I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

Hi Again Danish Viking,

We have been wafting on hotels after reading and getting a feel for your city and its hotels. Originally interested in Adina but thought price high however looking around I have realized its not too bad for what is included. Is it fairly local to the area Kongens Nytorven (spelling probably off) that you recommended to be near? If not can you recommend the hotels in that area that you known to be clean, comfortable and comparable in price. Thanks so much for your help. I will probably have more questions once we get closer to trip. Your knowledge is invaluable.

Hello CruisinEurope,

We are ending our cruise this June in Copenhagen and will be spending one night there before flying home. I would appreciate your opinion as to which area I should look for a hotel given the pier is at the opposite end from the airport. I have been to Copenhagen once before and have taken in quite a bit of the must sees between the pier and Tivoli.Is the area around the airport worthwhile exploring?

Thanks In advance!

@ nettieskitchen

Adina is located in the port area next to Langelinie pier and close to Østerport station.

Hotels in the Kongens Nytorv and Nyhavn area are...

Copenhagen Admiral Hotel

Hotel Christian IV

71 Nyhavn Hotel

Scandic Front

Copenhagen Strand Hotel

Clarion Collection Hotel Neptun

Phoenix Copenhagen

Hotel Maritime

Hotel Opera

All these hotels are great and also equal in standard.

And also cheaper options

Generator Hostel Copenhagen

Hotel Bethel

@ jamrockgirl

There is not much going on around the airport so if i was you i will go out to the Zoo and Carlsberg Brewery in the Frederiksberg/Valby area or take the train and explore northern Sealand with Frederiksborg and Kronborg (Hamlet) castles.

@ CaptainDMW

I checked this information last year and then the answer was no but try to contact DFDS Seaways and see if they can keep them for you.

But else you can use the luggage storage at the central station and start your tour from there.

@ GoVikes

I´m sorry that i first saw your post now but to get back to your question i would take the Scandic Front because its located in a much quiter area than The Square that at this moment is located in between 3 construction sites.

The constructions sites are pretty large by danish standard and involves the Town Hall Square metro station, reconstruction of Industriens Hus and Scala so its a little bit messy and noisy.

We are looking at hotels in Copenhagen this summer. We are debating between either The Square or Scandic Front. There are seven of us traveling(three children). Recommendations/comments on either of these?

We stayed at The Square and loved its super great location and classy contemporary style. In the am, their breakfast buffet was very nice. That's usually at an added cost. Below is a picture of this hotel and how it overlooks the important City Hall Square area. Being right near Tivoli, this hotel made it very handy to go there in the evening. At nights, the lights are really "MAGIC" there. Below are a couple of my photo examples.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 59.670 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 57,071 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

In Copenhagen, we stayed at The Square hotel that overlooks the main plaza in front of their City Hall with its large tower. This picture angle is framed by two statutes in front of this famed civic building.:

CPHtheSquareHotelFront.jpg

Tivoli looks so special at night with its famed building designs, water features, gardens, flowers, rides, people, entertainment, etc.:

TivoliJapHseLake.jpg

Tivoli has a wide variety of entertainment happening each day and evening. Here we enjoyed this super energized “BIG BAND” performance, including the Duke’s famed “Night Train” sounds.:

TivoliBigBand.jpg

Hello Danish Viking,

What a wonderful service you provide to us!! Thank you.

My question to you:

According to the Copenhagen Port website, our ship (Seabourn Pride) will be docked in the Inner Harbor (quay C177). We will be coming from Copenhagen airport (Hilton Hotel there) to the ship. Is it easy to reach the ship by metro and/or S-train (we will have carry-ons only), or are we better off taking a taxi?

Danish King

I haven't heard you mention this hotel that I found in Rick Steves Guide book Hotel Bethel Somandshjem. We will be arriving in Copenhagen in the late afternoon and getting on the ship the next afternoon. I hear it's has a great location but it isn't anything fancy. What is your opinion of it for a one night stay.

@ charmary

I would say that Bethel is something in between a hotel and a hostel but i have only heard good things about it.

The location is spot on and its located on the quiet side of Nyhavn so you wont have that much noise from the bars and cafés at Nyhavn.

I think I've narrowed it down between the Bethel and Clarion Collection Hotel Neptun. The Neptun is about $40 US more per night but includes a light dinner each night. They both seem in the same general area. We are planning to stay two nights. Is one a much better choice than the other? Thank you.

Dear Danish Viking,

Is it possible to have a taxi van that can accommodate 7 people with luggage ? we are a group of 14, and wonder if we can get 2 of those vans or 3-4 taxis ?

Thank you so much for all the info regarding Copenhagen. We can't wait to go there.

Michelle.

Hello Danish Viking! I have so enjoyed all the information you have provided. I have a questions about bikes ...

Are the city bikes good quality? My hotel offers bike rental but I prefer the idea of using the city bikes because I will be in and out of all the sightseeing stops and I don't want to worry about the hotel's proprty being lost or stolen. I reviewed the website for the bike information and it looks like they have places to leave bikes everywhere and I would be able to do a combination of walking and biking.

Hi there

First time in Copenhagen, we are going on a cruise on the Norwegian Sun and I believe it leaves from Freeport. We are considering staying at the above and wondering how convenient would it be to get.... 1. from the airport

2. to wander around places of interest around Copenhagen and 3. to get to the cruise terminal.

Apparently the place is around 10 minutes by foot from Copenhagen Central Station or two-three stops by bus.

Thank you in advance for the info......:)

They are normally in a good condition and if you are socially aware then i can tell you that it is former drug users and people like that that repairs the bikes and keep them up in good condition.

Oh, like a rehabilitation program of sorts? That's great!

Thanks!

I'm going to have a few days in Copenhagen and am wondering about visiting Legoland and also have been considering staying in Sweden instead of Copenhagen. Can you recommend anywhere to stay in Sweden close to the bridge since we'll be relying on public transportation. Also, do you know how we can make visting Legoland work? Is that a day trip or would we need to stay over? And again, without a car is that possible?

Thank you!

Archived