I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

@ jstducky

You can take bus 26 (direction Langeliniekaj) from the central station directly to The Little Mermaid.

Or take any northbound train to Østerport and walk or take bus 26 from there.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Timetable%20Resources/26-0026-111211.pdf

On the way back you can take water bus 991 from the nearby Nordre Toldbod to Nyhavn.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Timetable%20Resources/991-3991-010412-r.pdf

even if this is on a Saturday, bus 26 will be operating?

thank you for your help!

@ jstducky

Its one the part of the route out to the freeport terminal that are not running in the weekend.

I just copied my text from another post.

I must state that its only the part of the line between the DFDS Ferry terminal at Søndre Frihavn and Færgehavn Nord that is not running on weekends and public holidays

Færgehavn Nord is the end of the line but the freeport cruise terminal is located along the way.

The part via Ålholm Plads and Langelinie Pier (one of the other cruise terminals) is always running.

On Monday to Friday the bus runs in a 10 minute interval with one bus going to Langelinie Per and the other to Færgehavn Nord

Saturday is also in a 10 minute interval with one bus going to Indiakaj just at the bottom of Langelinie pier and the other to Søndre Frihavn (DFDS Ferry terminal).

Sunday and public holidays the bus only goes in a 20 minute interval and only to Indiakaj at the bottom of Langelinie pier.

I have made my own drawing of the route starting from the central station and not all the way from Ålholm Plads.

http://map.krak.dk/m/9W1RI

We intend to take a taxi from port to Airport (estimated cost in DKK would be appreciated) and then leave our bags at the terminal in the left luggage department. We will have eight hours to spare so is it still worth it to buy a Copenhagen card to visit the zoo or go on the hop-on hop-off bus tour. Could you tell us the best way to go from the airport to the zoo or hop-on bus.

Much appreciated the fantastic job you are doing, CruisinEurope. A thousand thanks from Scotland.

Even though i´m not CruisinEurope i will answer anyway. :p

I think the best way is to use the luggage storage at the central station (København H) because the ho/ho busses depart from the nearby Axeltorv and bus 6A departs from the central station and goes out to the Zoo.

The airport train will then take you directly to the airport in 12 minutes

Bus timetable.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Timetable%20Resources/6A-0006-231011.pdf

Map of the central station

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/Hovedbanen.pdf

The luggage storage is located next to the "Cykelcenter" and the Ho/ho busses departs a little bit out of the picture in the bottom right corner.

Here is a map to show the walking route from the central station to Axeltorv.

http://map.krak.dk/m/9GIjt

Hi Danish Viking

Question -can you walk from Nyhavn to Christiania or is it better to take the metro? I looked at Google maps and it states it is a 17 min walk but I cannot tell if the route is walkable. It will be a Sunday. We plan to do the canal tour, have lunch, then head to Christiania for the walking tour they do at 3:00.

Also, do you know if there is a bike tour of Christiana?

Hello Danish Viking,

I'm sure you have answered every possible question about transportation in and around Copenhagen but...

We are a group of 4 arriving in Copenhagen on the morning of Sat June 2 around 11am. We will purchase a Copenhagen Card at the airport and use the train to get to our Hotel - Best Western Hotel Hebron - I believe it is a short 10 minute walk from the train stop Kobenhavn H to our hotel.

We plan to use the Card on the Saturday to do the Canal tour (depending on the weather), Amalienborg Castle and the Tivoli at night.

We will be getting on the Emerald Princess on Sunday June 3 at the Frihavnen Berth C245 (Freeport). What is our best method of getting from the hotel to the ship on a Sunday? Depending what time we activate our Copenhagen card we may be able to use it on the Sunday but either way, we are game for public transportation with a short walk hauling our luggage or a taxi. What would you recommend?

We arrive back in Copenhagen on Thursday June 14 and will have to make our way back to the Hotel Hebron for an overnight before our early flight the next morning. So, again our best way to get from the pier to our hotel?

For our early departure of 7am - Is is okay to walk to the train at 4:30am or would we be better in a taxi?

I sincerely appreciate all the time you take to help the cruisers make their way around your city. We are looking forward to our visit!

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Hi, 3 of us will go to Copenhagen for Baltic cruise (10nights) and stay 1 night after cruise (post- cruise) at Copenhagen.From copenhagen airport, should we get airport Taxi to Frihavn Pier, or 36DKK per person train+bus26 /train+taxi to pier or 10 trips of Klippekort for 3 zone 190DKK (and use the balance during our 1 night post cruise stay)?

We will only concerntrate on city area during our 1 night post cruise stay.

Is the above big difference in price? We will reach Copenhagen on weekday, Thursday

Thanks for your advice.

HI there, Just to add some points:

By the end of our cruise, we will dock at Frihavn Pier at 7am. Then we will go direct to Absalon Copenhagen hotel. Will concertrate on the city and also canal tour. We will take the 8am morning flight back to UK on the next day. Would like you to help which is the best transportation for us here..Thanks a bunch! god bless!

@ World Gallery

I would say that it is walkable and there is plenty of sidewalk, but the road has alot of traffic so its not the nicest walk.

@ Homeagain

It only takes 4 minutes and not 10 to walk from the central station.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=K%C3%B8benhavns+Hovedbaneg%C3%A5rd,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=hotel+hebron&hl=da&ie=UTF8&sll=55.673455,12.56237&sspn=0.002096,0.004801&geocode=FfCDUQMd3ra_ACG8Pbjhu201oA%3BFTh_UQMdy6m_ACGmoc1JEgVJjClfZpi5DFNSRjEmtGf-NCsZtg&gl=dk&dirflg=w&mra=ls&t=m&z=18

To get to the pier you can either take any northbound S-train from platform 9 and 10 and get of at Nordhavn station and walk from there.

