I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

Could you please tell me if there is a night canal/harbor tour of Copenhagen similar to the ones during the day.

It would be a Friday night in August. Am not interested in a dinner cruise or party tour, just a basic tour like during the day except at night?

Thanks,

Jim

Hi JIm,

I am not Danish Viking, but another person asking him questions as well. Last summer I was in Copenhagen and went on the Netto Canal boat and will do so again when I am there for one day in August this year. Here is some info from tripadvisor.com. I am sure Danish Viking will answer you when he returns from his trip,.

Hope this is helpful.

DFDS

A 60-minute guided tour of the harbour and the canals,

www.canaltours.com

The Netto Boats

A 60-minute guided tour of the harbour and the canals, www.netto-baadene.dk

Carolyn

Hi JIm,

I am not Danish Viking, but another person asking him questions as well. Last summer I was in Copenhagen and went on the Netto Canal boat and will do so again when I am there for one day in August this year. Here is some info from tripadvisor.com. I am sure Danish Viking will answer you when he returns from his trip,.

Hope this is helpful.

DFDS

A 60-minute guided tour of the harbour and the canals,

www.canaltours.com

The Netto Boats

A 60-minute guided tour of the harbour and the canals, www.netto-baadene.dk

Carolyn

Thank you for your input. When visiting Amsterdam several years ago, one of my favorite things was a canal tour, so may do both (even though they are basically alike) or one during afternoon and one later in the evening (although it probably won't be very dark).

@ seven1113

There is one located at the Corner between Kongens Nytorv and Nyhavn and i think that is is the best one and i don´t think that there is a shop at the freeport terminal.

@ Destin Mom

you can see all the venues at the website, but to answer your question i think that with this weather the outdoor stages would be the best option.

http://www.jazz.dk/en/copenhagen-jazz-festival

@ FSUJim

I think that the links provided by seven1113 would answer your question but else just ask again.

@ calvin81

As posted before bus number 26 goes one stop closer to the hotel by the stop at Trommesalen and the price is 23 DKK for each person and you can pay with upto a 100 DKK note.

The taxi will cost you 150 DKK

There is not a ATM at the piers and the closest one is at Østerport station but the taxi takes almost every card but just tell the driver before you start the trip.

But i need a date to help you with the other question because there is some major track repair on the way to Frederiksborg Castle.

DV

How much is the taxi from the airport to Freeport pier. Can I use Euros or a credit card?

Are there any other options of transportation?

I am on the Eurodam on July 19.

Thanks for your help.

@ seven1113

There is one located at the Corner between Kongens Nytorv and Nyhavn and i think that is is the best one and i don´t think that there is a shop at the freeport terminal.

Hello Danish Viking,

@ Destin Mom

you can see all the venues at the website, but to answer your question i think that with this weather the outdoor stages would be the best option.

http://www.jazz.dk/en/copenhagen-jazz-festival

@ FSUJim

I think that the links provided by seven1113 would answer your question but else just ask again.

Hello Danish Viking,

Thank you so much for the response. I am starting to pack for the trip. Hope you had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed all the music.

Carolyn

Thanks for the answers to my questions DV! I'm beginning to wonder if we should just take a cab to the hotel -- with luggage and needing to walk to Osterport station to find an ATM, and the bus may be crowded that time of day (we'll just be disembarking around 8:00). How long of a walk is it from Langelinie to Osterport? If we're at the station for the ATM would it be better to take a train than the bus? We're arriving August 5 and I think we'll go to the two outlying castles the 6th. I also am trying to determine if I should get the 24 hour Copenhagen card or the 72 hour, but if the second day we're going to Fredericksborg first, hopefully I can get that admission in the 24 hour span. Does the 70 DKK Citypass cover the trip back from Kronberg Castle? I know that admission isn't covered by the Copenhagen card anyway. We will buy the Copenhagen card once we get rid of our luggage at the hotel and perhaps walk Stroget before we activate it. What would you advise? Hope you enjoyed your music festival!

We are going to do Copenhagen on our own. Below are the things we'd like to do/see. what would be the best way to fit these in and get from one to the next?

Tivoli

Canal Tour (walk along Nyhavn)

Amalienborg Palace (maybe changing of the guard)

Some time along Strøget

As alwyas, thanks in advance.

Ok, stressing out a little. Spent all my time working out transportation issues in Stockholm that I have neglected Copenhagen a little. We are arriving in Copenhagen on August 12th on Royal Caribbean's Vision of the Seas. We are a group of 2 adults, 1 senior, an 8 year old, 6 year old, and a 2 year old. We need to get from the port to the Marriott Copenhagen. What is the best method? Will I need a car seat for any of my children? What are the "must see" attactions of Copenhagen? We have 2 days. We will spend a significant part of one day at tivoli. Is the hop on hop off bus or boat better, or neither one? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks, Amy

@ robcruz

Around 250-300 DKK

You can also take the train and a short walk or bus to 33,5 DKK each person.

