen Card may be a better choice rather than the 10 ticket card. Perhaps it would be best to pay the postage/fee and purchase it on line. We'd get to use it from the ship to city center rather than purchasing additional single tickets to get to a location where they are available for sale.

With the Copenhagen Card, is there any discount for canal tours or entrance to Tivoli? The web site for the Copenhagen Card gives no information on specific museums that are included with the card or if other discounts are given.

I ordered the 72 hour Copenhagen Cards for my husband and myself two weeks ago. On Monday we received six 24 hour Copenhagen Cards and one 24 hour Child Copenhagen Card. On Wednesday we received another envelope with two 72 hour Copenhagen Cards. We were only charged for the two 72 hour Copenhagen Cards. Does anyone know if we can give them to some friends and will they still work? The cards are non-refundable. Thanks.:o

I ordered the 72 hour Copenhagen Cards for my husband and myself two weeks ago. On Monday we received six 24 hour Copenhagen Cards and one 24 hour Child Copenhagen Card. On Wednesday we received another envelope with two 72 hour Copenhagen Cards. We were only charged for the two 72 hour Copenhagen Cards. Does anyone know if we can give them to some friends and will they still work? The cards are non-refundable. Thanks.:o

Or be honest and return them to Copenhagen?

I was wondering how long it took to receive the Copenhagen Cards after you ordered them on line. What was the current price for a 24 hour card adult plus mailing/fees to the US? The card's web site does not give complete, clear information.

If the cards don't have your ID on them, I would think anyone could use them.

My concern about returning the cards is that I don't know if the cards will work or not. For example a gift card is just a plastic card unless it is activated by the seller ahead of time. With my luck I will return the cards that the seller activated and end up with the non-activated cards and then have to pay double to get more cards since they say the cards cannot be returned.:o See my problem? Are these cards like gift cards we buy in the states or special membership cards that need to be activated? If not, then I will just return them when we get to Copenhagen in a few weeks. If so, then I will hold on to all of them and when we get there figure out which ones are activated.

Regarding someone's question about how long it took to reach California and the cost, I ordered them on 4/21 I think and they mailed them to us on 4/22/10. We received the first set on 4/26/10 and the second on 4/28/10. The cost for the two 72 hour cards was 918 DKK and 20 DKK process fee. They charge 10 DKK per card via internet order. I hope this helps!:)

I would hope you would return them also. Some family is going to suffer the

mistake of the company and probably have to reorder and pay again. If it were your cards you'd hope someone would admit the mistake and return them to sender.

If you aren't sure the cards are even going to work, even more reason to return them. They might realize their mistake after the fact and know the numbers that were sent to you. That might cause those who try to use them some serious headaches and heartaches. I would be honest and contact them to tell them what happened. They say they can't be returned because they don't want people changing their minds not because they don't want people sending back something that might have been an error.

Archived