I would not hesitate to use the airport train when your hotel is only 4 minutes away from the central station and its still way cheaper than a taxi.

@ meganttt

If you buy the 3 zone Klippekort you will just have to punch it 3 times from the airport, 2 times from the ship to the hotel and 3 times from hotel to airport.

Now you have 2 clips to use on your post cruise day.

And as stated before with the hotel next door to the central station it will be madness to take a taxi.

@ World Gallery

I would say that it is walkable and there is plenty of sidewalk, but the road has alot of traffic so its not the nicest walk.

I see that there are Metro stations on the map close to each. Would this be a good option and do you happen to know the name of the station or stops for getting from Nyhaun to Christiana? I am assuming if we get confused we can just ask someone, since everyone speaks English. We didn't do well with navigating the subways in NYC last summer!

Thanks Danish Viking - to get to the cruiseport is platform 9 or 10 at the Central Station?

We will use the train to go back to the airport -since it is 4 of us through 3 zones I believe individual tickets are the way to go - no advantage to a klip?

Thanks again for your help.

The first metro station near Nyhavn is obviously Kongens Nytorv and the next station on the line is Christianshavn.

M1 and M2 stops on both stations and the direction when going to Christianshavn is either Vestamager (M1) or Lufthavnen (M2).

The first metro station near Nyhavn is obviously Kongens Nytorv and the next station on the line is Christianshavn.

M1 and M2 stops on both stations and the direction when going to Christianshavn is either Vestamager (M1) or Lufthavnen (M2).

Thanks! Sounds easy.

Hi DV, thanks for your reply. Just few more questions..

I ll take train from Copenhagen Airport and Get off at Østerport station. Then take bus 26 (Færgehavn Nord direction) and get off at Frihavn.

Q1. Is the bus26 terminal just outside the Østerport station? We are going with big luggage. My mum was old and i am afraid if the walking journey is too long.

Q2. How long do we need to walk when we get off at Frihavn? Can we see the ship?

Q3. After we come back from the cruise, are we taking the same stop and same bus 26 to central station?

Q4. Can we see Absalon hotel from the central station? Just too afraid if we can't find it.

Q5. Can we punch the Klippekort if we use metro as well? We are thinking of going to Canal tour at Nvhavn from Central station.

@ homeagain

Sorry it was both track 9 and 10.

If its the only time you gonna use the Klippekort then the single tickets will be 1 krone cheaper. :-D

But you will then have 4 extra clips to use if you needed them.

We will have to consider what we are doing on our return day from the cruise to see if we need public transportation and if a Klippekort will be useful.

Thanks again for all your helpful information.

Hi Danish Viking,

We are a group of 3 will be in Copenhagen on May 22 for Baltic cruise. We plan to take train from the airport to Kobenhavn H station, stay one night at copenhagen plaza hotel, and then take bus 26 on the next day Wednesday May 23 from the central station to Frihavn port. Should I buy single tickets for our trip from the airport to Central Station, and from Central Station to Freeport terminal. Can I buy 2 zones klippekort (DKK 145), and punch 5 times for the train trip from the airport to the central station Kobenhavn H, and punch another 5 times for the bus 26 from the central station to Frihavn port.

Thank you very much for your help.

Amy

@ meganttt

1) Here is a map showing elevators and such things.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Terminalkort/%c3%98sterport.pdf

Here is the timetable for bus 26 (towards the 2 cruise terminals) from Østerport, only the departures marked with the letter B are going to the freeport cruise terminal.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200002610000&stop_gid=9025200000002049

2) The bus stop at Kalkbrænderihavnsgade is just outside the gate to the freeport terminal.

3) Yes if your ship is in port on monday to friday, here is a timetable for the bus going in the other direction (Ålholm Plads).

Note that the departures marked with C are not going from july 2th to august 10th.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200002620000&stop_gid=9025200000006591

If your ship is in port on a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday the only option is to walk to Nordhavn station, it takes 10 minutes from the main gate and i tested it myself :D

4) You can´t miss it, just look at this map you can use the entrance at Istedgade so the trip is way shorter than wath google is telling you.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=absalon+city+hotel+copenhagen,+helgolandsgade&daddr=K%C3%B8benhavns+Hovedbaneg%C3%A5rd+Posthus,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&ll=55.672714,12.563049&spn=0.004193,0.009602&sll=55.67292,12.56237&sspn=0.004193,0.009602&geocode=FUJ7UQMdh6y_ACHpxTo7rAJYJikL9uMyc1NSRjHA2TxwvC3DPA%3BFfCDUQMd3ra_ACG8Pbjhu201oA&oq=k%C3%B8benhavns+hovedbaneg%C3%A5&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&t=m&z=17

5) Yes the tickets are valid for all modes of transportation but from your hotel it will be better to use bus 1A, 11A, 15 and 26 all departing from the central station and you can even take bus 26 from the corner at Helgolandsgade and Vesterbrogade.

@ onthewayup

Yes you need to punch it 5 times from the airport but only 3 times to the cruise terminal.

The reason for this is that there are 3 zones from the airport and only 2 zones to travel inside Copenhagen.

If you wondered why you have to use 10 zones to travel in 9 zones the simply answers is because its more easier but in theory you could punch it 4 times (to get 8 zones) and then buy a socalled Tillægsbillet for only 12 kroners and then save the punch for another time.

Thanks Danish Viking for your info.

More questions: where I can buy klippekort at the CPH airport? Will they accept credit card? is there any ATM at the airport? I also want to buy Copenhagen Card to use during staying 1.5 days before the cruise. Can I also get CPH card at the airport?

Thanks

Archived