First you take the Øresund/Airport train to Østerport station.

Then you take bus number 26 towards Færgehavn Nord (not Ålholm or Langelinie)

Or change to a northbound S-train to Nordhavn station where you can walk to the pier in 10-15 minutes.

@ Milwaukeeee

I think that the hotel does have one but try to email them before you take away.

@ calvin81

Thank you, the festival was great and i have found a new favourite band in FM Belfast

Wow many question, i will try to answer them as best as possible.

As you can see on this link the walk to Østerport is around 1 km

http://map.krak.dk/m/p3GhD

As you said yourself if you already are at Østerport it´s way faster to take the train to the central Station (København H)

The city Pass will not cover transportation outside of the citylimit (only the airport) so there is good value in using the CPH Card.

Your daytrip to Frederiksborg and Kronborg would look like this.

S-train line A to Farum from the central station that goes every 20th minute.

Special bus service from Farum to Hillerød

Either a 15 minute walk or bus 701 towards Ullerød or 702 towards Grønnegade and get of at Klostervej at the Castle.

Take the same bus back to Hillerød Station.

The train for Helsingør and Kronborg Castle will go one every hour at XX:00 and takes 25 minutes.

From here you can see Kronborg so you just walk from here.

The train back from Helsingør to Copenhagen goes every 20th minute.

@ rs38

If your ship are in early i would first take the canal tour, then Amalienborg at noon, lunch at Nyhavn or Strøget, walk along Strøget to Tivoli.

@ amybethchristiansen

First of all you will need either a large taxi or 2 normal taxi´s but even though i love public transportation i don´t see this as an option for you.

The must see´s must be Tivoli, Rosenborg, Amalienborg Nyhavn/Canal tour and Strøget in no paticular order.

I see the ho/ho busses as a waste of money because the city is easily walkable by yourself.

Dear DanishViking,

We will be arriving in Copenhagen on a tuesday in August from Langeline Pier onboard the Regatta. We must see the Museum of Danish Resistance (which is close to the ship?), the Rosenberg Castle and gardens, and a canal ride. Is this doable as we will be in port from 8 to 5? It has been recommended that we use the Netto canal tour. What is your recommended order that we do this? Also will we need to take any public transportation to see any of this or is it walkable? If we need public transportation, how do we do this?

Where along this route could we find a little lunch--just enough to tide us over until we get back to the ship?

Are there other sights that are worthwhile that we could possibly fit in?I have a copy of a walking tour from Rick Steves that looks promising but I don't know how long that takes. I have not mentioned Tivoli because we will be there during the day and I have been told nighttime is the time for that.

One more item--is the statue of Hans Christian Andersen near the Rosenberg gardens?

Thank you for your help.

Pearl

@ robcruz

The ticket covers all transportation and you can only pay with coins and 50 and 100 DKK notes.

@ Pearl64

A perfect route would be Resistence museum, Rosenborg and Crown Jewels, Canal tour from Nyhavn, Amalienborg and a walk along the harbour back to the pier.

And yes there is a statue of HC Andersen in the Kings Garden at Rosenborg.

The lunch would be taken at Nyhavn.

Thanks again for all your help DV! I am confident about our day outside the city seeing the two castles now -- you've given me great details regarding our transportation. I am still undecided about taking a train or taxi from the ship -- 1 km doesn't sound long until you're walking with luggage. Perhaps someone on this thread can give advice if they've walked this route with a couple of wheeled suitcases in tow. And I wish there was a 48 hour Copenhagen card. Perhaps we'll just get a transportation card for the second day. Although if we have the card the whole time we could go back to Tivoli again the second night -- is that worthwhile in your opinion?

We fly to Copenhagen on July 16th and will take a 2 week cruise in the North Baltic. Should be pack any sweatshirts or jackets? It is 100 degrees F. here right now in the states so hard to imagine packing clothes for cooler weather...........thank you so much for any advice that you can give.:)

Viking;

You have helped me get my trip together but here I need assistance. I am doing the segway tour from 10-12;00noon. I have an ice bar apt @ 3;00pm. therefore I was thinking due to time constraints I would head to go back to Nyhavn and grab a hot dog and maybe get on the canal boats (the ones on the opposite side of the Nyhavn.. about 20 meters. what is there name?). Once boat tour is complete then head for the ice bar apt @ 3:00pm.

Is all the above possible?

If yes, do I wait for the bus I think #26 at the pier?

Name of the canal tour company the one that is a lot cheaper?

your thoughts.

Thanks

Bob

Archived