I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

I'm fairly familiar with Copenhagen, as I lived there, as a boy, during WWll.

As we'll be in the city, pre-cruise in September, with a rental car, I have been researching the parking situation, which I know is expensive. Could you please tell me about "Q Park", the rates they show, are they for a period of time re: 8:00 - 18:00 = 17,00 DKK, or is it per hour? Which would be very expensive !! :confused: :eek:

Also, how & where do you pay this fee? :rolleyes:

The reason for traveling by car, is due to disability, and the use of a wheelchair. :)

Thank you for any help.

Cato

Completed Cruises !

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07Jun.0212 7 Days, Eatsern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20thcruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier round trip.

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York.

22ndt cruise - Emerald Princess, 10 days, 26 Sep. - 05 Oct. 2012, Canada/New England, New York - Quebec City.

It is per hour and parking is indeed very expensive.

If it is a parking garage you would have to pass a gate where your credit card would be inserted when entering and leaving the garage.

You could also park in the streets but the rates are almost the same.

If you park at the street you will have to find the nearest ticket machine (parkomat ?????) and insert the ticket in the front window.

Hello Crusin Europe,

We are in Copenhagen for a couple of pre cruise days, staying at Hotel Nebo , from there which bus would we take to Nyhaven and the Little Mermaid and where would we pick it up and get dropped off. Also is it far to walk from Nyhaven to the Little Mermaid or best to pick up another bus. Thank you.

Sue

Sankt Hans is on the 23th of June and last year the bon fire was ignite at 21:30 and there was alot of special shows going on so i'm guessing that it is the same this year.

At 19:30 the national radios girls choir will perform in the concert hall.

TY so very much for taking the time to write back.

Is the national radios girls choir an event you recommend trying to buy tickets for?

:D

TY so very much for taking the time to write back.

Is the national radios girls choir an event you recommend trying to buy tickets for?

:D

TylerRose - I remember reading last year there were jazz concerts at Nyhavn beginning around 4:00 in the afternoon. I am hoping they will be doing that again this year. Also, our DH's may want to talk photography on the cruise.

TylerRose - I remember reading last year there were jazz concerts at Nyhavn beginning around 4:00 in the afternoon. I am hoping they will be doing that again this year. Also, our DH's may want to talk photography on the cruise.

Sounds great!

Hello! We are American "ex-pats" who are currently living in Copenhagen.

LOTS of great ships come through here - and I'm more than happy to give advice on "what to see and do".

We have two children, ages 4 and 6 (currently) - so are very well versed in "what do to with kids".

The great thing about CPH is that it is a VERY (and I mean VERY) clean, safe, and EASY city to explore.

This is a "not to miss" city on your plans --

Enjoy!

Hello, my wife and I will be arriving from the U.S. June 12, 2012. We are staying at the Richmond Hotel for two nights pre-cruise. My questions are: (1) Cost of cab from airport; payable in euros or US $$$? (2) How far is the hotel from the airport? (3) Is the hotel located within walking distance of major attractions?

Thank you, Ed

@Shoegal24

It is one of the few hotels with air on if that matters and it is located next to Vesterport S-train station and Tivoli and Town Hall Square just a few 100 Meters away.

@gonzo9091

Actually your hotel is located almost next to Imperial so a taxi will be around 250-300 DKK but with the train station next door it would be cheaper to use the train.

Hi Cruisin Europe, we are planning a pre cruise 2 day stay in Copenhagen. We are debating about which hotel to choise. We are traveling with my mother who is 92 so wanted a nice hotel with a/c, close to attractions and restaurants. Maybe do a city tour.

So need an opinion about Hotel Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers, Clarion Collection Hotel Mayfair, Kong Arthur and Raddison Blu Royal

Thank you in advance for all your help

@ tango223

As far as I know only Crowne Plaza is with aircon.

Imperial and The Square also has aircon and are also located downtown while Crowne Plaza is located in Ørestad Business district close to the airport.

Btw for some reason I don't know Cruisin Europe is not active on these boards anymore but then its good that I could take over this wonderful thread.

. . . the helpful information regarding hotel locations. We will be in Copenhagen three nites pre-Artic Circle cruise on August 9th (plus one night post cruise) and have been referred to stay at the Scandic Copenhagen. We would appreciate any insight you may have to share about location and proximity to train station. From everything we are reading, the train from the airport is our plan. We then do need to arrange transport from hotel to cruise terminal. We hope four days will give us ample time to enjoy your home.

The hotel is located next to Vesterport station so you will have to either walk from the central station (København H) or take a taxi.

You could also change to the S-train train and take it one stop to Vesterport.

train ticket is 36 DKK for one person and the short taxi ride around 50-80 DKK.

A taxi from your hotel to the cruise terminal will be around 150-200 DKK but if you want to save some money you could take the S-train from Vesterport to Nordhavn and walk to the cruise terminal from there

You could also take the train from Vesterport to Østerport and change to bus number 26 towards Færgehavn Nord and get off just outside the cruise terminal.

A train/bus ticket cost 24 DKK each person.

Location of hotel, if you want to search on the cruise pier just type in Orientkaj and you will find it.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?q=scandic+copenhagen&hl=da&ll=55.677754,12.559261&spn=0.014736,0.038581&fb=1&gl=dk&hq=scandic+copenhagen&hnear=scandic+copenhagen&cid=0,0,6572580233876459459&t=m&z=15&iwloc=A

Have you thought about booking 2 rooms on Name Your Own Price on Priceline. The Marriott (which historically has been the only 4 star in the main Copenhagen area on Priceline) is often booked with a fairly low bid. In our case for $104 (plus tax) for a Saturday night in June.

When did you make your bid and what was your acual booking date. Thanks

Thank you Danish Viking for your informaiton. We decided to stay at the Imperial Hotel because of it's location and also good comments from travel sites on that hotel. We plan to take a cab as it is the easiest way to get from the airport to the hotel.

My question is regarding whether to buy the Copenhagen card or purchase the Hop on / off combo ticket. We arrive in Copenhagen early morning on Sunday July 15 and will take our Princess cruise on July 17th.

Thanks again for your help.

@ tango223

It depends on what you want to see, you can calculate your savings on the website where your purchase the card.

Here is a list of things we wanted to see:1) Tivoli Gardens 2) Amalienborg Palace (changing of the guards) 3) Canal Ride (maybe take the Christianborg tour and time it with #2) 4) Rosenburg Slot (Castle) 5) Shopping at the Stroget 6) see the Little Mermaid statue

We also want to try the Ida Davidson restaurant for smorrebrod.

Note we are traveling with my mother and she walks but very slowly so we hope that the trains/buses are convenient to those sites.

Thank you again for all your help.

@ tango223

Btw for some reason I don't know Cruisin Europe is not active on these boards anymore but then its good that I could take over this wonderful thread.

Hi Danish Viking....I originally wrote to Cruisin Europe but now I know why he didn't get back to me.

Couple of questions perhaps you can help me with...

From Central Station area where can I pick up a bus going to Nyhaven area and the little Mermaid and what number will it be.

Could you tell me roughly how long it will take to walk along the shopping area from CityHall to Kongers Nytorv (without shopping).

Thanks for your help.

Sue

Archived