I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

@ kelrac

@ Girl_from_Ipanema

Are you traveling on a weekend or from monday to friday.

If its a weekend you can´t use bus number 26 but then you take a northbound S-train from track 9 and 10 and get of at Nordhavn Station.

From here you can walk to the freeport terminal.

If it is from monday to friday you can take Bus number 26 from the central station from the stop at Vesterbrogade.

Thank you for this great info! We leave on a Sunday and come back on a Friday so I guess I'll get to use both routes!

If you don´t want to sit in a bus for such a long time you can just get the bus from just outside the freeport terminal and get of at Østerport station instead of København H (central station).

But only Intercity trains for Sønderborg, Flensburg/Padborg and Esbjerg departs from Østerport so in order to get to Vejle you have to take either the Intercity train that departs at XX:00 or Intercity Lyn that departs at XX:50 from København H.

We will be in Copenhagen 3 -1/2 days pre cruise and want to take the Ferry to Malmo and also experience the train across the bridge. What is the best way to do this? Is the ferry or train included in the Copenhagen pass, or will it discount the tickets? :confused: I understand the train uses the Oresund bridge which is so fantastic. Should we take the Ferry over and train back, or is it better to get a round trip ticket?? :confused: Once over is the city itself easy to get around? Thanks for your info, we will be there in early Sept 2011.

@ mes531

There is no ferry service between Copenhagen and Malmø so the only option is to take the train.

Ask for the Øresund Familie (family) ticket because its cheaper and it is valid for 2 adults and up to 3 children.

The price for one single ticket (oneway) is 82 DKK but the Øresund familie ticket (also oneway) cost 128 DKK.

@ KerbyTex

The national museum, Tivoli and Ny Carlsberg Glytotek is open.

@ mes531

Ask for the Øresund Familie (family) ticket because its cheaper and it is valid for 2 adults and up to 3 children.

The price for one single ticket (oneway) is 82 DKK but the Øresund familie ticket (also oneway) cost 128 DKK.

Thank you for that valuable information - even without any children it's a saving for 2 adults!

The prices are 36 dkk and 18 dkk.

Thanks for the info., You're great!

We are arriving late in the PM after an over night flight. I don't think we would do much other than exploring downtown area & possibly a Canal tour... on our first day, that's why we only need transportation tickets from airport to town.We'll get a 24 hours CHP card for the next day.

Lynn

Hello! We are American "ex-pats" who are currently living in Copenhagen.

LOTS of great ships come through here - and I'm more than happy to give advice on "what to see and do".

We have two children, ages 4 and 6 (currently) - so are very well versed in "what do to with kids".

The great thing about CPH is that it is a VERY (and I mean VERY) clean, safe, and EASY city to explore.

This is a "not to miss" city on your plans --

Enjoy!

What is the approx cost of taxi from airport to Best western City hotel,(Peder scrams gade24) since we are arriving on 22nd may 2011 would we have problems reaching the hotel as I learnthat the marathon is scheduled for that day.

What is the approx cost of taxi from airport to Best western City hotel,(Peder scrams gade24) since we are arriving on 22nd may 2011 would we have problems reaching the hotel as I learnthat the marathon is scheduled for that day.

P, I don't know the answer to that, but we're arriving on the 23rd and planning on the metro.

Will see you on the ship

Hi my name is Joy and where going to meet the cruise there , copenhagen on May 26. I have kids 5 and 6 . we plan to stay 3 days after we got back from the cruise.

Any suggestion of places that we need to see and the kids will enjoy?

Thank you.

Hi my name is Joy and where going to meet the cruise there , copenhagen on May 26. I have kids 5 and 6 . we plan to stay 3 days after we got back from the cruise.

Any suggestion of places that we need to see and the kids will enjoy?

Thank you.

Hey there!

An advance welcome to Copenhagen!

The airport is on one end of the island, while the cruise port is on the other. They are quite far away.

What I would suggest doing is purchasing a COPENHAGEN CARD from the airport when you arrive. You can purchase them in either 24 hour or 72 hour time limits. Choose whatever will work best for your stay.

That card is your "golden ticket" to ALL of the public transportation in the city. Luckily, it is VERY easy to navigate the metro, subway, and busses in Copenhagen. You will be quite able to take the subway from the airport and get quite close to the port. You will get off at Osterport. From there, take a VERY SHORT taxi ride to the pier.

This is all VERY easy to do.

In addition, the Copenhagen card will get you FREE or DISCOUNTED admission in to some of the city's top attractions. There is a fantastic "hop on/hop off" bus tour that you can get a discounted rate for with the card. That is the best way to get a lay of the land and determine what you REALLY want to see/do with your time.

Some not to miss items:

Tivoli (regardless if you have kids or not)

Rosenburg Castle (where the crown jewels are)

Amalienborg Palace (where the Queen & her family reside)

The little Mermaid statue is quite close to the pier - so that will be easy for you to see. Don't plan a whole day around her - as she is QUITE tiny.

Any other specific questions?

Hello , we are thinking of going through Airbnb on a apt in Brumleby any thoughts ? Seems to be near everything.

@ numlox

You will get to the Nyhavn area for around 250 DKK but expect traffic jams during the marathon.

But if you look a this map you can see that Kongen Nytorv metro station is located a few 100 meters from your hotel.

http://map.krak.dk/m/abnR1

@ Joyivan

The most child friendly places in Copenhagen is Tivoli, Bakken (the world´s oldest amusement park), Copenhagen Zoo and i think that the canal tour will go well with the kids.

@ RNPJN

Brumleby is located close to Trianglen where alot of busses are departing from and also located next to Parken stadium.

I have read all of the posts on this thread and they have been very helpful in planning. My son and I will be in Copenhagen 4 1/2 days pre-cruise. We already bought the 72 hour Copenhagen Card and have those days planned out.

On the 4th day, we plan to go to the Open Air Musuem (opens at 10 am) and then Bakken (opens at 2 pm).To get to the Open Air Museum, I read to take the train at the central station to Sergenfri stop and then take bus 184 or 194. Is this the easiest way? Are the buses located at that train stop or will be need to walk to find a place on their routes. Also, if we want to be at the museum at 10 am, what time should be catch the train at the central station.

To get to Bakken from there, it looks like we head back to Sergenfir station and take that train to Hellerup and change trains to the Klamperborg train. Is that the easiest way?

On the last 1/2 before boarding the cruise, we would like to go to the Zoo and then Carlsberg Brewry. It does not look like they are too far apart. Can we take a bus directly from Central station to a stop near the zoo? The next question is how we get from the zoo to Carlsberg. I emailed Carlsberg and the person told me to "just walk through the woods." I looked at the map and see a park so I am assuming that is what he meant. Is there a bus that runs between the two or is it faster to walk through the park? Once we are through at Carlsberg, what is the easiest way to get back to the central station.

We would then grab our luggage and heard to the ship at Freeport. Since this is a Wednesday, we can take bus 26. Do we catch that at the central station?

Thanks for your help.

I have read all of the posts on this thread and they have been very helpful in planning. My son and I will be in Copenhagen 4 1/2 days pre-cruise. We already bought the 72 hour Copenhagen Card and have those days planned out.

On the 4th day, we plan to go to the Open Air Musuem (opens at 10 am) and then Bakken (opens at 2 pm).To get to the Open Air Museum, I read to take the train at the central station to Sergenfri stop and then take bus 184 or 194. Is this the easiest way? Are the buses located at that train stop or will be need to walk to find a place on their routes. Also, if we want to be at the museum at 10 am, what time should be catch the train at the central station.

To get to Bakken from there, it looks like we head back to Sergenfir station and take that train to Hellerup and change trains to the Klamperborg train. Is that the easiest way?

On the last 1/2 before boarding the cruise, we would like to go to the Zoo and then Carlsberg Brewry. It does not look like they are too far apart. Can we take a bus directly from Central station to a stop near the zoo? The next question is how we get from the zoo to Carlsberg. I emailed Carlsberg and the person told me to "just walk through the woods." I looked at the map and see a park so I am assuming that is what he meant. Is there a bus that runs between the two or is it faster to walk through the park? Once we are through at Carlsberg, what is the easiest way to get back to the central station.

We would then grab our luggage and heard to the ship at Freeport. Since this is a Wednesday, we can take bus 26. Do we catch that at the central station?

Thanks for your help.

We also will be in Copenhagen almost 4 days...curious what you have planned for each day. We also plan on getting the Copenhagen card for 72 hours.

S-train line B towards Holte will get you to Sorgenfri.

departure every 10th minutes on weekdays and some part of saturday, evenings and sundays is every 20th minute.

Bus number 191 will get you to Frilandsmuseet from Sorgenfri station but it is also a short walk away.

http://map.krak.dk/m/aJdLm

If you get off 1 stations before at Lyngby station you can also use the faster line E towards Hillerød

From here you can use bus number 194 (direction Skodsborg), The walking distance will be be to long so you have to time it with the bus departure.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Pages/Buslinje.aspx?direction_gid=9014200019410000&linegid=9011200019400000&line_name=194

Heres is the bus schedule from Lyngby.

Now you want to get to Dyrehavsbakken, better knowns as Bakken.

You just have to get back to either Sorgenfri or Lyngby station and from there take a southbound S-train (Line B Høje Taastrup or line E Køge)

In Hellerup you change to either S-train Line C (to Klampenborg) or Øresundstog (towards Nivå) to Klampenborg station, the trains towards Helsingør/Elsinore will bypass Klampenborg.

Bus number 6A will get you from the central station to the Zoo without any change.

Here is the walking route from the Zoo to Carlsberg.

http://map.krak.dk/m/aJdLm

Danish Viking,

We will be in Copenhagen in August from 8am to 5pm. I have already signed up to do a segway tour which runs from 10am to 1pm the latest. The segway office is on the pier. Do you think that leaves enough time to do a canal boat tour and what would be the fastest way to get there? Thanks for all you information, its a great help to all of us planning a vacation!

Jane

With the pier i suppose that you mean Langelinie pier where the segway tours starts from.

Have you checked were you ship docked, the other piers are Nordre Toldbod and the freeport terminal.

Bus number 26 departs from Langelinie pier and stops at Kongens Nytorv where you can take the canal tour.

The bus trip takes 16 minutes but you can walk along the water in around 30 minutes.

http://map.krak.dk/m/aJU9B

This route that i suggested takes you through Kastellet fortress and the royal residence Amalienborg on the way to Nyhavn where the boats sails from.

The canal tour stops at The little mermaid at Langelinie pier where you also can cath the boat but then you won´t get the full tour unless they allow you to stay on the boat at nyhavn and travel back to the little mermaid.

Is there a way to get this map in English, I tried going on mapquest, but I was not successful. It would be very helpful for walking from the pier to the canal tour. Also, are there many canal tours from Nyhavn, and if so is one better than the other? Do you have to reserve in advance.

Thank you

Archived